Yingluck asks Suthep to help settle crisis

webfact

There is no need for vulgarity. Please stay on topic and stop with the toilet references. She is still the PM. And in any case, she appears to be holding out an olive branch. Why are you so keen on seeing chaos?

Holding out an olive branch, by let 5 Members of the Shinawatra be elected, 3 at the first 5 positions.

And charge Suthep with "revolt" charges on which there is the dead penalty?

suthep is threatening to bring Bangkok to a standstill, threatened the PM and her family, organised blockading of candidate registration centres in an attempt to prevent a Royally decreed Election from taking place, and wants to overthrow the legally elected government and replace it with a "peoples council".

If the caretaker government can be accused of overthrowing "the democratic regime of government with the King as Head of State under this Constitution or to acquire the power to rule the country by any means which is not in accordance with the modes provided in this Constitution" just for attempting to amend the constitution..................

....................I'm pretty dam_n sure suthep can be charged with Insurrection.

Yes he want to re-establish democracy and kick out that clan that illegally tried to grab power.

But I wouldn't call that insurrection. Maybe freedom fighter?

How did they illegally try to grab power? - all these sound bites but nothing of substance, quite typical of a few posts. I won't expect an answer because you don't have one.

• Like 1

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And once more on TV we have two groups, each of which have picked a side and are sticking to it and ignoring criticisms of their team. Not one single criticism from the punters about the rice pledging scheme. Not one single criticism of Suthep and his fascist reform policy.

What a joke!

This isn't rugby. This is people's lives and future. Or are you so arrogant as to think that these good people should suffer so your posts are 'proven' correct, and you get the last word in? It is not going to happen. Ever. This is no simple problem that can be solved with addition. It's more like calculus, and the simplest differential is a fairly difficult problem.

No wonder the Thais think farang are crazy.

We are.

blink.png

There is, of course, a third group. This is the 'Why Oh Why Oh Why' Party.

suthep is threatening to bring Bangkok to a standstill, threatened the PM and her family, organised blockading of candidate registration centres in an attempt to prevent a Royally decreed Election from taking place, and wants to overthrow the legally elected government and replace it with a "peoples council".

If the caretaker government can be accused of overthrowing "the democratic regime of government with the King as Head of State under this Constitution or to acquire the power to rule the country by any means which is not in accordance with the modes provided in this Constitution" just for attempting to amend the constitution..................

....................I'm pretty dam_n sure suthep can be charged with Insurrection.

are we still on the topic of caretaking PM Yingluck asking Suthep to help settle the crisis?

Are you? Or some other motive in mind?

Well some may say that locking up Suthep might solve the crisis, but caretaking PM Yingluck wants to talk and ask k. Suthep to help. somehow that seems to conflict with pushing for his arrest rolleyes.gif

BTW the wiki page on rebellion has an interesting note added, yesterday that is. I wonder who would write

"In November 2013 and continuing through into 2014 is the rebellion in Thailand against what is called a proxy government serving the interests of ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra. As of January 8, 2014 the mass movement, largely supported by the kingdom's Democrat Party, southern region activists and anti-Red Shirt groups were still warning that the central part of Bangkok would be shut down until the Thai prime minister resigns and leaves the country."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebellion

• Like 1

Nice pic above of YL.....

But.....Suthep has offered her an Olive branch many times.....all she has to do is resign...along with the rest in the Shinawatra clan in politics.....it's not hard....

Yes indeed.For some reason she persists in thinking that the confidence of the Thai people as expressed in the last election gives her some kind of mandate.

Still there is some evidence the strain is also getting to Suthep.

"The confidence of the Thai people" ?

come on, jayboy, you can do better than this

Yingluck has offered already so many opportunities to Suthep (and the Dems) to dialogue.

Each and everyone of these offers has been immediately rejected by her opponents.

And after so many attempts she is still offering more opportunities to reach a solution together... while Suthep and his thugs continue to make Thailand fall into chaos.

Wow rolleyes.gif

She really should be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize !!!

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

All she needed to do to diffuse the situation was to delay the election until some time in May 2014 and neither Democrats nor Suthep would have any more reasons to protest. But no, the man from Dubai who is running the puppet show via social networks and big LED/LCD screens wanted to aggravate the matter further so we are once again on the brink of the civil war. All blood is on UDD/PTP/Shinawatra's hands.

There was a gentleman agreement in 2010. The amnesty bill was not supposed to b put before the parliament. But hey, do red shirts know the meaning of the word gentleman?

As for comment about the Nobel Peace Prize. cheesy.gif Thanks for laughs. However, it's high time you went back under the bridge mate. Stay there for good.

Delay elections is not allowed by the constitution.

Dialogue and find a way out of the crisis, however, is for sure not against the constitution.

The fact that Suthep and the Dems systematically refuse the dialogue shows that they only want power, are not willing to stand back, and intent to get that power by any means, be it constitutional or not, criminal or not.

In the long run everyone will have to recognize that Yingluck has been the voice of reason all along... Praise on her.

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 2

Yingluck has offered already so many opportunities to Suthep (and the Dems) to dialogue.

Each and everyone of these offers has been immediately rejected by her opponents.

And after so many attempts she is still offering more opportunities to reach a solution together... while Suthep and his thugs continue to make Thailand fall into chaos.

Wow rolleyes.gif

All she needed to do to diffuse the situation was to delay the election until some time in May 2014 and neither Democrats nor Suthep would have any more reasons to protest. But no, the man from Dubai who is running the puppet show via social networks and big LED/LCD screens wanted to aggravate the matter further so we are once again on the brink of the civil war. All blood is on UDD/PTP/Shinawatra's hands.

There was a gentleman agreement in 2010. The amnesty bill was not supposed to b put before the parliament. But hey, do red shirts know the meaning of the word gentleman?

As for comment about the Nobel Peace Prize. cheesy.gif Thanks for laughs. However, it's high time you went back under the bridge mate. Stay there for good.

Dialogue and find a way out of the crisis, however, is for sure not against the constitution.

The fact that Suthep and the Dems systematically refuse the dialogue shows that they only want power, are not willing to stand back, and intent to get that power by any means, be it constitutional or not, criminal or not.

In the long run everyone will have to recognize that Yingluck has been the voice of reason all along... Praise on her.

Last month Suthep held a dialogue which every organization except the government attended.

Now desperation sets in as it is clear that he gets massive support for his Bangkok shutdown. When government workers unions openly support anti-government protests then there is a clear sign that this governments time is up.

Edited by JesseFrank
  • Like 1

Wow rolleyes.gif

"Yingluck has been the voice of reason all along"

When the details of the "blanket amnesty bill" became known the first protests started. PM Yingluck started with saying "stay cool, go home, still a long process to follow". Then two reading and two votes in hardly more than 24 hours. "please stay calm go home, more process to follow". Voice of Reason "it's up to the senate, please go home". Well, without protests the senate might correctly assume 'no one against, so OK".

This caretaking PM's voice is one reason we've got this mess.

But the main reason is that Suthep and the Dems want the power they can't get with a democratic system.

Overthrow an elected government is criminal.

At the end there will be an amnesty for sure.

The difference between Yingluck and Suthep is that Yingluck does everything possible to avoid a bloodshed and make dialogue happen, while Suthep works hard to have the contrary happen.

Yingluck is the only voice of peace in this hate game.

But.....Suthep has offered her an Olive branch many times.....all she has to do is resign...along with the rest in the Shinawatra clan in politics.....it's not hard....

Yes indeed.For some reason she persists in thinking that the confidence of the Thai people as expressed in the last election gives her some kind of mandate.

Still there is some evidence the strain is also getting to Suthep.

"The confidence of the Thai people" ?

come on, jayboy, you can do better than this

I'm not straining for rhetorical heights here nor looking to score debating points,simply stating a fact.As potential Prime Minister her party won an easy victory at the last general election.The old guard, Abhisit, Suthep etc know that the Thai people would still show enough confidence in her to give her another election victory should a contest be held now.That is why they are resorting to their current tactics, hoping (Plan A) to provoke violence thus enabing a military intervention or - more likely - (Plan B) judicial intervention in a drawn out slow motion death by a thousand cuts.The joke is that even if their plans result in this government falling, they still will not be able to squeeze the toothpaste back in the tube.

When I speak of the THai people I do of course mean all the THai people not just the "good very educate" people.Perhaps that distinction is what confused you.

• Like 1

Yingluck will soon be Shittoutaluck.

The Shinawatra family want total power and could care less how they get it or keep it. They have brainwashed the poor that they will be rich if they behave like good followers. Very sad for Thailand!

• Like 1

Once again, looking for the toilet when the crap is already coming out.

You talk about resolving conflicts while your government is inflaming the situation by making all sorts of threats. You say you want to 'reform' while your family is making things worse by actually adding another Shinawatra to the election roster. You should have resolved this long ago and distanced yourself from your criminal brother. Feeling all generous and conciliatory now that a coup is imminent? You should have found that toilet and toilet paper long ago.

There is no need for vulgarity. Please stay on topic and stop with the toilet references. She is still the PM. And in any case, she appears to be holding out an olive branch. Why are you so keen on seeing chaos?

She is still the PM.

Not for long, she is going out with the toiletwather.whistling.gif

The PM makes a request for dialogue and discussion before the situation gets worse, is trying to calm the situation and invites cooperation and dialogue to diffuse the bomb that could seriously damage the country and the nutters on here ridicule her for her commonsense, statesmanship and concern for what can happen.

Difficult to credit that there are expat fools on here who seem to want more bloodshed.

Why all the hyperbole?

Peaceful protests expected at 7 locations in Bangkok on Monday.

Public and government officials given plenty of notice.

Planning for it can't really be that complicated can it?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Too little, too late . . . again . . .

I believe that, from the beginning, and throughout this BS, it has been Yingluck open for discussions, while Suthep has done nothing but bark like a junk yard dog ...

it has been Yingluck open for discussions,

What discussions, give us more time?

The PM makes a request for dialogue and discussion before the situation gets worse, is trying to calm the situation and invites cooperation and dialogue to diffuse the bomb that could seriously damage the country and the nutters on here ridicule her for her commonsense, statesmanship and concern for what can happen.

Difficult to credit that there are expat fools on here who seem to want more bloodshed.

The PM with her cabinet and Pheu Thai MPs sneakily modified an amnesty bill into a 'blanket amnesty bill' and pushed it through two readings and two votes in hardly more than 24 hours. The PM tried to suggest "please stay calm, more process to follow, go home". If all had gone home the senate without hearing protests would probably have voted OK.

So, tell me again, how helpful was / is the caretaking PM ?

Irrelevant to the point and you know it.

What's Dutch for " Red Herring....." and i think i used to know the origin of that expression.

Wow rolleyes.gif

You can´t be serious you must be trolling? If not you must be in love "with that woman", poor you.

Just a few days ago she said "we don´t want power we want peace", maybe she meant "we want power not peace".

IMO If Yingluck (or Suthep) was serious about real negotiations now, they would endorse the reform process recently proposed by TDRI President, Dr. Somkiat Tangkitvanich, in his paper on "How Thailand can restore trust and avoid twin crises", a proposal which has so far met with a cool reception by both sides unfortunately. <www.tdri.or.th>

Edited by GazR
  • Like 1

Wow rolleyes.gif

You can´t be serious you must be trolling? If not you must be in love "with that woman", poor you.

Serious or not, it would be difficult to deny that Yingluck constantly offers opportunities for dialogue...

Suthep may not hear it because he is barking too loud at all times :lol:

Edited by gerry1011
  • Like 2

I think she's playing her hand rather well. She and we know she's attractive, so why not showcase that factor? She dresses up smartly, goes for a photo up. Expect the same tomorrow.

As for governing, I'm sorry to say she's out of her league. Her administration did essentially nothing to assist the Thai people when there weren't protests - and they're doing even less now. At least now they have the excuse that there are debilitating protests.

The saddest part is, either Thai voters can't see how crappy PT is, or they prefer the PT crap sandwich to whatever the Dems can offer - and will likely vote in the Shinawatres again. .....and Thailand's suffering will continue.

Wow rolleyes.gif

Serious or not, it would be difficult to deny that Yingluck constantly offers opportunities for dialogue...

Suthep may not hear it because he is barking to loud at all times :lol:

I thought she'd run away to Isaan cos there ain't no love in the heart of the city.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just a few days ago she said "we don´t want power we want peace", maybe she meant "we want power not peace".

Well, I believe she does want peace. There is nothing about her that suggests otherwise. I believe she has a key role to play in any reconciliation. People seem to have a genuine fondness for her ( regardless of any misdeeds of her brother). I doubt very much that she wants to be PM for long after the election. Perhaps some of the more liberal members of the Democrats would want to join her in a reconciliation govt? Many of the dems are furious with current events....perhaps a credible figure like Korn could come in as DPM after feb2?