Crackdown on 'counterfeit' whistles begins: Bangkok

webfact

The channel also sells its own "premium" lightning-shaped whistles, costing up to 999 baht per piece.

Good grief thats £20 im shocked ........cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The best whistles on the market to name 1, Thunderer, it has many tones, you buy the one that fits (as in stadium/arena size etc.,)

As a class 1 football referee, I bought a very shrill one for large enclosed football grounds, or a standard one for parks etc.,

The point being the price for a whistle in UK the best is nowhere near the outrageous price of these "premium" S##T things. complete rip off at 999baht, and sorry to say DESERVE to be copied. If some goods are far way over the top in price you will get copiers of your goods.

• Like 1

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My whistle isn't a "lightening", it's a "Storm", once advertised as the loudest whistle on the market.

Whenever I blow it, I must plug my ears or they will ring for quite some time!

Haven't treated the protesters to it yet ….

Edited by Curt1591
  • Like 1

The channel also sells its own "premium" lightning-shaped whistles, costing up to 999 baht per piece.

Good grief thats £20 im shocked ........cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

The best whistles on the market to name 1, Thunderer, it has many tones, you buy the one that fits (as in stadium/arena size etc.,)

As a class 1 football referee, I bought a very shrill one for large enclosed football grounds, or a standard one for parks etc.,

The point being the price for a whistle in UK the best is nowhere near the outrageous price of these "premium" S##T things. complete rip off at 999baht, and sorry to say DESERVE to be copied. If some goods are far way over the top in price you will get copiers of your goods.

It would be a rip of if you have no or limited choice? Right? I think people are free to not buy one but the high price includes some kind of donation I guess.

Edited by Nickymaster

Since when can private security guards confiscate counterfeits?

I thought a company has first to file a complain to the courts, then
it's the police who will enforce the law and confiscate the items?

Can anyone just employ some thugs, dress them in a funny uniform

then send them out "confiscating" supposing fake items?
Then, once I confiscated the fakes, can I declare them to be originals
and sell them again?

If not, can I sue Blue Sky for stealing my whistles?

• Like 1

And this - ladies and gentlemen - is what Khaosod views as a news story.

Did Khaosod burst your bubble about the noble purpose of the whistle?

In a previous post, you preached that ‘why’ they are being blown is more important than the whistles themselves.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/695004-no-room-for-reason-in-a-storm-of-whistles-thai-politics/?p=7262606

And now the ‘official mouthpiece of the ongoing protests’ tells you the ‘why’ is for profit.

Isn’t it deflating to slowly realize that maybe the ultimate motivation behind these ‘protests’ is money?

Democracy might be in danger here. But, the prognosis for capitalism is definitely something to whistle about!

Edited by rijb

I have often wondered. Is there a Thai word for irony ?

Ilonnee.

Boingggggggg

My Missus I-rrrons my shirts. And her verb to describe what she's doing is I-rrroni. Goes out of her way to nail the R, but doesn't manage the ng as in ironing, so it sounds remarkably like a Glaswegian saying "irony". whistling.gif

Re the whistles - I bet the counterfeit copiers are annoyed that the original counterfeiters have blown the whistle on them.

Half time - change ends!

And this - ladies and gentlemen - is what Khaosod views as a news story.

Did Khaosod burst your bubble about the noble purpose of the whistle?

In a previous post, you preached that ‘why’ they are being blown is more important than the whistles themselves.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/695004-no-room-for-reason-in-a-storm-of-whistles-thai-politics/?p=7262606

And now the ‘official mouthpiece of the ongoing protests’ tells you the ‘why’ is for profit.

Isn’t it deflating to slowly realize that maybe the ultimate motivation behind these ‘protests’ is money?

Democracy might be in danger here. But, the prognosis for capitalism is definitely something to whistle about!

Funniest thing I heard. Suthep needs the royalties from whistles to prop him up.

Might come to that soon as they must have pumped some real money into this Coup. Problem is, they have committed such a massive array of crimes, that they can't pull out now.

When Suthep goes to prison, I'm buying up 20 whistles to give to his cellmates. Sure we could make a few payments to prisoners familys if they can keep him awake for a month blowing them.

Fake whistles....... Fake protest more like. Any of his fans smelling "self serving coup" yet are we?

From OP: Blue Sky staff claimed that security guards employed by the channel have confiscated their first batch of countefeit whistles

So Blue Sky and Suthep's mob can get away with blatant theft on top of all the other offences they have already committed .... or am I missing something.