salavan

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Define, "dark side".

If it is the illegal stuff, that would move around and is not restricted to Pattaya.

It's worldwide.

There have already been explanations as to why it's called "the dark side", why do you need someone to define it? BTW, the remainder of your post is clear as mud.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

Define, "dark side".

If it is the illegal stuff, that would move around and is not restricted to Pattaya.

It's worldwide.

There have already been explanations as to why it's called "the dark side", why do you need someone to define it? BTW, the remainder of your post is clear as mud.

I don't know what Bangkapi is on about either. Everything in Pattaya is illegal. Otherwise, BK, read the thread BEFORE posting, please.

I understand its called the dark side because originally that side didn't have electricity but the other side did.

I can confirm that the dark side is over rated. I for one will not be stopping at any of the empty bars again.

The bars had advance warning you were coming.

• Like 1

I understand its called the dark side because originally that side didn't have electricity but the other side did.

I can confirm that the dark side is over rated. I for one will not be stopping at any of the empty bars again.

Anyone who likes the Dark Side is living in the past when perhaps the bars had people in them. So over rated,just not worth going to.

Anyone who likes the Dark Side is living in the past when perhaps the bars had people in them. So over rated,just not worth going to.

you think the dark side is just bars and the people who live there's lives revolve around them?

many people who live on the darkside , do so to get away from people who lives are spent in bars

• Like 2

East of Sukhumvit is not Pattaya. It's Nongprue. If you want to live in Pattaya then it has to be the west side of Sukhumvit. Pattaya has a North, South and Central but no East or West. East Pattaya is an invention of housing developers and real estate agents trying to sell property. They'll try calling Koh Larn West Pattaya next.

Living in the past, what are you rambling about? I've lived on the dark side for 4 years and seen bars come and go and enjoy brief popularity as they do anywhere. I can go into bars here and see people I know, not the transient drunken tourists you get in Pattaya. By all means stay on your side of Sukhumvit, we don't need you.

The darkside isn't about the bars, it's about escaping from having them constantly in your face. It's about a normal life with the big city lights just a short hop away across the Sukhumvit Road which does such a good job protecting us from tourists.

• Like 1

Living in the past, what are you rambling about? I've lived on the dark side for 4 years and seen bars come and go and enjoy brief popularity as they do anywhere. I can go into bars here and see people I know, not the transient drunken tourists you get in Pattaya. By all means stay on your side of Sukhumvit, we don't need you.

The darkside isn't about the bars, it's about escaping from having them constantly in your face. It's about a normal life with the big city lights just a short hop away across the Sukhumvit Road which does such a good job protecting us from tourists.

Tourist haters? I dislike the grumpy old bitter men you get here, miserable and spout poisen. Seems to be the 50+ age group. More here than anywhere I've been before and I've travelled all over the world

Start another thread if you want to complain about grumpy old men, this one is about the dark side.

• Like 1

East of Sukhumvit is not Pattaya. It's Nongprue. If you want to live in Pattaya then it has to be the west side of Sukhumvit. Pattaya has a North, South and Central but no East or West. East Pattaya is an invention of housing developers and real estate agents trying to sell property. They'll try calling Koh Larn West Pattaya next.

Walking street in in Nongprue.

And you mean what exactly?

Nongprue Moo 10 I think, there is a Moo map in the municipality offices.

No... the dark side is horrible, dark and dangerous. Even the locals try to avoid it. Please stay on the beach side.

I was told it is near the end of the earth. First you take route 69, until it ends, next you ride an elephant for three days and four nights. After that you scale a shear limestone cliff, dive off into the sea, then swim in to a secret under water passage.

Surface and you are there! Bit of a journey but its worth the effort.

Please keep this little slice of Heaven a secret na :)

• Like 1

I live in Pattaya proper and am not bothered by bars at all. There are none close to where I live. You don't have to go darkside to escape them. There are plenty of places in Pattaya that are quiet.

• Like 1

Tourist haters? I dislike the grumpy old bitter men you get here, miserable and spout poisen. Seems to be the 50+ age group. More here than anywhere I've been before and I've travelled all over the world

As this is internationally promoted retirement destination then it's likely that you will see lots of 50+ retirees

Maybe it's time to move on again as you seem to have adopted the habit of spouting poison from them......

You're still not making it clear as to what your point is. So what if South Pattaya Walking street is in Tambon Nongprue the area is administered and policed by Pattaya City hall and Pattaya Police. The so called darkside is not administered by Pattaya City Hall or policed by Pattaya Police. It is a whole different area administered and policed by Nongprue district offices and Nongprue Police. The Darkside is NOT Pattaya, East or otherwise it is Nongprue.

as discussed many times on this forum

Pattaya is not mentioned in any formal addresses either on the brightside or the darkside, only nongprue is stated

so how can you distinguish what is and what is not actually Pattaya be it N,S,E,or West when its all classed as nongprue only?

however:

wiki says:

Pattaya City (Thai: เมืองพัทยา; RTGS: Mueang Phatthaya) is a self-governing municipal area which covers the whole tambon Nong Prue and Na Kluea and parts of Huai Yai and Nong Pla Lai.

so if they are to be believed pattaya city hall and pattaya admin does actually administrate over all of tambon nongprue (brightside and darkside, N.S.E. or W)

so is there a pattaya east?

i vote yes!

You're still not making it clear as to what your point is. So what if South Pattaya Walking street is in Tambon Nongprue the area is administered and policed by Pattaya City hall and Pattaya Police. The so called darkside is not administered by Pattaya City Hall or policed by Pattaya Police. It is a whole different area administered and policed by Nongprue district offices and Nongprue Police. The Darkside is NOT Pattaya, East or otherwise it is Nongprue.

False. Pattaya District police are always on the darkside stopping traffic.

False. Pattaya District police are always on the darkside stopping traffic.

Last time I called into Pattaya Police Station on Beach Road they said their jurisdiction ended at Sukhumvit highway.

Pattaya is not mentioned in any formal addresses either on the brightside or the darkside, only nongprue is stated

so how can you distinguish what is and what is not actually Pattaya be it N,S,E,or West when its all classed as nongprue only?

however:

wiki says:

Pattaya City (Thai: เมืองพัทยา; RTGS: Mueang Phatthaya) is a self-governing municipal area which covers the whole tambon Nong Prue and Na Kluea and parts of Huai Yai and Nong Pla Lai.

so if they are to be believed pattaya city hall and pattaya admin does actually administrate over all of tambon nongprue (brightside and darkside, N.S.E. or W)

i vote yes!

http://pattaya-times.com/a6263-pattaya-s-overhead-monorail-routes-unveiled gives a map

6263.jpg

that shows the Eastern Pattaya City limits just a little further east of the railway line. Any more East and you're in Nongprue. As far as Nakleua is concerned I've always been told it is to the north of Pattaya Nua Road which as the map shows is not part of Pattaya City. Most of what people refer to as "The Darkside" would be well out of Pattaya City Limits and under the jurisdiction of Nongprue.

Edited by Keesters

however:

wiki says:

i vote yes!

http://pattaya-times.com/a6263-pattaya-s-overhead-monorail-routes-unveiled gives a map

6263.jpg

that shows the Eastern Pattaya City limits just a little further east of the railway line. Any more East and you're in Nongprue. As far as Nakleua is concerned I've always been told it is to the north of Pattaya Nua Road which as the map shows is not part of Pattaya City. Most of what people refer to as "The Darkside" would be well out of Pattaya City Limits and under the jurisdiction of Nongprue.

i am afraid there is much evidence to contradict what you have been told or understood or as far as you are concerned but offering a map from Pattaya times and drew noyes to support your case?

i would not believe it, if they said it was going to be hot in Pattaya tomorrow