Why Do You Post On Thai Visa Forum?

Costas2008

First, I would like to give you my reasons.

1. Living in a small village, in the middle of rural Isaan, I scarcely have the opportunity to meet other English speaking people.

So, by posting on TVF, gives me the feeling, that I am communicating with a large audience, not only in Thailand but all over the world.

I can freely express my opinion in various subjects……don’t we know it all…..and also crack a joke…..sometimes good……sometimes of bad taste.

Still a “newbie” but I am getting there.

1. I have too much spare time in my hands.

As my wife is a nurse (Always planned ahead in my life), and she works shifts, 8 or 16 hours during the day and sometimes the night shift, gives me lots of idle time.

You could suggest……read a book……listen to some music….watch a film…..get a life, and you would be right……but this is a subject to be discussed later.

1. To improve my English skills.

As my mother language is not English, gives me the opportunity to improve my writing skills and knowledge of the English language.

They say……that it’s never late to learn.

Many times before, I have been corrected by moderators or other posters and I am grateful for that.

Keep up the good job people.

I have shown you mine……so, please, show me yours now.

Reasons…..I mean.

Edited by Costas2008
Please do not post using all caps. Topic title edited to remove all caps.
  • Like 2

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chiang mai, on 04 Jan 2014 - 13:09, said:

I use TV forum as a means of R & R from my work with the SAS/Special Forces/et al, it helps heightens tension and increases my blood pressure in the event I should be called into action at a moments notice.

We can't all be as clever and active like you, my friend!

krisb, on 04 Jan 2014 - 13:25, said:

Costas, there's lots here using this forum in the same way as you. It's a great way to meet some great mates.

What part of Issan are you in if you don't mind me asking?

I live in a village 5 km from Ban Pai and 50 km from Khon Kaen.

Been here for 6 years.

Costas, there's lots here using this forum in the same way as you. It's a great way to meet some great mates.

Been here for 6 years.

There's so many villages out there. Our place is near Chumphae and See Chompu but we are based in Australia. Maybe next time I'm in the area we can have some food and a beer. :)

One can actually get a chance on various forums (fora?) other than this one to help someone out.

That said, I have the most fun when someone responds (to the effect) that you are the dumbest thing that ever walked on the planet and that Thai girl of yours is going to clean you out & leave you without a pot to p-ss in.

krisb, on 04 Jan 2014 - 13:37, said:
Costas2008, on 04 Jan 2014 - 13:16, said:

I use TV forum as a means of R & R from my work with the SAS/Special Forces/et al, it helps heightens tension and increases my blood pressure in the event I should be called into action at a moments notice.

We can't all be as clever and active like you, my friend!
Yep there's also people like that they try and be funny but just don't have it.

There's also those that try and lure you into a fight. These types usually try and bully and belittle you, making themselves feel inflated but really they are like earth worms and feed themselves on excrement or in Greek it's skutta. Don't allow their insecurities to bother you. Sadly the tuth is they struggle with life and always have.

Thank you very much for your good advice, krisb.

As I said before....I still feel a "newbie" on TVF.......still learning!

Very impressed with your knowledge of Greek!

One can actually get a chance on various forums (fora?) other than this one to help someone out.

That said, I have the most fun when someone responds (to the effect) that you are the dumbest thing that ever walked on the planet and that Thai girl of yours is going to clean you out & leave you without a pot to p-ss in.

Keep buying those insurance policies Crab. cheesy.gif

krisb, on 04 Jan 2014 - 13:40, said:
Costas2008, on 04 Jan 2014 - 13:36, said:

Been here for 6 years.

There's so many villages out there. Our place is near Chumphae and See Chompu but we are based in Australia. Maybe next time I'm in the area we can have some food and a beer. smile.png

I will be delighted.....please PM me your Email address or telephone number.

For many of the same reasons as the op.

I am also in a very small village with few expats or even English speakers in the area.

Even with my limited understanding of the Thai language, I know most Thais do not discuss much of any interest to me, mostly they gossip and talk about food, no world affairs, politics or science or social issues.

I find these things on TV.

TV is also a good way for me to learn about issues that are important to expats, like........visas!

Comment to the op...your English is very good, better than for some for who English is their first language.

• Like 1

Keep buying those insurance policies Crab. cheesy.gif

Chiangmai -- ThaiVisa gives me something to do in-between taking all the pills I need to stay vertical.

• Like 1

willyumiii, on 04 Jan 2014 - 13:55, said:

For many of the same reasons as the op.

I am also in a very small village with few expats or even English speakers in the area.

Even with my limited understanding of the Thai language, I know most Thais do not discuss much of any interest to me, mostly they gossip and talk about food, no world affairs, politics or science or social issues.

I find these things on TV.

TV is also a good way for me to learn about issues that are important to expats, like........visas!

Comment to the op...your English is very good, better than for some for who English is their first language.

Much appreciated, willyumiii.

You had better hide your lap top when the nurse comes around or you could end up in big trouble or even back in the straight jacket.

• Like 2

soi41, on 04 Jan 2014 - 15:57, said:

I have a copyright issue with this thread!!

Not too long ago I started a thread with exactly the same tittle!!

But since it is you Costas, I forgive you!biggrin.png

Sorry, soi41, before I posted that, I looked around TVF but couldn't find something similar.

But don't worry.....considering your posts......you are always No 1 for methumbsup.gif