PCAD monk activist accused of insurrection

webfact

PCAD Monk Activist Accused Of Insurrection
By Khaosod English

monk.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A Buddhist group has filed legal complaint against a prominent anti-government leader who is also a Buddhist monk.

Mr. Chaithanapol Srichiwangsa and Mr. Sathien Vipromma, representatives of ′Buddhist Association′, met with Pol.Col. Prasopchoke Prommul today to file their complaint against Luang Phu Buddha Issara, a core leader of the People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD).

Luang Phu Buddha Issara has been a de facto leader of PCAD supporters at the rally site near Government Complex on Chaeng Wattana Road, and he has led numerous demonstrations wearing monk outfit.

These activities, Mr. Chaithanapol and Mr. Sathien argued, amount to acts of insurrection criminalised under Section 113 of the Thai Criminal Codes and a clear violation of Sangha Acts, which forbid monks from associating themselves with politics.

The pair also accused Luang Bhu Buddha Issara of insulting the newly-installed acting Supreme Patriarch, and of disrespecting the Sangha hierarchy.

"Luang Phu Buddha Issara has joined the rally with PCAD and has acted as one of their leaders," Mr. Chaithanapol told police, "He led the mass to shutdown many state agencies around Chaeng Wattana Road. He has caused great troubles to the public".

Apart from filing legal charges today, Mr. Chaithanapol said, his group will meet with a prelate in Nakhon Pathom province and urge him to seek disciplinary action against the activist monk.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU1ESTVPRFl5TXc9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-01-21

this is the guy who is going to lead the protests in the event that Suthep is arrested...

Then he will definitely have to resign from the monkhood.

Otherwise, how would the old ladies be able to hug the new leader, and he would also have difficulties accepting bank notes from female donors.

The Dhammakaya probably have a lot more influence now, since they have close ties with Pak Nam (their founder was originally an Abbot from this famous temple if i remember correctly), and now that the Supreme Patriarch is (was) also an Abbot at Pak Nam temple.

It will be interesting to see how the Supreme Patriarch and Buddhist council handles this but, in any case, there really is only one obvious choice, that is to disrobe him. His behaviour is clearly unacceptable.

Edited by moonao

hell yeah! best news i heard for some time.

there is no place for politics in Buddhism but he used Buddhism for cheap political gain. what an idiot.

Don't be a one sided ass.

The red shirts have monks also on their side.

Wearing monk outfits at rallies?

Yep.

1385805136-red-shirts-at-rajamangala-sta

I think the PDRC guy stands out more though because he's actually a leader, not just a protest supporter.

there is no place for politics in Buddhism but he used Buddhism for cheap political gain. what an idiot.

But he IS one sided. Just look up his other posts. Interesting the Monk had a significant Thai face but both people filing complaint really look Chinese don't they?! The “Seng Sae Ku” (เส็ง แซ่คู) ooops w00t.gif Shinawatra clan are also Chinese.... Besides that I think monks should not interfere in politics but should be creating awareness in social issues. A bit hard to separate sometimes...

• Like 1

On stage espousing overthrow of the government and leading marches or helping people in the wat hide from sniper fire?

Edited by unanimosity

But he IS one sided. Just look up his other posts. Interesting the Monk had a significant Thai face but both people filing complaint really look Chinese don't they?! The “Seng Sae Ku” (เส็ง แซ่คู) ooops w00t.gif Shinawatra clan are also Chinese.... Besides that I think monks should not interfere in politics but should be creating awareness in social issues. A bit hard to separate sometimes...

An unfortunate comment. Think about it and your comment about "Chinese".

Edited by geriatrickid