Worry-Free Non-O-Visa Savannakhet

3 minutes ago, BuckBee said:

No need print it 2 sided, back is only notes for applicant benefit . 1 page PDF is easier printing and never had issue using it .

What is so hard about printing it two sided?

You might of just been lucky they didn't say anything about it being one sided.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

What is so hard about printing it two sided?

You might of just been lucky they didn't say anything about it being one sided.

Must of been luck quite a few times then over last 2yrs for myself and others

If not printing yourself then got rely on shop do duplex mode print or refeed paper.

As it only notes for applicant they not concerned.

My personal experience from doing it many times is it not a must but for a belt & braces approach to a tricky application it maybe good idea to reduce easy excuses for consulate.

4 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Hi, does anyone know if a UK marriage certificate, foreign male married to Thai lady, requires an official Thai translation when requesting a multi entry non-o, thanks.

Since your marriage certificate is in English it will not need to be translated.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Deepinthailand said:

As far as I'm aware age doesn't come into it for marriage or dependent children. Some will pop 9n and give you exact details 

Most embassy websites don't list an age but my local immigration office told me 20 is the maximum age. No office is the same as the last so thought id try my luck since i have heard of peoples parents managing to get the same sort of visa. I would be a follower on my dads business visa and work permit. 

12 minutes ago, Activated said:

Most embassy websites don't list an age but my local immigration office told me 20 is the maximum age. No office is the same as the last so thought id try my luck since i have heard of peoples parents managing to get the same sort of visa. I would be a follower on my dads business visa and work permit. 

You might be able to get a single entry non-o to visit family but not sure Savannakhet will issue one.

For an extension at immigration the maximum age is 20.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You might be able to get a single entry non-o to visit family but not sure Savannakhet will issue one.

no more non O  at savan ?  for visiting  thai childreen ? 

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

12 hours ago, thai006 said:

no more non O  at savan ?  for visiting  thai childreen ? 

That was in reply to a post about getting a non-o to visit his father who is here on extension based upon working.

Not the same as getting one based upon being the parent of a Thai. You can still get a single entry non-o in Savannakhet but not a multiple entry.

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That was in reply to a post about getting a non-o to visit his father who is here on extension based upon working.

Not the same as getting one based upon being the parent of a Thai. You can still get a single entry non-o in Savannakhet but not a multiple entry.

Oh thank you  Ubon , i just forget it but  thai children can come to laos 2 day without passport ?  

3 hours ago, thai006 said:

Oh thank you  Ubon , i just forget it but  thai children can come to laos 2 day without passport ?  

Thais can get a 3 day border pass to enter Laos. You would need their birth certificates and copies of their house book registry for them to apply for one.

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/10/2016 at 7:45 AM, ubonjoe said:

Hi Joe. Ok, so I've done all my multi non-o (based on marriage) visas in the UK this last 6 or 7 years. This time I'm looking to do it in SE Asia. Looks like Savannakhet is no-go, so how about Penang? Also, do you know if good ol' NJ Books Centre in Chulia Street is still going? Thanks!

7 minutes ago, fauxie said:

Hi Joe. Ok, so I've done all my multi non-o (based on marriage) visas in the UK this last 6 or 7 years. This time I'm looking to do it in SE Asia. Looks like Savannakhet is no-go, so how about Penang? Also, do you know if good ol' NJ Books Centre in Chulia Street is still going? Thanks!

If you are getting the non-o visa based upon marriage you will not have a problem getting a multiple entry in Savannakhet.

You could also get one in Penang but would need to show 400k baht in the bank or proof of income.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

If you are getting the non-o visa based upon marriage you will not have a problem getting a multiple entry in Savannakhet.

You could also get one in Penang but would need to show 400k baht in the bank or proof of income.

Excellent, thank you. It's been a while so I'm wondering what the proof of income entails these days. I used to just put money into my wife's account, take it out, put more in, to the tune of about 40k entering her account each month (never mind that much of it was the same money going in and out and in again). Then just copies of these transactions in her bank book (plus the usual docs) and that was fine, but that was back in maybe 2009 or 2010.

9 minutes ago, fauxie said:

Excellent, thank you. It's been a while so I'm wondering what the proof of income entails these days. I used to just put money into my wife's account, take it out, put more in, to the tune of about 40k entering her account each month (never mind that much of it was the same money going in and out and in again). Then just copies of these transactions in her bank book (plus the usual docs) and that was fine, but that was back in maybe 2009 or 2010.

You don't need financial proof to get the visa in Savannakhet.

In Penang they would probably want to see pay slips from an employer outside the country or proof of a pension to meet the income requirement.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

You don't need financial proof to get the visa in Savannakhet.

In Penang they would probably want to see pay slips from an employer outside the country or proof of a pension to meet the income requirement.

Alright, thanks once again for your help. Looks like a jaunt to Laos or a trip back to Blighty are my most straight-forward options.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Pat in Pattaya said:

I saw an article on the net recently that you now need to show Baht 100,000.00 in a bank book or hard cash when applying for a Non 'O' at Sav based on marriage, and also a letter from the wife just outlining that you are married with no problems, etc....any truth in this?

I have seen no reports of that being true. There are  many members of this forum that get their visas in Savannakhet so I am sure we would  know about if it was factual.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have seen no reports of that being true. There are  many members of this forum that get their visas in Savannakhet so I am sure we would  know about if it was factual.

Thanks Joe, as suspected. But there is an article that someone did recently stating, I won't bother to c&p it though..

• 1 month later...