Bangkok hotels prices plummet as Bangkok's seizure continues

webfact

i'm surprised they haven't put the prices up to compensate for the lack of income!?!?!

Why are you surprised?

Prices go up if there is high demand - more demand than total supply.

When there is no demand, and lot of supply, you try to create demand by lowering your price...

Simple Economics.

go to your dictionary - look up "irony"

These rates are still high. Hotels and condos are incredibly overpriced, especially in Bangkok and the beach areas.

$100 a night for a room in a 4-5 star hotel in a destination beach resort or downtown capital (tourist) city would hardly be considered incredibly overpriced.

We're all spoiled by the fact that Bangkok and beach hotels are incredibly overbuilt and prices have been depressed as long as anyone can remember.

You forgot the fact that the Thai 4-5 star hotels are not really 4-5 stars. For 5 stars i would expect personell from a hotel-scool that speaks english and knows how to serve customers. Also the safety/hygiene in those hotels is not what i would call 4-5 star.

A bunch of marble/granite does not make a hotel a 5 star one. It takes more then that but okay for 3000 baht we can't complain to much.

And the beaches are also not that great/safe. Yet-ski's, thrash, gelly-fish, dirty pools, to name a few.

Bali gives much more value for the money but the problem there is that you will be annoyed by salespeople nonstop.

• Like 1

i'm surprised they haven't put the prices up to compensate for the lack of income!?!?!

Why are you surprised?

When there is no demand, and lot of supply, you try to create demand by lowering your price...

Simple Economics.

I think you meant Sarcasm.... and i did acknowledge that in reply to that post.... but...

What dictionary are you following.....? I recommend you to get a new one.

Edited by Nepsydaz

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why are you surprised?

Simple Economics.

I think you meant Sarcasm.... and i did acknowledge that in reply to that post.... but...

How about both of you go and look up 'semantics' and 'quibbling '

These rates are still high. Hotels and condos are incredibly overpriced, especially in Bangkok and the beach areas.

$100 a night for a room in a 4-5 star hotel in a destination beach resort or downtown capital (tourist) city would hardly be considered incredibly overpriced.

We're all spoiled by the fact that Bangkok and beach hotels are incredibly overbuilt and prices have been depressed as long as anyone can remember.

You forgot the fact that the Thai 4-5 star hotels are not really 4-5 stars. For 5 stars i would expect personell from a hotel-scool that speaks english and knows how to serve customers. Also the safety/hygiene in those hotels is not what i would call 4-5 star.

A bunch of marble/granite does not make a hotel a 5 star one. It takes more then that but okay for 3000 baht we can't complain to much.

And the beaches are also not that great/safe. Yet-ski's, thrash, gelly-fish, dirty pools, to name a few.

Bali gives much more value for the money but the problem there is that you will be annoyed by salespeople nonstop.

Absolutely! A 5-star hotel in Thailand is AT BEST equivalent to a 3-star in the West, and that's if it's international name brand. If it's an independent "5-star hotel" (all hotels in Thailand being self-rated), they are more like 2-star in some Western cities. Then again, in Thailand the restaurant "Sizzler" is viewed as being gourmet dining; even KFC is slightly upscale, considering a meal will cost you 200 baht in there as opposed to max. 50 baht from a street food cart which is where the majority of Thais eat from.

Oh not all Thai eat from streetcarts, they eat with mummy who has to cook and babysit.

Haha Sizzlers is gourmet? Well i like it but it is just normal food to me, the meat is nothing special but for Thai it might be very hi-so to get a steak and a knife!

Yes hotels are not 5 star, no way. The personell comes straight out of Isan and has never learned how to deal with spoiled farang. These days the prices are not cheap anymore and i really think the quality has to be improved to meet that price.

When we go out with thai friends in BKK a meal costs 500 a person normally, with some beer and seafood and share everything. Can also be more then 500 but that's mainly for the alcohol.

I asked my wife yesterday if she knows a real Michelinstar restaurant in Bangkok but she doesn't know one. I wonder if they are here at all. Not that i like that kind of food but just to know if the Thai can reach that standard.

Absolutely! A 5-star hotel in Thailand is AT BEST equivalent to a 3-star in the West, and that's if it's international name brand. If it's an independent "5-star hotel" (all hotels in Thailand being self-rated), they are more like 2-star in some Western cities. Then again, in Thailand the restaurant "Sizzler" is viewed as being gourmet dining; even KFC is slightly upscale, considering a meal will cost you 200 baht in there as opposed to max. 50 baht from a street food cart which is where the majority of Thais eat from.

I feel these replies ate misguided. Some of the 5 star hotels are rated amongst the best in the world. Peninsula... Shangri la.. Others too.

I have stayed in the Ritz Paris.. Not up,to,par of some TOURIST OR BUSINESS 5 star hotels I Bangkok...Eastin grand sathornand anantara sathorn,to give you examples

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>How about both of you go and look up 'semantics' and 'quibbling '

haha you clown.... funny.

Why are you surprised?

Simple Economics.

As I suspected, you didn't understand the post then, and you don't now....i meant irony.