I'll tell you why

yourauntbob

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A study over recent years indicates and confirms the way a society conducts themselves and behaves socially in general thinking is a direct indication on how they behave and act on the roads.

Well done. Your peer reviewed study by a qualified scientist (with references) is irrefutable.

Oh wait.

• Like 1

The OP has found and stays with a beautiful wife,and he is very lucky.There are real "gems" out there just waiting to be found and it can make all the difference to being happy or unhappy here.

Thai culture is here to be "understood" not changed.When we come to live here we should accept this and mold ourselves around this.This way can help us be happy here.

On the other hand if we have landed ourselves in an unhappy relationship this can sour our view of everything else here in thailand.

Just my 2 bobs worth.

• Like 2

The OP has found and stays with a beautiful wife,and he is very lucky.There are real "gems" out there just waiting to be found and it can make all the difference to being happy or unhappy here.

Thai culture is here to be "understood" not changed.When we come to live here we should accept this and mold ourselves around this.This way can help us be happy here.

On the other hand if we have landed ourselves in an unhappy relationship this can sour our view of everything else here in thailand.

Just my 2 bobs worth.

You've hit the nail on the head!

Life anywhere is a question of balance.

When the negative out weighs the positive, it's time for a change.

In the OP's case and in many of our cases, one huge positive outweighs a lot of little negatives.

This thread is spot on.

as usual, the condo buyer who is so inconvenienced by those struggling for a decent life...is way off target.

• Like 1

Wow, great! All except the last paragraph. Sounds to me like you have found a subservient, house servant rather than a wife. So I can only gather she is the exact opposite of your previous spouse. Thus you enjoy living here?

Maybe I am reading too much into this but you have less a marriage, but more a owner/servant relationship. But if it works for you excellent, and I fully agree it is a good reason to be living here.

Cheers.

Wow, great! All except the last paragraph. Sounds to me like you have found a subservient, house servant rather than a wife. So I can only gather she is the exact opposite of your previous spouse. Thus you enjoy living here?

Maybe I am reading too much into this but you have less a marriage, but more a owner/servant relationship. But if it works for you excellent, and I fully agree it is a good reason to be living here.

Cheers.

I have come to Thailand and I have found June Cleaver --

june-cleaver.jpg

• Like 1

Quote: "This brings me to another thing about Thai culture that drives me up a wall, the school system. Here in Thailand, school is meant to be fun! No need for hard work, or critical thinking, just smile and show up (late mind you) and we will move you right along. Actually, don’t ask the teacher any questions because that means you’re a) dumb, cool.png not listening. Talk about setting up a person to fail later in life."

I've always believed (and still do) that the reason questions usually are not asked or in some cases even allowed in class is that it would cause the teacher--not the student--to lose face. If questioned, it means that the teacher is not doing her or his job properly. She is the elder, the one to be respected, of course, and she has gone to a university. To ask a question that the teacher may be unprepared to answer would be embarrassing for all.

But the result is the same, i.e., the student is not allowed to live up to his or her potential, which is a disservice to society.

What school in Thailand does not allow questions?

Cheers.

Yes, maybe you are....but that's ok. I read something refreshing from the OP, in his last Paragraph.

The last paragraph, sums it up....for me too... I, like you, have the same assessment of Thailand as well.

P.S. the fridge always has the Mars Bars at the readythumbsup.gif

You made it to the last paragraph?

First paragraph summed up well, some good some bad, but mostly good so we take the bad with the good.

Then I look below and I see a page of more stuff, all words, no pictures.

That's where you lost me,

I have a poster in my office, it says

"You made your point. now shut up, anything you say from now on can only hurt you"

on that spirit, I am shutting up.

• Like 1

See the thing about Thailand is it needs to be Thailand, I think the Thai people cater enough to foreign needs and with open arms.

Honestly it helps both sides out, it brings the Thai people money and a new experience for foreigners.

Learn to adapt to the culture and suck it up if your having a bad day. Thai people as a whole will always be Thai people there is no changing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Just my 2 bobs worth.

i realize i cant change it, this is why i post about it. to vent, to get it off my chest, to keep myself from getting to the point i overflow with rage. that was the whole point of this post, "why do people stay in thailand if they like to complain so much"

• Like 1

Yourauntbob, can you honestly tell me Thai makes Indian food seem 'bland and dull', and that you get no kick from Szechuan cuisine ?

a bit of exaggeration.... i was trying to make a point.

and i do think indian food has plenty of flavor.

Well done, Yourauntbob. Points well made.

Although you've left out what the true source of problems is in this country, which is that men aren't taught to act responsibly and women are taught to live with it. A lot of men in their 30's and 40's behave like teenagers and that is the main reason why this country is going nowhere.

What you have mentioned is true, but they are merely charming cultural quirks to me.