Fast train BKK - Pattaya, how much can you pay maximum to use it ?

Bus costs around 150THB and takes ~2 hours so I'd be loathed to pay much more than 250, though if it was right outside my house/office then I'd easily go 300 THB to be there in an hour, 500 THB at a push.

Really I don't think it makes much sense for a journey that short. If I could get to Khon Kaen in 3 hours then I wouldn't bother with flying, so that would be an easy 1500 THB.

I wouldn't spend too much time thinking about this. Given the speed anything gets done here, all of us will be long since dead and buried before the first HSR runs in Thailand......how late was the Airport link in opening, and that was only 20km????

• Like 2

From the airport I would be very interested to get on a fast/regular train that stopped in a few convenient locations on the north of Pattaya where I could be picked up.

500 baht for a ride under an hour would suit.... I guess it could go on to Bangkok after the airport going the other way.

BKK or DMK or Bangkok, if all locations had good convenient access I would pay up to 350 baht otherwise

I would just use door to door taxi service as I currently do for 1,000- 1,100 baht.

I Think 200 Baht is the absolute limit! ( even that is expensive when the normal ordinary train from Pattaya to Bangkok is only 31 Baht )

and here is a photo that i took of the cool " Pattaya - Bangkok " Train .............

Marcus

post-193254-0-57699000-1390368555_thumb.

If SRT is involved, forget it. They would need to pay me....alot. If it was built by Chinese who have done it as a secret inter-government deal for a few million tons of rotting rice, still not convinced.

If built and set up by Japanese, Germans or French, 295 baht.

Edited by eddie61
  • Like 1