House projects with your own house design

maanoi

Most of the older / established ones do.

And many of the new ones too; ask if you can just buy a plot of land. Then you can build whatever you like.

Ban Wang Tan is also an interesting one, as there are many larger plots, and the place seems to be getting more and more popular.

BanWangtan in Hang Dong. You buy a plot if land and build a house to your own design. I would recommend looking at plots furthest away from the main gate as this area has very little if any noise from passing air traffic. I've been living there for a few years now and it's a very nice place to live.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

BanWangtan in Hang Dong. You buy a plot if land and build a house to your own design. I would recommend looking at plots furthest away from the main gate as this area has very little if any noise from passing air traffic. I've been living there for a few years now and it's a very nice place to live. Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Have they sorted out the roaming packs of dogs problem there yet? I lived there a few years ago - near the back gate - couldn't walk down some of the sois for packs of the buggers - very aggressive at night too.

Doesn't seem to be an issue now. A few small seemingly non aggressive dogs near the front gate, but I've not had a problem during the time I've lived there. Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yeah that's good to hear - I did hear a while back that they were doing a clean up and getting rid of strays - must have happened then I guess.

Doesn't seem to be an issue now. A few small seemingly non aggressive dogs near the front gate, but I've not had a problem during the time I've lived there. Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yeah that's good to hear - I did hear a while back that they were doing a clean up and getting rid of strays - must have happened then I guess.

Never been a problem with strays just home owners/renters who let their dogs run free, or keep them locked up in cages all day and then they go ballistic when let out.

We had one falang here who had 6 dogs and his soi was a no go area,he has since gone.

Young pups regularly get dumped on the road leading into the village but some kind souls try to find homes for them.

I went once to the restaurant,,, in the field on the left before going in I counted atleast 30 dogs all in a field , appeared they were living in the woods just on the toher side of the clearing ...

That's the dumped dogs in my previous post.Some people feed them and some have even been been poisoned.Down to about 10 now but they still keep coming. There is a klong through the vegetation so they have water but no shelter. Sad situation but fairly typical of the situation with unwanted pets in this country.