Minister Charupong fears Bangkok Shutdown may lead to a coup

Lite Beer

Minister Charupong fears Bangkok Shutdown may lead to a coup

215370-imagejpeg-329627-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Interior Minister Charupong Ruangsuwan said Sunday that he was very concerned with the protesters’ plan to shut down Bangkok on Monday fearing that the situation may lead to a coup.

A war room has been set up to closely follow the developments of the situation, he said but declined to elaborate the plan.

Regarding the Election Commission’s recent proposal to caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra that the February 2 election should be put off for a certain period of time, he said that the cabinet was ready to consider the proposal providing that it is reasonable and has legal basis.

“The EC must be able to explain which law that can be used to justify the postponement and how important it is that the election must be put off because the February 2 election is yet to take place and there is no Act of God incident which will require the election to be postponed,” he added.

Mr Charupong further noted that there is no guarantee that putting off the election would help ease the conflict but would set a bad precedent for future elections to be postponed.

The interior minister said he didn’t want to view the EC in a negative light for making such a proposal but had sympathy for it for bearing a heavy burden at a difficult time.

While there is no response yet from the government to the EC’s proposal, Mr Charupong believes that the EC will continue to do its job and seek cooperation from all parties concerned to ensure that the election can be held on schedule.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/minister-charupong-fears-bangkok-shutdown-may-lead-coup/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=minister-charupong-fears-bangkok-shutdown-may-lead-coup

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-12

• Like 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Govt establishes war room to monitor mass rallies on 13 Jan

BANGKOK, 12 January 2014 (NNT) - The government has set up a command center to observe anti-government mass rallies in Bangkok on 13 January and assured the people that it will not leave the capital city.

Interior Minister Charuphong Ruangsuwan said on Sunday that the government was preparing for the rallies and discussing what needed to be done. The official added that the command center at a secret location would keep a close watch on the protests and confirmed all communications of the government would function.

According to the minister, Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has assigned relevant officials to collaborate in developing measures to deal with the protests this Monday.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-01-12 footer_n.gif

I also have miss giving's on the BKK shutdown, however this doesn't include a coup, Charupong needs to get a life , just another scare mongering babble that has no substance, you should realize by now Charupong that the people of Thailand are tired of listening to untruths, no-truths and just plain bull!!it from the PTP. bah.gif

• Like 1

How many war rooms do they have? How much are they spending on each war room? Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Oh, they are every-where , including Dubai

Dubai is the main war room....lavish with gold taps & toilet bowls for King Taksin Al Shin.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

I wonder if the administration in Dubai is in any way worried as another coup could mean the Shin clan landing in force.

Of course he is worried, as coup means no PTP controlled government within 180 days after the amnesty bill was sent for Royal approval.

I was actually meaning the Dubai government.

This remarkably tone-deaf administration actually has many plans that they will not disclose. But one can be rest assured that all of them reflect that they have absolutely no idea what they're doing or how they will proceed. The EC are providing the administration a way out of the crisis. But they can't see it, because they are frantically adjusting their frequencies to make sure their sykpe connection comes out crystal clear. This is what happens when people - who are naturally endowed to think - feel restrained from doing so until a man in a hotel suite in Dubai thinks for them. The problem is, that particular source of thought has a disastrous track record. But if the Pheu Thai administration ever deigns to come back to Earth, they may consider what the EC is suggesting. If the EC has the authority - and the Supreme Court has affirmed that they do - and they say that the administration can indeed postpone the election, they can do so. This will accomplish the following - it will immediately defuse the crisis. It will get the people off the streets, and it will allow the reform process to go forward peacefully, productively, and with real populace input, from all parties and sectors of society. This likely makes sense already to many in the administration - including Yingluck. If an election is held, parliament will be insufficiently populated to convene. It is truly impossible to think that will defuse anything. But a man in Dubai doesn't like the idea, because reform will squeeze him out of the process. So on with the police offensive and let power prevail over whistles. The most reasonable, mature thing for Pheu Thai to do would be to cut the sykpe connection. They can practice thinking for themselves. Who knows - they may find they actually like it.

The other side has no resemblance to this. Of course....

cheesy.gif

• Like 2

To be fair he should have thought about being couped before he and his party rammed Thaksins amnesty and remuneration bill through parliament, and declared that they didn't respect the constitution court. Never mind letting the leash off the armed police on top of the labor ministry to shoot and kill the peaceful pro-democracy protesters. He only has himself to blame, tough titties my friend. If you ever get back in power perhaps you can conduct yourself with some measure of decorum that doesn't warrant army intervention.

• Like 1

PTP seems to think that declaring war on Thai people is "democracy" I hope Yingluck is held responsible for every death and every injury. I would dearly love to see her in court, maybe she could stop laughing then.

Huh!...PTP declaring war on Thai people?...Trying to preserve Electoral democracy is "declaring war"?.....Tell that to the millions who selected this Govt....A much better case could be made that 'political war' is being declared on them and their votes from last election....Ms. Y responsible for every death and injury?......Like AV/Suthep at R'song?...If that is the case. Ms. Y has nothing to be concerned about...Would love to see Ms. Y in court?....Like all those meaningful and substantive court appearances of AV/Suthep?.....If that is the case, again, she has nothing to be concerned about...Or are we possibly touching on something called "Double standards"

No i don't want a double standard, i want equal treatment for all. If Abhisit and Suthep are to be held responsible for the 2010 deaths because of how the army acted, then Yingluck should be held responsible for the deaths that have occured at the hands of the police. I could care less if any, or all of them are convicted, but you better believe that if there is not equal treatment this country will not heal until long after the principals are long gone.

• Like 2