Do you preview your comments before posting?

simon43

And take notice of the spell checker 'Hiot' Simon?

Er yes indeed. That's not the only typo that I made smile.png

Speaking on Simon's behalf, he simply placed those errors in there to see if you were paying attention.

Well done class ... thumbsup.gif

And take notice of the spell checker 'Hiot' Simon?

Er yes indeed. That's not the only typo that I made smile.png

No it's not, therefore making the only thing that is utter garbage the fact that you created the thread in the first place. Why oh why do people continue to raise issues concerning grammar or spelling, and in this case additionally, the use of the preview function, when they cannot be bothered in the slightest to use it themselves? Clown.

GentlemanJim ... I'd thought you passed to a higher Forum.

Good to see you around in the General Forum.

I don’t write directly into the comment box on TV. I draft a response in TextEdit on my iMac and then take a good look at it before a quick copy/paste to TV.
Maybe it shouldn’t make a difference how badly one mangles the english language, but we nonetheless make judgements about people based on how they present themselves. Without visual clues online, we tend to put more emphasis on the way words and ideas are presented on the page.
Even when we try, mistakes can be made, but clearly many posters make no effort at all to consider the reader, which begs the question of whether the reader should bother to consider the posters ideas.

TextEdit works great. Also, reading the text aloud can help find intelligibility issues.

• Like 1

OP: Nope. This is a forum, not a publication or businesz. 'netticate style guide says to do ur best. ;-) As for rants, everyone needs to once in a while and how many Thai gf's and wives understand that. Can't we be supportive friends here?

Sent from my MyPhone A919 Duo using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

OP: Nope. This is a forum, not a publication or businesz. 'netticate style guide says to do ur best. ;-) As for rants, everyone needs to once in a while and how many Thai gf's and wives understand that. Can't we be supportive friends here? Sent from my MyPhone A919 Duo using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Wrong.

OP: Nope. This is a forum, not a publication or businesz. 'netticate style guide says to do ur best. ;-) As for rants, everyone needs to once in a while and how many Thai gf's and wives understand that. Can't we be supportive friends here? Sent from my MyPhone A919 Duo using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Wrong.

Wrong? Please explain. Maybe I read the 'nettiquite style guide and psychology books wrong.

^^ ... please come back and edit that post ... if for no other reason then for effect.

And, I do agree with JT, write first with instinct, then, if required, clean up the post for spelling edits, change of ideas, posters who have posted while you are posting, etc.

Wrong.

Wrong? Please explain. Maybe I read the 'nettiquite style guide and psychology books wrong.

You read nettiquite books ?

Crikey, your neck of the woods must be a hoot.

TV is a business....pure and simple and the coin rules at the end of the day.

yup. retired software developers in publishimg tend to read. You are saying you use TV for business transactions? I don't. I try to check my spelling and tend to have excellenr grammar. You have strong personal opinions of right and wrong. That is ok. Just ignore my posts and accept no one is as perfect as you may want them to be. Sorry.

Also, as for editing a spelling error, with Android keyboards it is a pain to get the cursor in the right place all the time. Sorry, but you just aren't always worth the effort to please. You want us to please your desires, so what's in it for us? :)

Edited by SailingHome

yup. retired software developers in publishimg tend to read. You are saying you use TV for business transactions? I don't. I try to check my spelling and tend to have excellenr grammar. You have strong personal opinions of right and wrong. That is ok. Just ignore my posts and accept no one is as perfect as you may want them to be. Sorry. Sent from my MyPhone A919 Duo using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Wow, for someone that reads a lot....you don't seem to get a lot.

I saw this recently ... maybe relevant in style to what the OP is referring to?

wall_of_text_1664.gif

Wall of Text

I have to say, I do simply skip over these as it's unreadable to me.

You wouldn't talk like that ... why write like that.

Some poeple talk like that...

When I'm posting from work the editor generally doesn't work too well - cleaning my cache improves things sometimes, but not always.

Anyway, one of the problems I sometimes have is that the new lines don't appear. Although sometimes if I go back and edit the post, they magically re-appear. So anyway, in some cases, it could be an accident.

I do find great walls of text off-putting, and generally skip them, but I view that as a good thing, because in my experience such walls are posted by people that I disagree with, and it saves me an argument.

Pigeonjake and Meatboy's spelling and grammar (or otherwise) I find a bit of a struggle, but they're both nice blokes with a good view on life and it's worth soldiering on to read the post; it's rarely ambiguous or difficult to understand. At least you can read their posts in bite-size digestible chunks

SC

• Like 2

i found the andrew drummond story about youre so called succesfull life in Thailand very entertaining

I take the rough with the smooth ... smile.png

Lyric police alert: You have misused Billy Bragg's lyrics from Don't Walk Away Renee.

It should be, you have to take the crunchy with the smooth

I wish to file a complaint.

Anyway I forgive you since even Billy had some mixups....

I said, "I'm the most illegible bachelor in town."

And she said, "Yea, that's why I can never understand

Any of those silly letters you send me."