Degree for work permit

whomadewho

Dear,

While searching for hints regarding my upcoming work permit application I came over to a post saying:

"....I've gotten three work permits for three different companies over the past decade (non-teaching related), some BOI and some 'regular' companies. I've used two fixers and one in-house employee to handle it and the only time the degree came up was when the in-house employee did it, because she read the requirements and took them at face value. I simply sent in my CV as usual and no further questions were asked. The fixers who spend their entire lives wandering around the labor department getting this stuff done don't bother to ask for a degree, because it's not needed."

Now I am doing my first workpermit application and its through an In house employee and she had sent me the applications form asking for permanent address, blood type etc and also the education. To avoid even being asked for this papers - as mine are in german I would need to get them translated etc - should i just leave the fields empty or they wont even ask for it even when I filled it in?

Thanks for your help.

The information requested on the work permit application should be answered as best as possible. For example, a specific home country address is not necessary but you should specify the country at a minimum. Blood type is required and the medical certificate you will need for the work permit application specifies that.

As for the education certificate the officer will generally prefer to have the certificate but do understand that some may have their educational certificates in their home countries and are difficult to obtain. A CV could be used as a substitute source of information but its important to note that for some occupations (such as teacher) the work permit office will require the original document.

Just a reminder, this is our experience with current practices and procedures and they may change in the future.

[sunbeltlegal][/sunbeltlegal]