Impressed

Kangawallafox

As for rose coloured glasses everyone here knows I do my fair share of bitching,I am definitely not backwards when it comes to pointing out an issue here.

If it's good I say so,if it's bad I say so,I never mix the two.

Did any one annoy me today,he'll yes,maybe my rose coloured glasses need an upgrade.

• Like 2

Am I the only one who finds these types of threads to be moronic? "Hey, everyone guess what I met a person in this country of 70m people that was actually really nice and meeting them made me happy. Amazing Thailand! What a surprise! Just goes to show you! Wonder what I will discover next!"...

• Like 2

Am I the only one who finds these types of threads to be moronic? "Hey, everyone guess what I met a person in this country of 70m people that was actually really nice and meeting them made me happy. Amazing Thailand! What a surprise! Just goes to show you! Wonder what I will discover next!"...

I can see your point mr happy.

The truth is I posted it because people are generally saying negative things about thai men and woman.

Does it hurt you or anyone to focus on the positives,I guess it must.

I'm sure everyone here has witnessed everything in every post almost,so let's all according to your way of thinking stop being morons and post nothing.

What is far more moronic is to reply to threads you dislike,that's the absolute height of stupidity.

Your not a happy man are you.thats ok,maybe thing will get better.

• Like 2

The truth is I posted it because people are generally saying negative things about thai men and woman.

I'm sure everyone here has witnessed everything in every post almost,so let's all according to your way of thinking stop being morons and post nothing.

What is far more moronic is to reply to threads you dislike,that's the absolute height of stupidity.

Weren't you just whinging about the way you were overcharged for coffee?

• Like 1

Nignoy, on 02 Jan 2014 - 06:02, said:

Please....tell me .....where can I find good friends and relatives like yours?

Envy you.

at last kanga a positive thread about Thailand, congratulations!!

But....But.....I love Thailand.

That's why, after 6 years, I'm still here.

By the way....I googled "kanga" and that's what came up!!!!!

The kanga (or khanga; from the old Bantu (Kiswahili) verb ku-kanga, to wrap or close), is a colourful garment similar to kitenge, worn by women and occasionally by men throughout the African Great Lakes region. It is a piece of printed cotton fabric, about 1.5m by 1m, often with a border along all four sides (called pindo in Swahili), and a central part (mji) which differs in design from the borders.

I've been called many things in my life........but a.......colourful garment........never before!

Thanks anyway.

Envy you.

The kanga (or khanga; from the old Bantu (Kiswahili) verb ku-kanga, to wrap or close), is a colourful garment similar to kitenge, worn by women and occasionally by men throughout the African Great Lakes region. It is a piece of printed cotton fabric, about 1.5m by 1m, often with a border along all four sides (called pindo in Swahili), and a central part (mji) which differs in design from the borders.

I've been called many things in my life........but a.......colourful garment........never before!

Thanks anyway.

.I googled "kanga"??????? cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

No wait! Kangawallafox err Kanga...............come on you'll get there clap2.gif clap2.gif coffee1.gif

When I arrived in Bangkok my wife's sister gave me a gift wrapped box with two pairs of Muay Thai trunks,high quality ones,lovely thought

perhaps she knows her sister better than you.giggle.gif
Explain,you lost me.

That was rather funny, me old Aussie mate. Think about it again.

When I arrived in Bangkok my wife's sister gave me a gift wrapped box with two pairs of Muay Thai trunks,high quality ones,lovely thought

perhaps she knows her sister better than you.giggle.gif
Explain,you lost me.

That was rather funny, me old Aussie mate. Think about it again.

Still lost me.

Weren't you just whinging about the way you were overcharged for coffee?

Sure was,will again to if it happens,like I said I see the good and the bad,I don't bs.

lostinsurin, on 02 Jan 2014 - 10:34, said:
Costas2008, on 02 Jan 2014 - 09:46, said:
Nignoy, on 02 Jan 2014 - 06:02, said:Nignoy, on 02 Jan 2014 - 06:02, said:
Costas2008, on 01 Jan 2014 - 22:27, said:Nignoy, on 02 Jan 2014 - 06:02, said:

Envy you.

Thanks anyway.

.I googled "kanga"??????? cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

No wait! Kangawallafox err Kanga...............come on you'll get there clap2.gif clap2.gif coffee1.gif

Now I'm lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No matter what the negative and lost souls say this was a good post, a welcome relief from the all too frequent whining and complaining.

As with every other country on this planet there are good people and some bad, I think it fair to say that some of the good here in Thailand work a lot harder than some of us "privileged" westerners to improve their lot. It is easy to forget the advantages we had during our upbringing, some of which rural Thais don't even know about never mind dream of.

Anyway good post and well worth the time to read...

• Like 1

Great post from the OP.

Wrapped it all up nicely - Accepts there are negatives, relishes the positives, recognizes that the majority of Thai/Thai relationships are between good women hard working women and good hardworking man and points out cases of mutual respect between the OP and his Thai friends.

And finds all this in the urban setting of Bangkok.

The OPs experience mirror my own - I don't recognize the bitter generalizations expressed about Thai people here on TVF nor do I recognize an absence in the urban areas of the values that makes so many Thai people great people to live with.

Yes and ditto all these positive comments on TV, dare I say for a change.

I have had great experiences with my "family" here and all over Thailand, particularly with the police, believe it or not.

facepalm.gif

I like your personal "comment". I read these regularly and keep some of them.

Quidquid recipitur ad modum recipientis recipitur, Whatever is received is received in the manner of the receiver.

Nice.

That is my philosophy for life and travelling in particular.

I have met really nice people in the most unlikely places in the world.

However I have to say, that most of Thailand and Bali have at least that thing in common, for which they are both famous.

The hospitality of the locals.

• Like 1