Police officer in Pattaya denies slapping Russian tourist

webfact

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually in removing himself from the scene he was acting with restraint I hardly associate with Thai police. He seems to know he is too angry and overeacted and moves off to cool down. As far as the rest I believe he did hit her or her camera and it is probable that they did not understand the clamping and tried to remove the vehicle..no excuse for this and they could have been arrested for that but no excuse for hitting a camera or girl here.

If he did nothing wrong and he was 100% correct in what he was doing, why would he care if she takes a photo or films him ? And as for driving the wrong way, I see Thais do it routinely every day as they don't want to go the other way and u turn. And how many of them are driving with no license especially the 10 year old kids you see driving scooters...? Utter bs from the policeman I am sure.

• Like 2

Looking at the video...how it looks is that he took something off the bike and shoved it towards her face in an unpleasant manner, to the point where her head recoils, she reacts to this as you will see as she moves to the side of him and then he goes after her to slap her.

He is not fit to be a policeman, plain and simple.

I believe the police officer , he swiped the phone that she held in her hand close to her face so it looks like he slaps her in the face.

Anyway the Russians was driving in the wrong direction and no license so they can only blame themselves.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by balo
  • Like 2

What a great example for the Police to set

But, it reminded me of some CCTV shots of a Cop in Perth punching then Kicking a guy ( guilty of a Minor assault & kept his job)

A cop in USA on Transit knocked the guy down then Shot him. At least he was convicted.

Unfortunately a Uniform Does NOT make you a Police Officer. Once you cross the Line like this video appears to show you are NOT a Cop , just a Thug wearing a Uniform

I'm proud of my Badge . This guy has Tarnished his

coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Im actually not 100% sure he actually contacted her, if ya look at the vid closely her head moved but not as a slap would have made it move, that's just my thoughts

Whether he made contact with her or not is immaterial.

An attempt with intent to make contact is plainly visible.

From my read, the cop was just trying to make sure they pay the fines for going the wrong way and for not having a license.

If the money would have come out of the Russian's pockets or purse, there would have been no escalation of events.

Definitely slapped her before walking off but his commanders will find it differently after all he wasn't hitting a dog, only a farang.

Wish I could fortell the future. It would come in handy planning my investments.

Im actually not 100% sure he actually contacted her, if ya look at the vid closely her head moved but not as a slap would have made it move, that's just my thoughts

You don't have to make contact for the offence of assault to be complete.

A person who strikes, touches, or moves, or otherwise applies force of any kind to, the person of another, either directly or indirectly, without the other person's consent, or with the other person's consent if the consent is obtained by fraud, or who by any bodily act or gesture attempts or threatens to apply force of any kind to the person of another without the other person's consent, under such circumstances that the person making the attempt or threat has actually or apparently a present ability to effect the person's purpose, is said to assault that other person, and the act is called an assault.

What a great example for the Police to set

But, it reminded me of some CCTV shots of a Cop in Perth punching then Kicking a guy ( guilty of a Minor assault & kept his job)

A cop in USA on Transit knocked the guy down then Shot him. At least he was convicted.

Unfortunately a Uniform Does NOT make you a Police Officer. Once you cross the Line like this video appears to show you are NOT a Cop , just a Thug wearing a Uniform

I'm proud of my Badge . This guy has Tarnished his

coffee1.gif

"A cop in USA on Transit knocked the guy down then Shot him. At least he was convicted".

If you are refering to the Bay Area Rapid Transit Police Officer, (San Francisco), there was quite a bit more to this story and the sad sequence of events that led to the unjustified shooting/killing of a suspect. A slap, which seems to be the case in this incident, is only related in that they were both video recorded.

My oath stated that I was to protect and to serve the public, as well as uphold the laws of my state and the USA. When a law enforcement officer violates those tenants and the laws, they place themselves into the realm of unlawfulness.

"Badge Heavy" police exist everywhere I would imagine. It takes but one officer to cross the line to tarnish the image and badge of the entire force.

I reserve my judgment until the jury is out on this one. If he is found guilty, then perhaps he needs to find another vocation.

Pax Nobiscum and wear a helmet.

I bet it will soon become a crime punishable by 15 years in prison to video a policeman in the derelicttion of his duties, or to publish such videos. In the meantime, keep the cameras rolling.....

Edited by eddie61

Are we forgetting TIT, like any other motor cycle incident in Pattaya a witness will come forward in a few days claiming the Ferang was at fault, never the less he did swing at her but looks like he missed. On the other side of the coin these people got to understand there are laws in Thailand and they must abide by them, typical of some people taking advantage if everything was in order the cop would have waived them on there way.