All New Pcx 150 2014

tonysamui

I bought the SH150 because of the larger tires, and the ability to transport a large bag of dog food, plus the fact that it sits higher and more comfortable for me. My wife cannot reach the ground from the seat so I've been thinking of looking at the PCX150 to see if she can ride it comfortably, and perhaps a Honda Click if not. We each have our own reasons for what we buy, so that should not be an issue of importance to others. I am enjoying the SH150 so that is ALL that counts for me.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

seen a black new pcx today on the road and it looks really uglier than the old one expect led lights that looks good and quality.

looks so bland like a honda spacy.

LL - you've really got it in for the good old PCX - harping on how much better the SH150 is, despite its 20,000 b price premium....

so the SH has got a rear disc and bigger wheels - who cares - its F Ugly

Below is a picture of an SH150 - can you honestly say its better looking than a PCX ??

attachicon.gifsh.jpg

i dont like the styling of sh150 either. both ugly. but new pcx is a lot uglier and looks a bit cheap if the lights are off like a honda spacy 110 or first scooters coming from china.

but at least it has some sort of european design language and looks different a bit.

just sh150 has better specs, ergonomy and versatility for 15 k thb more.

seen a black new pcx today on the road and it looks really uglier than the old one expect led lights that looks good and quality.

looks so bland like a honda spacy.

LL - you've really got it in for the good old PCX - harping on how much better the SH150 is, despite its 20,000 b price premium....

so the SH has got a rear disc and bigger wheels - who cares - its F Ugly

Below is a picture of an SH150 - can you honestly say its better looking than a PCX ??

attachicon.gifsh.jpg

i dont like the styling of sh150 either. both ugly. but new pcx is a lot uglier and looks a bit cheap if the lights are off like a honda spacy 110 or first scooters coming from china.

but at least it has some sort of european design language and looks different a bit.

just sh150 has better specs, ergonomy and versatility for 15 k thb more.

but the 15/20k extra isn't because its a better bike, its cus its imported from vietnam and attracts import duty.....

if it were made in Thailand, i'm assuming it would be the same price ??

either way, i'm on my 3rd PCX - i think they're great and couldn't imagine life without mine.....

post-95864-0-91932300-1394949639_thumb.j

I have a PCX but I'm not one of those that think of it as a fashion statement, "bling it out "or ride it like I stole it."

Just basic transportation for me.

I did get to try out the SH150i and it is definitely an upgrade to the PCX. I will probably get an SH if I see a low mileage second hand one for sale. Don't like to buy new.

Ride the SH for a few minutes and you will agree it is far and away a better machine for the farang rider than the PCX.

First off it has larger tires, Enkei alloy wheels, larger diameter forks with a longer throw, larger shocks on the rear, rear disc brake, better seat, larger footrests, 2 more horsepower, higher quality fit-finish and ergonomically designed for the european sized individuals.

After riding an SH the PCX felt small, unstable and less comfortable. Definitely a generation behind the new SH150i.

I'm not putting down the PCX. It still is a very reliable scooter that gets the job done.

I have a PCX but I'm not one of those that think of it as a fashion statement, "bling it out "or ride it like I stole it."

Just basic transportation for me.

I did get to try out the SH150i and it is definitely an upgrade to the PCX. I will probably get an SH if I see a low mileage second hand one for sale. Don't like to buy new.

Ride the SH for a few minutes and you will agree it is far and away a better machine for the farang rider than the PCX.

First off it has larger tires, Enkei alloy wheels, larger diameter forks with a longer throw, larger shocks on the rear, rear disc brake, better seat, larger footrests, 2 more horsepower, higher quality fit-finish and ergonomically designed for the european sized individuals.

After riding an SH the PCX felt small, unstable and less comfortable. Definitely a generation behind the new SH150i.

I'm not putting down the PCX. It still is a very reliable scooter that gets the job done.

I just got a chance to sit on a friends PCX150, and it sits much closer to the ground, so I'm thinking seriously about buying one to go along with the SH150 I just bought as my wife can't reach the ground from the seat of the SH150. Both the SH and the PCX are nice looking in my opinion, and if the PCX rides as comfortably as the SH I'll be very happy with them. The new PCX150 has a couple of features the SH doesn't have, LED lighting, and a power outlet, and I like the location of the fuel tank which provides much more storage space under the seat. You should be able to bargain the price of the SH150 to around 85k baht or even a little less if you give up some of the so called freebies.

I stopped by the Honda dealer in Hua Hin on Monday and they had already sold all the new PCXs they had received. They could order me one, it would take a week-10 days to get here and the price is 82,000 baht.

Today, I stopped by the CHA-AM Honda dealer and they had two new white PCX's. I put a deposit on a new red PCX which will be delivered in three weeks. 80,000 + TTL = 82,000. Good luck to all.....

from my iPad in Cha-Am

i do think the PCX is the best Thai built scooter for city use - and the convenience of a charger and the storage spaces on the new one is great - so I may be getting one soon for city use. But I think the large plastic front end is designed to appeal to people who really want a car. It creates a car-like dashboard and so is like a poor mans Honda City.

I think bikers looking for handy city transport will prefer the larger wheels and motorcycle inspired looks of the SH 150.

Most of us are bikers and car drivers - so it depends on if your bike-side is dominant or your car-side.

So people who prefer a PCX are closet car drivers and SH lovers are closet bikers. smile.png

But I'm more influenced by cost - so I'm a closet cheapskate.

"So people who prefer a PCX are closet car drivers and SH lovers are closet bikers." Some of them maybe closet gays when you see who their riding companion is! Not that there's anything wrong with that. whistling.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bought a PCX in Kamala for 82k all in.

79k in Phuket town but they didn't have any. They want 10k down, could be a week or a month.

It will be interesting to see how the flat finish works out. I got a white one.

Just dropped 81k on the grey model up in Nakhon Sawan. That's price out the door to include insurance.

are you in Thailand man?

Nope, it was a transfer from the secret stash fund. Thus I had no comment about the accessories also purchased. When I get back I'll be able to do a comparison between it and the old PCX 125 (which due to the seat hump I detest).

The trusty crusty old Airblade which I used for my morning coffee runs is getting retired and so I told them to either get a Zoomer-X or the PCX....of course the PCX was chosen and now we have 2.

78k for a pcx? I paid 92 for the SH so for 14K i got bigger rims, bigger tubeless tires, more efficient engine, higher seat, rearcase, windscreen, double shocks.

Does the new pcx have ABS?

More efficient engine?? Why do you think that?? The PCX is very efficient and it got the idle stop too making it even more efficient.

The PCX got double rear shocks too and tubeless tires.

Windscreen, well well, I like the wind in my face and since we are not talking big bikes here and doing over 120 km/h not really necessary in my opinion.

No ABS as far as I know on the PCX.

It all come down to personal taste if you want the PCX or SH, but I see a LOT of the new PCX around and very few SH's, soooo.

78k for a pcx? I paid 92 for the SH so for 14K i got bigger rims, bigger tubeless tires, more efficient engine, higher seat, rearcase, windscreen, double shocks.

More efficient engine?? Why do you think that?? The PCX is very efficient and it got the idle stop too making it even more efficient.

The PCX got double rear shocks too and tubeless tires.

Windscreen, well well, I like the wind in my face and since we are not talking big bikes here and doing over 120 km/h not really necessary in my opinion.

No ABS as far as I know on the PCX.

It all come down to personal taste if you want the PCX or SH, but I see a LOT of the new PCX around and very few SH's, soooo.

bc pcx 150 is cheaper plus honda sh150i is a high scooter so not easy for Thai people to go around with it.

sh150i is a better bike in every department.

Still, i am seeing more new model pcx 150 nowadays and it is growing on me. Led head and stop lights looks great.

And i saw gray color too. I believe gray looks the best on new pcx 150.

I just bought an SH150 for 84K, and they quoted the PCX150 at 79K, but don't have one to sell yet.

Happy with the SH150, and getting a little over 45Km/litre. Top speed seems to be just over 120Km/hr maybe more if you have a long enough road before needing to apply the brakes. I'd like to have a PCX150 for the lower seat so my wife and daughter could use it, and the only complaint I have is the drum brake in the rear. I saw one at another shop but they wanted 79K for it.

I just bought an SH150 for 84K, and they quoted the PCX150 at 79K, but don't have one to sell yet.

Happy with the SH150, and getting a little over 45Km/litre. Top speed seems to be just over 120Km/hr maybe more if you have a long enough road before needing to apply the brakes. I'd like to have a PCX150 for the lower seat so my wife and daughter could use it, and the only complaint I have is the drum brake in the rear. I saw one at another shop but they wanted 79K for it.

What shop is letting it go for only 84k? The SH150.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

FYI: Double rear shocks are not as good as a rear mono-shock. More isn't always better, even in Merika.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

Very interesting!

The new Yamaha Tricity has two shocks as of course does the PCX the subject of this thread.

Honda Click 125i only has one shock so I guess that makes it better?

Edited by VocalNeal

FYI: Double rear shocks are not as good as a rear mono-shock. More isn't always better, even in Merika.

Very interesting!

The new Yamaha Tricity has two shocks as of course does the PCX the subject of this thread.

You don't usually come across as stupid, so I'll let it go.

Nonsense ! Both can work equally well. One great disadvantage of a mono shock is the increase in overall length.

• 2 weeks later...

Nonsense ! Both can work equally well. One great disadvantage of a mono shock is the increase in overall length.

One great advantage of mono shock is weight and position. It is also more reactive at high speed and more efficient in braking. Plus the settings are easier than a twin shock. Nonetheless, you can find excellent twin shock, but there is no doubt why competition's bike are not using them anymore.

Edited by Tibo27

Very interesting!

Vocal was quite coherent, Wong...not so much; but I'll let it go.

You can't just make a blanket statement about how many shocks are better. It all depends on the bike's engineering.

Sportbikes and MX bikes have a monoshock but their swingarms are engineered to be stiff vertically but still flex laterally. They also often have complex linkages that allow decent travel.

A little scooter isn't designed for racing so I feel 2 shocks are better than 1 but that is just my opinion.

What I do know is my dual shock Tricity and old Nouvo felt much more comfortable than a single shock Scoopy but then wheel size also plays a role.

In theory the bigger/more shocks there are the smoother the ride. That's why MX bikes have huge forks even though they weigh so little.

And I can not remember reading a post of yours where you do not come across as condescending, arrogant, or just plain rude.

And I can not remember reading a post of yours where you do not come across as condescending, arrogant, or just plain rude.

I think you're great!

(Is that better?)

I've been driving the new PCX for a month now. It is a well engineered, fun to drive bike. I'd say it's damn close to perfect. I like how quiet it is. The headlights are remarkable for night driving, a world of difference over the old YNE. I'm getting 50 KpL according to the on board computer.