Worry-Free Non-O-Visa Savannakhet

This really screwed us bad. We booked a flight for feb1 a week or so ago planning to get the visa on the 2nd and come back on the third. The problem was that our flight leaves at 1pm and now we can't get the visa until 2pm so we'll miss our flight. We can't change our itinerary because Loas Airways has ridiculous policies. $400 just to change our tickets. Really not sure what we will do at this time. I'm guessing politely asking for them to make an exception would be something we can try and ask for but otherwise it would be cheaper just for us to buy new one way tickets from Loas to BKK. Horrible and unlucky timing I guess.

If anyone has any suggestion, please let me know but we really don't have a lot of options unfortunately.

• 3 weeks later...

My visa (non o based on marriage) expires in a couple of weeks, I was going to go to Savannaket and get a new 1 year multi entry non o. Im in Southern Thailand, so i want to fly direct to Savannaket, i havent seen anyone else doing this so i was was wondering if there was a reason why? Would there be a problem flying back into Thailand with a visa issued from Savannaket?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

My visa (non o based on marriage) expires in a couple of weeks, I was going to go to Savannaket and get a new 1 year multi entry non o. Im in Southern Thailand, so i want to fly direct to Savannaket, i havent seen anyone else doing this so i was was wondering if there was a reason why? Would there be a problem flying back into Thailand with a visa issued from Savannaket?

No ! smile.png

Please let me know how you go as I have to do it in april and hope they're still giving them out.

Are you aware that you can do another entry on or before the enter before date on your visa and get another 90 day entry,

No problem to fly back from Savannakhet.

The only flights direct to Savannakhet are on Lao Airway form BKK The flight schedule is such that it requires you to spend an extra day in Savannakhet.

You can get flights to Mukdahan that are a fly/ride service via Nakhon Phanom on Air Asia and Nok Air.

a

Are you aware that you can do another entry on or before the enter before date on your visa and get another 90 day entry,

The only flights direct to Savannakhet are on Lao Airway form BKK The flight schedule is such that it requires you to spend an extra day in Savannakhet.

You can get flights to Mukdahan that are a fly/ride service via Nakhon Phanom on Air Asia and Nok Air.

Cheers for that Joe, put my mind at rest.

Im aware of the extra 90 days you mentioned, I entered Thai on my final visit just before my visa expired, i have a couple of weeks remaining.

I`ll be flying Lao Airway from BKK.

I read somewhere the consulate moved, how far from the airport is it?

Cheers for that Joe, put my mind at rest.

Im aware of the extra 90 days you mentioned, I entered Thai on my final visit just before my visa expired, i have a couple of weeks remaining.

Not sure how far away it is from the airport. But unless the flight schedules have changed you will be to late to be at the consulate when it stops accepting application at 11 am. Pickup time is 2 pm the next afternoon.

Map and address for the consulate is here. http://www.thaisavannakhet.com/savannakhet/th/consulate/contact/

The red flash in my attachment means Savannakhet airport, the red circle on the other hand is the new Thai consulate.

Straight-line distance from the airport to the consulate is roughly 2 kilo, whereas on a tuk-tuk it might be 3-4 kilo.

post-24939-0-01691300-1423832978_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Arrived Sunday 22nd Feb at Savannakhet for Multiple NON-0-VISA based on marriage. Went to Consulate Monday morning at 09:00. Presented all paperwork as per OP comments on page 1 of this post. The official kept all documents returning only the original marriage certificate. Done in about 10 minutes. Please note that I was told to return the following day at 14:00 hrs to collect my passport. They do not do same day service.

• Like 1

Arrived Sunday 22nd Feb at Savannakhet for Multiple NON-0-VISA based on marriage. Went to Consulate Monday morning at 09:00. Presented all paperwork as per OP comments on page 1 of this post. The official kept all documents returning only the original marriage certificate. Done in about 10 minutes. Please note that I was told to return the following day at 14:00 hrs to collect my passport. They do not do same day service.

Is this the 1 year multiple entry without having to show funds in the bank or income??

Thankyou, i'm booked to go at the end of march. Juat hoping they still do it, although i am concerned if they will accept the australian marriage certificate or will I have to have it translated to thai first.

They will accept your foreign marriage certificate in English. Other languages have to be translated to Thai.

THANKS for the update !!!! i will be going on coming week fm chiangmai .

will update once i am back

• 2 weeks later...

THANKS for the update !!!! i will be going on coming week fm chiangmai .

will update once i am back

Gd Day

I have just reached Chiangmai last night 11/03/2015 after getting my 1st visa non O multiple base on married cert thai wife .

nothing New all paper docs needed base on the 1st page posted by OP

Dont need bank statement

submitted in my application on 9/03/2015 & collected back my passport on 10/03/2015

many people as songkrang is around the corner ( understand fm the cafe next to it )

*** Special THANKS to Mr gzu88bv & ubonjoe

You saved my headache

i nearly got deported 2 times .

on 02 Dec 2014 . got pulled to the custom office in Chiangmai airport . questions by officer why i always come to thai ?? ( 1 mth in thi 1 mth in singapore ) aft explained my wife thai ..... .... her reply need to apply for a visa and she let me in.

on 08 March 2015 . same things got pulled to the custom office ( custom computer " Lock " me ) this time round well prepared with all Doc and cert shown to the officer expained and she let me in

now i can come in and out peace of mind .

THANKS !!!!

• Like 1

I currently on extension my non O. It will finish on 3 April 2015. I am planing on doing the new single non O on the 16 March and I will do a re-entry permit for the extension. My questions is

1. Will I be able to get my single non O visa due to I have 19days before my extension finish.

2. If I have re-entry permit, will they used the permit when I come back on the 17 march or they will used my new visa?

I currently on extension my non O. It will finish on 3 April 2015. I am planing on doing the new single non O on the 16 March and I will do a re-entry permit for the extension. My questions is

1. Will I be able to get my single non O visa due to I have 19days before my extension finish.

2. If I have re-entry permit, will they used the permit when I come back on the 17 march or they will used my new visa?

1. visa can be issued at anytime irrespective of extensions.

2. you should not get need a re-entry permit, because you will have a new visa.

I want to get the re-entry permit just because I don't want to waste the balance of the days (cause my place to Savannakhet is pain in the as*) and where I leave I just need a 30 minutes drive to reach a border. So can give me any suggestions?

I want to get the re-entry permit just because I don't want to waste the balance of the days (cause my place to Savannakhet is pain in the as*) and where I leave I just need a 30 minutes drive to reach a border. So can give me any suggestions?

I don't think you can use a re-entry permit when having a new visa.

If you don't want to lose days, get the visa just before expiration of permit to stay.

I don't think you can use a re-entry permit when having a new visa.

If you don't want to lose days, get the visa just before expiration of permit to stay.

Thanks.. Then I won't do the permit.. I need to go by next week cause I will have something to do by end of the month till near the songkran festival..that why I ask on the re-entry permit..

Stupid question:

The earliest date to apply for a new non-o visa in Savannakhet is 30 days before the old one ends, right?!?

Have to make a 90 day run on the 5th of April, but would then apply directly for a new one, due to my actual non O ends on 30th of April.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Stupid question:

The earliest date to apply for a new non-o visa in Savannakhet is 30 days before the old one ends, right?!?

Have to make a 90 day run on the 5th of April, but would then apply directly for a new one, due to my actual non O ends on 30th of April.

Most people would wish to maximise whatever period of time their visa provides for.