Protesters march on Chalerm's office

webfact

Protesters March On Chalerm's Office
By Khaosod English

cha.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Anti-government protesters have marched to the Ministry of Labour this morning to pressure governmental officials into joining the protests.

The protesters split from one of the main rally sites organised by the People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD) at Ladprao Intersection.

At the Ministry, the protesters chained every gate around the building to prevent officials from entering, while many shouted that the officials inside should switch side and join the crusade to unseat Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

The protesters also vented out their anger at Labour Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung, with some speakers saying via loudspeakers that Mr. Chalerm should stop serving ′Thaksin′s Regime′, referring to former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, whom the protests accused as the true puppet master behind the current administration.

Mr. Chalerm has previously angered anti-government protesters with his provocative remarks. He also threatened to have PCAD leader Suthep Thaugsuban under arrest.

As of Monday afternoon, there is no report of violence, and protest leaders have instructed the protesters not to break into the Ministry. The protesters still gather in front of the building, however, some of them giving speeches to the crowd, condemning Mr. Chalerm.

Approximately 200 civil servants have been ordered to leave their office out of security concern, but some others are reportedly still working inside the building. There are reports that some of the governmental officials who left later joined the protests.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE9UVTVPRE0yTlE9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-01-13

• Like 1

While they are round at Chalerms they might want to look for "that" gun. The one that killed the sgnt at club 21 and was searched for repeatedly at chez Chalerm without success. Any long termers will remember that outrageous case of injustice surrounding the murder and coverup perpetrated by the PTP heroic strongman.

Actually, I feel obligated to correct you.

It was Club 20, not Club 21.

And the son apparently only needed a year while Chalerm aided and abetted his fugitive son to somehow find a way that all the witnesses either suddenly hadn't seen anything or blamed "Ai-Peud" who apparently was the shooter. He was a proud MP at the time helping his fugitive son, so in this respect it's not so different now.

Charlerm is loving this!...gets his name into the media...he lives for the media. Without frequent media exposure Charlerm would simply melt into a puddle of crap.

Chalerm cannot melt into a puddle of crap because he is always puddle of crap!

• Like 1

Charlerm is loving this!...gets his name into the media...he lives for the media. Without frequent media exposure Charlerm would simply melt into a puddle of crap.

Doesn't he also belong to the so called "Friends of Thaksin" group?

If they can't even get a rise out of Chalerm it really is time to go home!

Well done the government for the handling of the situation.

Well this would probably be the first thing they have handled well since they have been in power. Now if they can try and handle a few other things well they might be on the right path before they bankrupt the country altogether.

Hey you, protesting people! Leave my Chalerm alone!

He is the only one who can brighten my day...he provides comic relief with his antics and appearances...he puts a smile on my face every time he opens his mouth...he is my hero...he even drives a pink Bentley...don't hurt him...

Look, he is the only member of government who makes any sense, Plodprasop - an oaf thru and thru, Surapong - Gollum reincarnated, Yingluck - crybaby.....So, Chalerm it is, the (ear) Medicine Man, the unwavering, stalwart Thaksin loyalist to the bitter end - him I comprehend...the others, well they just give me gas.

Edited by klauskunkel