Desirable Men

gisele

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Gisele! Yes, I agree with you totally on JFK Jr.

Sexy Thai politicians? Cute yes, Abhisit is def a good looking guy. But sexy? no.

For me, I don't think power or position really has much influence on what I find desirable or not. For example, Bono is certainly a powerful man but that isn't what I find attractive or desirable about him. It is his personality, appearance (esp as a younger man) and his incredible passion and compassion.

Power for the sake of it doesn't turn my crank at all.

Isn`t one of the primary requirements for the most desireable man ,a man who thinks you are the most desirable woman he has ever met . Adoration goes a long way in a realtionship.

Isn`t one of the primary requirements for the most desireable man ,a man who thinks you are the most desirable woman he has ever met . Adoration goes a long way in a realtionship.

Well kind of depends on the guy. If he's desirable in the first place, then if he likes you back, that's a bonus. :D

But if you don't fancy him to begin with, the fact that he likes you makes zero difference to his desirability. In fact, it probably makes it exceedingly uncomfortable to talk to him.

Doting and adoration alone don't go too far with women, I'm afraid. Unlike men, our egos are not so easily flattered :o

Isn`t one of the primary requirements for the most desireable man ,a man who thinks you are the most desirable woman he has ever met .

Alas, neither Keanu nor the Boss nor any other of the favorites mentioned have had the good fortune to meet me.......... :D:o

But you're right in the sense that, when talking about men we don't actually know, an ingrediant in the appeal is the general sense one gets of how they feel about women. A sense that a man really likes and is into women as people, is a turn-on.

I think he is talking about a more personal interaction than that. It reminded me of waaay back when I was single and dating. There was a guy (a friend of a friend) who was openly interested and pursued me quite seriously. Unfortunately for him he wasn't my type and just the fact of his interest wasn't enough to sway me.

As they say, "I just wasn't that into him" :D

So, as you can see rcalsop, being the object of someone else's desire isn't necessarily a precursor to interest or desire being returned.

Anyway, I haven't met any of the eye candy mentioned either so I couldn't really say what they would think. Probably not much as most of these guys are either married or in a serious relationship :o

Yeah, one wants to be desired only by someone one finds desirable. In fact there are some people -- both men and women -- who are only attracted to people who aren't interested in them. But that's another story, perhaps another thread.

I'm not one of those, but I don't lke it when a man seems to find me attractive too quickly (i.e. befiore he knows me or much about me) -- because it is obviously then based solely on looks (or desperation!) and suggests superficiality (or desperation) on his part.

Granted, we're having a field day on this thread making equally superficial judgements about famous men....but we're just playing!

• 3 weeks later...

Ditto!

I never knew he put in his own $$ to complete Matrix....everything I learn about the guy raises my estimation of him. Since -- totally aside from containing Keaneau in it --- I consider the Matrix Trilogy a truly brilliant, profound piece of work. While watching it I kept wondering how much the actord understood of the deeper meaning and symbolism being employed. Well, now I know that K. at least understood it all...enough to invest millions to bring it to its brilliant conclusion.

Actually from my point of view, if he's not a good actor that's all the better because then the persona we see is actually HIM...and it ROCKS!!!!

Human nature to want to put down what seems too good to be true.

Keanu is cool!

Years ago, I had a boyfriend who couldn't help but find fault in others and loved to say things like stuff about Richard Geere and hamsters.

People who love to put down others like that just don't measure up to the image these actors project so they find satisfaction in shattering these images. Keanu was a favourite target of my ex.

Keanu is cool!

Years ago, I had a boyfriend who couldn't help but find fault in others and loved to say things like stuff about Richard Geere and hamsters.

People who love to put down others like that just don't measure up to the image these actors project so they find satisfaction in shattering these images. Keanu was a favourite target of my ex.

OKAY I give in Richard Geere and Hamsters ???? I must have been on my astronaut training when that one hit ...I googled it and it confirmed what I knew Richard Geere is an actor with an alternative life style, an a hamster is a rodent small furry and has cheek pouches . But in combination I am lost , live chickens and O Osbourne okay ..Mike jagger /Marian faithfull and MARS BARS know about it tried it okay .members of the ( our UK ) royal family and statues know about it ....I am now feeling incomplete .....educate me about RG and hamsters it is a quiet Friday afternoon and I have think time so this is driving me crazy !!!!

Edited by rcalsop

Keanu is cool!

OKAY I give in Richard Geere and Hamsters ???? I must have been on my astronaut training when that one hit ...I googled it and it confirmed what I knew Richard Geere is an actor with an alternative life style, an a hamster is a rodent small furry and has cheek pouches . But in combination I am lost , live chickens and O Osbourne okay ..Mike jagger /Marian faithfull and MARS BARS know about it tried it okay .members of the ( our UK ) royal family and statues know about it ....I am now feeling incomplete .....educate me about RG and hamsters it is a quiet Friday afternoon and I have think time so this is driving me crazy !!!!

well that's just it, the Richard Geere thing was so totally sick and weird and not true, but my ex loved to talk about it. I thought Geere was sexy and my ex enjoyed shattering the nice image I had. (something about having to go the hospital to have the hamster extricated, enough said)

I would always say the story made no sense but my ex was so persistent and adamant,

he had similar stories disparaging Keanu, all in all, the objective was to make me believe Keanu was gay, wouldn't matter anyway, gay or not, he is eye candy no matter what.

Gerbils, Gisele, it was gerbils. Hence the term "gerbiling" :o

Anyway, insecure people make themselves feel better by making others feel bad or look bad. simple as that.

True enough, but there does seem to be some special dynamic going on with some guys regarding Keanu evoking an above-average need to disparage.

I think it is maybe to do with the very characteristics that make him so attractive and likeable to women (and also to a discerning subset of men) being an affront to those with a more macho concept of manhood.

I do wish no one had mentioned this Richeard gere hamster/gerbil bit, though. I don't go for Gere (comes across way to stuck up on himself) but I am an animal lover.....AAAAGH

I understand he is an animal lover too. It is pure urban myth designed to make him look bad. Actually, Richard Gere is a Buddhist and has been for many years (long before it became fashionable) so I doubt he'd be doing THAT with a gerbil.

Anyway, I think guys tend to disparage famous handsome guys in the same way us girls do the famous gorgeous girls. Of course, with alot of those famous gorgeous girls it is easier since half of what they have is fake anyway :o

Gerbils, Gisele, it was gerbils. Hence the term "gerbiling" :D

Anyway, insecure people make themselves feel better by making others feel bad or look bad. simple as that.

I always thought this was too crazy to be true, I can't believe it :D

I have been enlightened :o

More than half in many cases. i.e.:

lip enhancement

fake boobs

eye job in many cases (esp Asians)

nose job

and that's only from the neck up....

BTW Keaneau is also a Buddhist, but being so private not as many people know this. I am not sure which school/tradition of Buddhism tho.

True enough, but there does seem to be some special dynamic going on with some guys regarding Keanu evoking an above-average need to disparage.

I think it is maybe to do with the very characteristics that make him so attractive and likeable to women (and also to a discerning subset of men) being an affront to those with a more macho concept of manhood.

I do wish no one had mentioned this Richeard gere hamster/gerbil bit, though. I don't go for Gere (comes across way to stuck up on himself) but I am an animal lover.....AAAAGH

I do not believe that is true.... is it possible to be stuck up on himself and take part in Gerbilling ( is that a verb ??..if it is possible to be stuck up on ones self is this the proactive measure to reduce STd`s .

In french I believe self respect is amour propre ...is this amour impropre ? :o:D:D

I realise this has moved off topic but has become more interesting and gripping than any other posting ..rarely have I learnt so much and discovered another world existed even more depraved than I thought knew ...

Thanks it is great ,,,,I urge you all to google and explore Gerbilling and all the other sites in particular rectal foreign bodies ....it is a better read than any thing about the holy grail ( perhaps thats where it was hidden ) bye for now I am going back to the site ...

Just paid a vist to this site with the interesting title'What o women want in a man`'

Most of the men, boys, guys I know are not into rodents so really girls you have a completly different set of values that you require.

However ,Goldfish now there's a different stroy....................... :o

• 4 weeks later...