Pop star Justin Bieber arrested for DUI while Drag Racing

News_Editor

By James Valles

MIAMI BEACH, FLORIDA (BNO NEWS) -- Pop star Justin Bieber was arrested early Thursday morning on suspicion of driving under the influence while drag racing in Florida, police said. He was later released on $2,500 bail for charges that also included resisting arrest without violence.

Police spokesman Bobby Hernandez said the 19-year-old singer was behind the wheel of a yellow Lamborghini and appeared to show "signs of impairment" after drag racing a red Ferrari in a residential area of Miami Beach, a city on a small island about 5 miles (8 kilometers) east of Miami.

Miami Beach Police Chief Raymond Martinez later told reporters that, after Bieber was taken into police custody, he made statements in which he admitted to drinking some alcohol, smoking marijuana and consuming prescription medication. Bieber was also driving with a driver's license that expired in June 2013.

In a police report, officers said they observed two vehicles driving in a residential area of Miami Beach while two black SUV appeared to top traffic. "This facilitated an open road for the two [vehicles] to race. Officer Cosner then made a u-turn and began traveling northbound to catch up to the vehicles," according to the arrest report.

Cosner estimated that both vehicles reached speeds up to 55 to 60 miles (88 to 96 kilometers) per hour in a 30 miles (48 kilometers) per hour area. "I caught up to the yellow Lamborghini and initiated a traffic stop," said Officer Fulgencio Medina, who was called for assistance by Cosner.

When Medina approached the vehicle, Bieber asked why he had been stopped, after which the officer informed him that he had been seen drag racing. "I immediately smelled an odor of alcohol emanating from the driver's breath and bloodshot eyes. The driver had slow deliberate movements and a stuper look on his face," he said. "These are all indicators of an impaired driver."

When the officer asked Bieber to exit the vehicle because he suspected him to be impaired, the singer began using expletives. "Why the f* are you doing this?" Bieber asked before exiting his Lamborghini while going through his pants pockets, which raised Medina's concern for a possible weapon.

"Fearing that the driver might have a weapon or contraband, I asked the driver to place his hands on his vehicle in order to facilitate a cursory patdown for weapons," Medina said in the report. "The driver stated: 'What the f* did I do? Why did you stop me?" Again I asked the driver to place his hands on his vehicle."

Bieber then complied with the order but took his hands off the vehicle soon after, when he allegedly turned around to face the officer. When being told again to keep his hands on the vehicle for a patdown, Bieber allegedly said: "I ain't got no f* weapons, why do you have to search me? What the f is this about?"

The pop star was then told that, if he continued to take his hands off the vehicle, he would be subject to arrest. "The driver again turned around to face me. At this time, I grabbed his right hand and stated to him that he was under arrest," Medina said. "The driver began to resist by pulling his right arm away as he stated: 'What the f* are you doing?' I advised the driver not to resist and with the assistance of Officer Molinda and Officer Socarras we placed him into custody with no further incident."

Bieber was then transported to the Miami Beach Police Departmen (MBPD), and while en-route allegedly told an officer that he was coming back from recording music and that he was not drunk. "Once at the MBPD holding facility, officer Dionne observed [defendant] to have a flushed face, bloodshot eyes, and the odor of an [alcoholic beverage] on his breath," officers said.

Bieber, dressed in an orange jail uniform, later made an initial court appearance and stood silently as his bail was set at $2,500 for one count of Resisting Arrest Without Violence, one count of Driving Under the Influence, and one count of Expired Driver's License Exceeding 6 Months.

The singer is already under investigation in a felony vandalism case that is pending in California, where he lives, after allegedly tossing eggs over a fence, splattering it onto his neighbor's house and causing an estimated $20,000 in damages. Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies used a felony search warrant last week to enter Bieber's home to collect evidence. They seized Bieber's iPhone and the security camera system.

(Copyright 2014 by BNO News B.V. All rights reserved. Info: [email protected].)

Nothing normal, he goes around being a cock and hides behind his bodyguards.

Any other kid his age would probably have had a pasting or two by now and learned their lesson.

Hopefully his fellow cons will give him a bit of education, but they'll probably all be starstruck.

I'd give the little runt a slap.

• Like 1

The BAC was 0.014 less than 1 beer.

It seems that the MPD has lived up to its reputation of questionable police reports and embellishment.

Trivia: According to the CBC, Justin Bieber held the record for the most suspensions for improper behaviour in his hockey league when he was a kid playing in Stratford, He was always a scrapper and an "in your face" kind of kid. I suppose if one had the type of parents he did, it was to be expected.

He has my empathy but no sympathy. Growing up isn't always easy and most of us hit a few bumps in the road.

I hope he can get himself sorted out.

growing up is learning about the difference between right and wrong. How can he possibly do that when his own father , who should be a guiding force at that age was there, aiding and abetting him and blocking off the road

why doesn't the article mentioned that?

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/entertainment/justin-biebers-father-helped-block-road-drag-race-arrest

He's a young man. Young men have a tendency to get into a fair amount of mischief. Some of you may have forgotten your youth.

Sure. But somehow I can't remember being a young international pop star.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

The BAC was 0.014 less than 1 beer.

It seems that the MPD has lived up to its reputation of questionable police reports and embellishment.

Trivia: According to the CBC, Justin Bieber held the record for the most suspensions for improper behaviour in his hockey league when he was a kid playing in Stratford, He was always a scrapper and an "in your face" kind of kid. I suppose if one had the type of parents he did, it was to be expected.

Embellishment? He had dope in his system and ingested Xanax and that codeine sizzurp crap that all of the rapper hoods have been taking as of late. True, he only drank 1 beer, and that is reported, but he was stoned from the other substances. Even absent the narcotics and dope, he was DUI with one beer as he is below 21 and that is the law.

This poor dude is just weird and even stranger looking. He is like some loser wanna be Vanilla Ice lok-a-like and that look didn't work out to well for Ice back in the 90s when that awful look and worse clothes were somewhat in fashion. From what I hear from clients, this poor guy is about the absolute dumbest person in the entertainment industry.

Edited by F430murci
  • Like 2