The Amazing Secret Of Mosquito Coils

lampard10

These coils are wonderful things. Just one tiny problem. Getting the two apart. Usually they end up in pieces over the other side of the room. Anyone else have a problem with these. :o

hello lampard

cant help you with the coils but would like to tell you about my effort to combat the mosquitos.

i have a old pair of wellington boots (wellies) that i wear when pottering around the garden etc,

i noticed if i went to put the wellies on or just moved them i would see all theese mosquitos flying out so i started giving the wellies a very little squirt of insect spray,the results have amazed me sometimes ive killed up to 35 in one hit i think they must like the smell of my sweaty feet when its time for them to get their heads down ,i found that if i did not wear my wellies for a couple of days the results were not so good i put this down to the lingering insect spray,so nowadays i use the electric tennis bat you can buy for under 100baht,i just shake the wellies ( no problem if you are still feeling the effects of a hangover) they fly up and get BQ on the bat

Yeah, mosquito coils and condom boxes must be the two single most frustrating things to unpack. Oh, and then there's Sang Som bottles where the thread of the cap gets ruined and the thing just spins idle. I'd say these three things are the biggest source of aggravation to my life in Thailand.

Yeah, mosquito coils and condom boxes must be the two single most frustrating things to unpack. Oh, and then there's Sang Som bottles where the thread of the cap gets ruined and the thing just spins idle. I'd say these three things are the biggest source of aggravation to my life in Thailand.

mosquito coils, condom boxes, Sang Som bottle caps... life's a bitch! :o

mosquito coils, condom boxes, Sang Som bottle caps... life's a bitch! :D

Can I add gratingdaeng (Red Bull) bottles to the list?

They must be the worst design caps and never seem to open properly. :D

I never have a problem with emroiharsip or caraboudaeng... :o

1) Buy better booze ...

2) Buy larger boxes of condoms <quantity ... not implying size :o >

3) buy you mosquito coils from the tiny shops ... they buy in bulk and package in plastic bags ... (seperated and whole)

I, too, used to go through a whole box before coming up with 1 intact coil... but through much trial and error....

Sorry, it's a bit difficult to describe without sounding like neurosurgery, but... here goes:

I discovered that if you first gently press along the coils' loops to separate any direct bond between them... and then with 2 fingers from each hand grasp each coil's center and pull gently apart in opposite directions, the chances of breakage is reduced to almost zero.

With practice, I've become very proficient with this method...

As for Sang Som... a problem I also encounter is the

nearly-amputated-sliced off-finger-cut from the half-on, half-off metallic ring left after mangling the job to remove the top cover. Good thing I can usually remove the top and apply the antiseptic liquid inside to the severe laceration.

Life is tough here in the Kingdom but there are solutions. Sang Som doesn't need a cap if you make sure you empty the bottle. :D Let her take the condoms out of the box and she can also get the mosquito coils apart without breaking them into pieces. Works for me except the condom part. The doctor took care of the baby making problem years ago and I don't think I have to worry about catching anything from my wife. :o

These coils are wonderful things. Just one tiny problem. Getting the two apart. Usually they end up in pieces over the other side of the room. Anyone else have a problem with these. :o

You could always get mozzie screens fitted to your windows and doors. They're quite cheap, and you don't get that burning smell in the house. :D

> Can I add gratingdaeng (Red Bull) bottles to the list?

> They must be the worst design caps and never seem to open properly.

You're obviously not familiar yet with Brand's Essense of Chicken. :o Those are completely preposterous to open. You should get one, if not to drink then just for the challenge! :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

> Can I add gratingdaeng (Red Bull) bottles to the list?

> They must be the worst design caps and never seem to open properly.

You're obviously not familiar yet with Brand's Essense of Chicken. :D Those are completely preposterous to open. You should get one, if not to drink then just for the challenge! :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

Forgot about them mate... been there... done that... sent the postcard... :o

Mongrels of things aren't they?

:D

These coils are wonderful things. Just one tiny problem. Getting the two apart. Usually they end up in pieces over the other side of the room. Anyone else have a problem with these. :D

Yes!!!!!

When you try to separate the two coils they tend to break towards the centre and therefore you cannot fit them onto the metal stand supplied. However, they do fit nicely over the neck of a Chang bottle! :D

And Yes!! Except my bottle is Heinicken.

mosquito coils, condom boxes, Sang Som bottle caps... life's a bitch! :D

Can I add gratingdaeng (Red Bull) bottles to the list?

They must be the worst design caps and never seem to open properly. :D

I never have a problem with emroiharsip or caraboudaeng... :o

Also, pumpkin seed packages. The contents spill out eveywhere.

lampy - sri racha john is on the right track and it will take a little practice.

pushing the 2 middle tabs till you can grasp them with your fingers then gently pull them in opposite directions , it should become a helical shape then they should pop apart.

lampy - sri racha john is on the right track and it will take a little practice.

pushing the 2 middle tabs till you can grasp them with your fingers then gently pull them in opposite directions , it should become a helical shape then they should pop apart.

thanks ... and by the by, if anyone is interested in a pallet-load of bits and pieces of "trial and error" rejects, they'll get 'em very cheap.

:o

I tried the mozzie magnet once (but for flies), each time I leant across the table to get my beer the darn thing stuck to my arm. By the end of the night I looked like a christmas tree with all these green "pine needle" like things hanging off me. Try cleaning that stuff off your skin :o

> Also, pumpkin seed packages. The contents spill out eveywhere.

Ak...! Not to mention the pumpkin seeds themselves... Those must be among the most unrewarding things in nature to pry open.. You actually lose more calories opening them then you gain from eating them, so as such I guess they're a healthy snack.

Cheers,

Chanchao

And Yes!! Except my bottle is Heinicken.

No good I'm afraid. The Heini doesn't have the same graduated neck as the Chang bottle so is less flexible. You will have to change your beer or borrow bottles from your more discerning drinking companions. :o

Some Nokia phones have an anti mosquito sound, it works well!

Another thing I noticed that whenever I drink some whiskey I never get bitten.

Also spraying some deodarant on naked body part helps (for me).

Smelly feet however do attract them as well as komodo dragons/lizzards...

Alex

You guys are amateurs.....don't u know that mozzies hate the smell of beer,

therefore if u consume conmensurate amounts of the stinky Chang, sweat a liitle, spill a little, and have the breath of a brewery you should be OK. but this of course only works at home .....

> don't u know that mozzies hate the smell of beer,

> therefore if u consume conmensurate amounts of the

> stinky Chang, sweat a liitle, spill a little, and have the

> breath of a brewery you should be OK.

I tried that but it repelled more than just mozzies. :o

To improve your life you should consider to marry and sleep with your wife...just your wife. No need for a condom...

Your life will improve 50% out of 100% problems :o

LaoPo

Do not quote me on this one,but I heared an open jar of Marmite works wonders.

What a waste to give mozzies a precious jar of Marmite, it's hard enough to find as it is.

The best way to seperate mozzie coils is just give them to your GF they know how to do it with no fuss every time.