Racing in Thailand

bazmlb

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi ! I am bulding a toyota corolla dx for the nitto3k racing series and now is it time for the rollbar .what is minimum tube size for rollbars can not find anything on internet or should I just follow the FIA regulations. Where can I find a shop that can make the mainhoop and the A-pillars and screenbar by drawing, I'am living on samui and no shops here ,I will do the fitting and welding.I don't want to buy a tubebender for just to make this

Jees. Talk about a project when you are living in the industrial heartland of Thailand!

Supercar series has a rules and regulations book outlining vehicle build specs (including cage specs), does the Nitto 3K series not have the same ?

Supercar series was cancelled last year I thought, the main sponsor pulled out.

We are talking to Nitto right now and will then be calling GPI about Pro car.

Also will ask OMP about their new series.

Hi ! I am bulding a toyota corolla dx for the nitto3k racing series and now is it time for the rollbar .what is minimum tube size for rollbars can not find anything on internet or should I just follow the FIA regulations. Where can I find a shop that can make the mainhoop and the A-pillars and screenbar by drawing, I'am living on samui and no shops here ,I will do the fitting and welding.I don't want to buy a tubebender for just to make this

hi fellow corolla lover! I also have a 1982 ke~70 DX Corolla

would you care to share a photo of her?

Whats the specs? engine/drive line etc?

OP, your first quest is to search for your chosen engines weaknesses. It will be working at it's RPM/TQ ceiling for extended periods of which many were not designed for. Sure you know that any motor sport is a bottomless money pit with many tears on the way. I have been there in a fun capacity w00t.gif ................smile.png

OP, your first quest is to search for your chosen engines weaknesses. It will be working at it's RPM/TQ ceiling for extended periods of which many were not designed for. Sure you know that any motor sport is a bottomless money pit with many tears on the way. I have been there in a fun capacity w00t.gif ................smile.png

The cars with SR20's now do quite well, they are however turbo, which a lot have problems with in the wet in getting the power down once boost kicks in, it will stay in its current condition to feel out how things are and then go from there.

• Like 1

The cars with SR20's now do quite well, they are however turbo, which a lot have problems with in the wet in getting the power down once boost kicks in, it will stay in its current condition to feel out how things are and then go from there.

Without a lung you will be at the back of the field.

But once the car is ready out comes the SR20 and in goes the M70

post-4090-0-74018100-1389366922_thumb.jp

But once the car is ready out comes the SR20 and in goes the M70

The M70 would be quite a bit heavier?

280kg vs 139kg.

Yes the M60 is lighter at 210kg, but its a 90 degree v8 as opposed to a 60 degree v12, the M70 nearly drops straight in without messing with stuff too much.

Probably feel like driving this around with no turbo

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-4090-13893770380557_thumb.jpg

280kg vs 139kg.

Yes the M60 is lighter at 210kg, but its a 90 degree v8 as opposed to a 60 degree v12, the M70 nearly drops straight in without messing with stuff too much.

I had an early Z4 with an M62 fitted. The same should fit an E30. Are you really sure you're making the right choice?post-66452-0-48460300-1389427596_thumb.j

280kg vs 139kg.

I had an early Z4 with an M62 fitted. The same should fit an E30. Are you really sure you're making the right choice?attachicon.gifZ3 1401.JPG

Brain fade!

It was a 1996 Z3

280kg vs 139kg.

I had an early Z4 with an M62 fitted. The same should fit an E30. Are you really sure you're making the right choice?attachicon.gifZ3 1401.JPG

Will do some laps with what it has and see, maybe the M/S50 block is the way to go as its a lot lighter at around 130kg

Do you need a roll cage for the drift events ? & do you know if you need the racing license to enter in the gymkhana events ? I know you don't need a roll cage to go to Bira circuit in your street car on any day if you want to go practice.

Would like to know because nearly finished getting my 1982 KE70 Toyota Corolla ready for some fun. Cheers.

Couple of photos of her...

post-146097-13896850829637_thumb.jpgpost-146097-13896851294247_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

Do you need a roll cage for the drift events ? & do you know if you need the racing license to enter in the gymkhana events ? I know you don't need a roll cage to go to Bira circuit in your street car on any day if you want to go practice. Would like to know because nearly finished getting my 1982 KE70 Toyota Corolla ready for some fun. Cheers. Couple of photos of her... attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1389685081.192524.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1389685127.274677.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Gymkhana discussion continues here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/696627-gymkhana-trial-4-bangkok/