Thapraya road near Jomtien

Fabulousheart

I have been here over a month now and all of the bi holes that where dug on the side walks 3 months ago are still dangerously there. Why do they did many giant holes on both sides of the street and leave them open for 3 month plus now? The holes are apx 10 by 10 and over six feet deep. They are being filled up with stagnant water and garbage every day. There are at least a dozen of these holes on both sides of the road with nothing blocking them. Attached are three examples and I walk this way every da hae yet to see anything being worked on.post-193109-13898554443507_thumb.jpgpost-193109-13898553865434_thumb.jpgpost-193109-13898554208733_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I believe this is what happens: the city hires one contractor to dig the holes and another to bury the cables. The hole contractor promptly does his job, but cable contractor, for some reason (maybe the city ran out of money, maybe they are waiting for materials) cannot perform yet, so the holes remain. This kind of thing is fairly common here.

Seriously why would they dig holes on both sides of the road and leave them open for months?Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

They probably needed to get to some pipes or cables, then found out, Oh, wrong road.. And forgot all about it.

No worries, in a year or so the wholes will be filled with dirt, nature has a way fixing things

:)

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by valgehiir
  • Like 1

you got it wrong folks. Its only corruption who show his ugly head... For the last decades, dont know how many times build rebuild, and damaged over and over again the same roads in patters. That how some people got tremondously rich in Thailand.

There are numerous condo developments that feed into this sidewalk that force everyone into one of the busiest traffic patterns. Granted the ones with wheel chairs and strollers have it much worse. Why don't the cover the holes with metal plates until they are done?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

As for state of repairs of the roads, you'll probably get used to it eventually.

No I won't, they totally SUCK and I want them fixed NOW!

I walk by them every day and I am sick and tired of walking around them and seeing them.

I think I made my point perfectly clear on this issue.

As for state of repairs of the roads, you'll probably get used to it eventually.

I walk by them every day and I am sick and tired of walking around them and seeing them.

You will get use to them, after few months you will hardly notice them. There will be new holes to distract you, that always helps

• Like 1

In-fact its not just in Jomtien, its along the whole route of Thappraya Rd into Pattaya terminating at the Bali-Hai junction. 3 months, that is being very fair its more like 5 months now and not a thing done and no sign of anything planned to be done! For a city that is supposed to be cleaning yup its act its not doing very well is it. I have lived here (Jomtien) for 8 years now and have come to accept the various eyesores because the local authorities don't give a toss and they just don't(don't want to) understand the meaning of cleanliness.

If you live here you will just have to accept that you will be living in a shit tip with the local authorities only interested in lining their pockets whilst lining up the streets in uncompleted roadworks and rubbish. I try to keep my own house in order as that's the only thing I have influence on ...............................

Edited by ianwrd4
  • Like 1

Don't we all, but after a few years of living with it the general (a)pathetic manner in which the city deals with maintenance will grind you into submission as well!

There are numerous condo developments that feed into this sidewalk that force everyone into one of the busiest traffic patterns. Granted the ones with wheel chairs and strollers have it much worse. Why don't the cover the holes with metal plates until they are done? Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Because the metal plates would disappear by sunrise

Public safety has the lowest priority here. During the rainy season these holes filled with water and became a breeding ground for mosquitoes. Luckily no serious accidents have happened where a small child has fallen in. You could ask City Hall who's the project manager for this major work which requires coordination and cooperation by many parties, and I'm sure you would get blank stares.

The way the Footpaths / Sidewalks are laid , dug up , laid again, dug up again............. they should just install huge Zippers ... clap2.gif

Im sure it has crossed minds at city hall, pribably there is no money to be made with giant zippers

Actually I'm surprised there aren't more roads dug up in Jomtien and Pratumnak. I see lots of big condo buildings going up but little sign of all the electricity, telephone, water and sewage services that they will need.

They wait until condos are finished, peopled have moved in, and the area is starting to look nice.

Thats when you can expect the diggers, and random holes

Aaaaahhhhh for those with short memories or were not around 8 years ago....Thrappaya Road used to look like it had been carpet bombed and there was no pavement. Then the road was fixed ...The road to nowhere as it just ends up on Suhk and you have to turn left....The road is finished now after a lot of hole fixing...and still ongoing.... they now have to b*gger up the pavements.

But the Thai mentallity is that you know these holes are there so why would you fall in them...? No danger...heaven forbid a motorbike skidding into them at speed. The rider might survive the fall but would be scewered to death on the jaggy rusty re-bar sticking up like some ancient animal trap....my guess is that it will never end as previously mentioned there are hundreds of Condos going up and no infrastructure to cope with it....

• Like 1

In most countries if someone dug a hole and did not maintain safety barriers, warnings around it, or fail to fill it and make good in a timely many the contractor, utility company and/or local authority would find themselves on the wrong end of a law suit.

In most countries if someone dug a hole and did not maintain safety barriers, warnings around it, or fail to fill it and make good in a timely many the contractor, utility company and/or local authority would find themselves on the wrong end of a law suit.

Anything that takes peoples mind of the widening of beach road is a good thing.