Suthep threatens to capture five caretaker Cabinet members, Pheu Thai secretary-general

Lite Beer

Amazing there is still support for Suthep here from TV members.

You think he has said and done more than enough for men in white coats to come a and take him away and then he STILL manages something even more outrageous. 1508564.GIF

I am guessing a lot of the TV supporters are 'Tea Party' types - they're barking as well.

• Like 1

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Amazing there is still support for Suthep here from TV members.

You think he has said and done more than enough for men in white coats to come a and take him away and then he STILL manages something even more outrageous. 1508564.GIF

I think you misunderstand the "support" to Suthep.

I don't support him, and never will. But I like the fact that he has started something that might help Thailand to get rid of "The Clan" and help this country to heal. It will take time, it won't be easy, but it has to happen anyway.

Remove your red tinted glasses, face the reality, and you will soon find out that the poison that kills Thailand has a name. And this poison affects the poor, certainly more that the so called "elite" from which Thaksin is coming.....

Thank you Mr Condiment. Your post says it all and I think speaks for many of us. You've put it so well.

I would add that Suthep is simply a mouthpiece for powerful backers.

By putting his head on the block he may well think that he is buying some karma for past misdeeds.

I think those supporting Thaksin must have other issues. His actions are so transparent that it beats me that people can't see what an evil piece of ...... he is. A truly frightening man is the Dubai guy, desperately trying to take supreme power.

the problem with this situation is - the protestors are demanding that PTP step down - PTP are saying "No" this could go on forever and both sides know it, so something has to change force one of their hands, for PTP months of thousands of people protesting in the streets is not enough and also not the farmers are rising up

PTP don't really have a choice, if they give in and resign then everything they have been up to will be exposed for everyone to see and will lead to either mass exit or mass jail - so they don't really have much to work with.

The protestors and I believe most of the country including the reds (excluding the bought mouths of red leadership) also believe that it's time for change

A master move by Suthep would be to offer the reds a chance to join the movement for changes (they will have to at some point) and let them be part of it undermining Thaksin PTP and the bought red leader thugs - that's what I would call "reconciliation"

The prostestors have no way to escalate the protests except through extreme violence and force otherwise PTP and Thaksin will just keep saying no because they can

The only other option would be for the Military to step in and take over - TBH I believe this is what will happen as I don't see any other solution

• Like 1

We all know what an egomaniacal maniac Suthep is................what amazes me is that he still has followers after publicly making a total fool out of himself, not to mention that he is not one step closer to his goal. TIT

Disagree on every point.

Suthep threatens to capture five caretaker Cabinet members, Pheu Thai secretary-general

BANGKOK: -- Suthep Thaugsuban, secretary-general of the People's Democratic Reform Committee, Tuesday threatened to capture five caretaker Cabinet members.

Suthep alleged that the five ministers and Pheu Thai secretary-general Phumtham Wechayachai were the ones who encouraged Yingluck Shinawatra to remain in her position as the caretaker prime minister.

The five ministers are Deputy Prime Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul, Labour Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung, Deputy Prime Minister Pracha Promnog, Education Minister Chaturon Chaisang, and Deputy Prime Minister Plodprasop Suraswadi, Suthep said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-01-14

Did I hear that right?

Yep he wants kidnapping adding to the list of charges he already faces

Let's see on the charges...

Murder - check

Insurrection - check

Kidnapping - pending

Not talking about all the civil charges (Defamation, etc) - though here defamation can be a criminal offence as well......

Is somebody bored enough to keep a list? Might be amusing....

And who did he murder?

Thaksin has not yet faced charges for the few thousand murders, including assassinations of political opponents that he ordered/carried out. Oh yes. Off course, you ideologues have tunnel vision.

What Thaksin did or did not do, is not the issue quoted. Suthep has an arrest warrent out for murder. Hence the check in that box. Lots of other people are wanted for murder, have confessed to murder and have been jailed for murder. Those particular situations are not what was posted about and are separate to what Suthep may or may not have done.

Try to keep a focus, otherwise every arrest warrent for every murder in Thailand will be defended with the reasoning of........"but Thaksin hasn't been charged yet."

There was every opportunity to charge Thaksin for every sin he may have committed, particularly when Abbhisit was in power. He can still be charged if there is a case to answer. Doesn't make a jot of difference to Sutheps case.

If the government says yes to a May election 70% of your protestor including my wife and her friend say they have what they want and come home

Unfortunately there is the small thing in the constitution that mandates elections after parliment is dissolved. Therefore if there are no elections then present caretaker govt can be tossed into the monkey house. There is no way to get around this I am afraid, so elections will proceed and what happens happens.

so if the dems signed documents to say they would oppose such charges being laid against Yingluck, she would agree /????

Ever hear of a song called DREAMING

Or its her own brother who will lay the charges

Suthep seems to have miscalculated in two respects.

First off, he wants to close down government, largely by blockading government buildings. But he always announces what he is going to do a week or even two weeks in advance. This gives a largely static enemy enough time to react and make arrangements for skeleton service to continue. To be most effective, he needs to strike with speed and without warning. He could use his own storm troopers for the initial blockade and then supplement them with a rallying call to normal Thais.

Secondly, he needs the support of normal Thais so that he has some weight of numbers and give credence to his claim to be acting for and on behalf of the people. But calls for violent criminal acts may alienate the very Thais from whom he needs support.

As a possible wider issue, inciting violence against the government in general and against the Shinawatra family specifically, make it easier for Thaksins claims of his criminal conviction being politically motivated, to be given credence by western media. Not an immediate issue, but one that maybe useful to Mr T in the longer term.

If Suthep wishes to preside over a revolutionary spring consisting of a peaceful uprising by the people, he should stick to that theme and avoid violence or calls for violence. He also needs a few more million people out on the streets.

And please don't respond with facts, rumors and suppositions of what red shirts have done in the past. I am talking about the current situation, not past history.

• Like 2

Any bets that Thaksin has already burned up the phone and sms airwaves to hire pros to take out Suthep when he heard about Suthep planning to take little sister "into custody"?

How dare you accuse a great man with planning murder My proof is this Suthep is still alive

You know the tales every Thai claims they get one murdered for less than 50,000 well maybe according to you nobody has the 50,000

I will love to bet you I think you are evil making BS against a great man

If the government says yes to a May election 70% of your protestor including my wife and her friend say they have what they want and come home

Unfortunately there is the small thing in the constitution that mandates elections after parliment is dissolved. Therefore if there are no elections then present caretaker govt can be tossed into the monkey house. There is no way to get around this I am afraid, so elections will proceed and what happens happens.

so if the dems signed documents to say they would oppose such charges being laid against Yingluck, she would agree /????

Ever hear of a song called DREAMING

Or its her own brother who will lay the charges

I think you should take your own advice with the song "Dreaming".... who would lay charges - jeez these clowns lay charges for looking the wrong way and you dont think if she stepped away they wouldnt try to stick it to her. Any rate elections will be held so this is a moot discussion.

Suthep seems to have miscalculated in two respects.

First off, he wants to close down government, largely by blockading government buildings. But he always announces what he is going to do a week or even two weeks in advance. This gives a largely static enemy enough time to react and make arrangements for skeleton service to continue. To be most effective, he needs to strike with speed and without warning. He could use his own storm troopers for the initial blockade and then supplement them with a rallying call to normal Thais.

Secondly, he needs the support of normal Thais so that he has some weight of numbers and give credence to his claim to be acting for and on behalf of the people. But calls for violent criminal acts may alienate the very Thais from whom he needs support.

As a possible wider issue, inciting violence against the government in general and against the Shinawatra family specifically, make it easier for Thaksins claims of his criminal conviction being politically motivated, to be given credence by western media. Not an immediate issue, but one that maybe useful to Mr T in the longer term.

If Suthep wishes to preside over a revolutionary spring consisting of a peaceful uprising by the people, he should stick to that theme and avoid violence or calls for violence. He also needs a few more million people out on the streets.

And please don't respond with facts, rumors and suppositions of what red shirts have done in the past. I am talking about the current situation, not past history.

Your analysis is largely correct, but I think that Sootie's tactic of announcing all his moves in advance, is grounded in the Thai political tradition, constantly, slowly applying increasing pressure to force a reaction.

Without a doubt he has to avoid openly calling for violence to hold on to his supporters, both in Bangkok and in the provinces, but keeping the ball rolling demands that he continues to announce new goals, however ludicrous they may sound when translated to English. This latest piece of rhetoric, because that is all it is, is obviously both a warning to his opponents, and a means of jollying up his supporters, while planting the idea of citizens arrest(people power) in people's minds. If the police are so absolutely ineffective then of course it is up to the citizens to take action.

The next week will perhaps be crucial to what happens next in this rolling tragedy. Will the money to pay the rice farmers magically materialise or not? If it does, then I can imagine the Democrat party accepting some kind of compromise, if not, then I can imagine a few senior members of PTP taking extended holidays.

• Like 1

Suthep, you better surrender, or be arrested - legally though.

We already knew Suthep if he is honest or liar, I am not sure though when he said it if that was Victory-Day or D-Day, he said: "If we are not successful... I will voluntarily surrender and face the charges".

He didn't surrender.

• Like 1

Suthep, you better surrender, or be arrested - legally though.

We already knew Suthep if he is honest or liar, I am not sure though when he said it if that was Victory-Day or D-Day, he said: "If we are not successful... I will voluntarily surrender and face the charges".

He didn't surrender.

With so many clappers perhaps it was VD day?

As so many us have thought in height of action,

just one more push before the final whistle,and a rousing chorus of

He did it Thai way,

if it were not so tragic it would be a farce.

Edited by RubbaJohnny
  • Like 1

Any bets that Thaksin has already burned up the phone and sms airwaves to hire pros to take out Suthep when he heard about Suthep planning to take little sister "into custody"?

How dare you accuse a great man with planning murder My proof is this Suthep is still alive

You know the tales every Thai claims they get one murdered for less than 50,000 well maybe according to you nobody has the 50,000

I will love to bet you I think you are evil making BS against a great man

You SERIOUSLY need to change your meds, or get on some, if you really believe T is a great man. Him and Suthep are both a couple of egocentric megalomaniacs that should be put away for the good of the Thai people.

• Like 1

Does anyone here realize that the present government is being run by a criminal outside of the country? Sure sounds like alot of western farang thinking here, so are most of you saying Suthep should be arrested by the criminals who are running the government presently? I suggest immediately going back to your home country, or getting an education in Thainess from real Thai's who are aware of the situation.

• Like 2

" Hmm...what to do, what to do. Yesterday was a mild inconvenience for Bangkok and not the Gotterdamerung I'd planned with millions of people worshiping at my feet with the government on the run like the rats they are. In fact most of the protestors seemed to treat it as a bit of a day out with their mates and kids full of selfies to put on Facebook and Line, face painting, a bit of shopping and then a nice spot of dinner at Terminal 21 food court before buggering off home.

I know, let's up the ante for the faithful to keep them on board or else it'll just be me on stage ranting to myself and playing pocket billiards.

A shooting of one of my guards? No, been done before. Men in black ( and I don't mean Johnny Cash ) flitting about like ninjas? No too old school. Close down a major public utility? No that'd piss too many people off.

I know, let's knock out a few more threats so the numbskull element of my support don't get bored.

clap2.gif

Can this guy say and do whatever he wants or is the government/military going to step in? Kidnap government officials, seriously?

A couple of days ago a red lunatic threatened to kidnap the 2 girls of the army chief "dead or alive".

Yesterday the reds put a 500,000B bounty on Suthep's head

Ask yourself the same question

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Did I hear that right?

Yep he wants kidnapping adding to the list of charges he already faces

Wrong.

We The People want them out of politics for life.

They have the option to do that now and live happily for ever after here in Thailand or go hang out in Dubai kap wai.gif

(This is Thailand. One must read and listen between the lines. Thai is of course if one understands the language and culture.)

Can this guy say and do whatever he wants or is the government/military going to step in? Kidnap government officials, seriously?

Probably not - otherwise Prayuth would have already dealt with those UDD members who threatened to kidnap his daughters.

A couple of days ago a red lunatic threatened to kidnap the 2 girls of the army chief "dead or alive".

Doesn't matter what Red shirts did a few days ago, months ago or years ago. Suthep is responsible for what he did today, if indeed he did it. As should the red shirts be responsible for what THEY did a few days ago, if indeed they did it.

In simple terms, two wrongs don't make a right, they make two wrongs and both should be prosecuted. If only there was a functioning legal system. But for TV members to justify a wrong by one side, on the basis of a wrong by the other, is pretty crass. They should know better, but I guess they have had too much exposure to Thainess and forgotten the basics of a legal system

• Like 1

Sadly it's only a threat. If there would be a corruption blacklist or something in Thailand, these 5 guys would be in the top 10.

So would Suthep.

However, such tripe is irrelevant.

You do realize that you have come out and supported a serious criminal act, don't you?

The sad aspect is you, because you have willfully supported a reprehensible and indefensible criminal act.

It is unwise to make such statements because;

1. It makes you a co-conspirator and,

2. It undercuts anything you say in this issue because you are advocating a serious criminal act that no responsible person would agree to let alone find humorous. I suggest you think about that.

This guy is the leader of this party, the reds are not. If the PM said this, then you would have a leg to stand on.

• Like 2

Does anyone here realize that the present government is being run by a criminal outside of the country? Sure sounds like alot of western farang thinking here, so are most of you saying Suthep should be arrested by the criminals who are running the government presently? I suggest immediately going back to your home country, or getting an education in Thainess from real Thai's who are aware of the situation.

Agree with you, this blabla is stupid and shows that some people not able to decide what is wrong, and what is right. Credulous that looking TV and read Newspaper every day and think they are well informed and educated. A criminal Government loose its rights and Suthep is the leader of civil disobedience. Now its his job to capture the criminals and than a peoples court will decide what happen with them. In consideration of the amount of damages they will confiscating all their assets. Everybody knows here, that this Government, Police, Courts not gives a penny for "Law and Order". And now its time for the bill...

Some Thais participate in corruption, but I believe that the majority of Thais are honest people. biggrin.png