NSPTR Leader Killed During Election Blockade Rally

Lite Beer

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One side claims the right to protest while another side claim the right to vote. Both side is correct to claim their rights, but problem will arise when their rights is taken from them, depending on which side you are on.

My parent taught me from young that I myself will be solely responsible for any consequence of any action I took, because I made the choice to take that action.

A very sad day that another life was taken and I hope that no one else life needs to be taken again, whichever side they are supporting.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

To the yanks and you have the most experience with this. What happened during the Race and anti Vietnam riots.

Bring in the military as a caretaker government set up a reform group of non political people.

I am not a yank, but I´m pretty sure that they didn´t bring in the US Army as caretaker government in the 60ies...

No but again you are missing the point,

If you are a brit let me ask you this.

If the British people decided that they did not trust either governemtn both were found to be corrupt and not worthy of being in power. What would the queen do?

Never happen???? OK think american revolution.

Corrupt politicians, heavy taxes that benefited the wealthy brits, government was not looking out for the people. Or India remember a guy named Ghandi?

Whyd did this protest start? Corrupt politician in Dubai

Except Suthep's own land deals brought down a whole government when Thaksin was still a political nobody. (You can also google "suthep palm oil" for more info on your "Gandhi" like anti-corruption champion.)

A power grab that is not met with the approval of the people is not called a revolution, it's called a coup.

• Like 1

All the red lovers in T.V. will now be happy - of course it was Suthep's own people who did it - just ask a red and bear in mind they never lie

So what`s it to you as a foreigner? You can not have any official say in this anyhow, unless you are one of anti Government protesters trying to gain sympathy and support from abroad?

My only interests as an ex-pat living in Thailand is that whoever gains power continues to allow me to live my life in the Kingdom without harassment and to plod on as I have always done.

About 11 people have now died in this dispute, and for what? All I want to see is a quick resolution and no more violence, and that`s all that should be concerning ex-pats at the moment without taking sides in these affairs.

Hear-hear. Well said that man.

• Like 1

Finally, now Suthep will see the damage he has done to his country in his effort to gain leadership other than the ballot box. Shame on this terrible excuse of a man.

Finally, now Suthep will see the damage he has done to his country

If he lives that long ?Many a clean shot perch in old Bangkok town.

Are you wishing for more bloodshed? Has there not been enough death already?

• Like 2

Here we go again, farangs who know little of the underlying issues here giving expert opinion and advice. I see nearly every educated or socially independent leader in Thailand is calling for electoral reform. Hard to win power when the majority of seats have been electorally allocated in such a way that geographically it favours one party. If this country is going to rise and remove the levels of corruption then it needs a transparent system thats stops the like of people driving into my wives family's village today and offering 1000 baht a red vote. The peoples council sets the new rules for both sides, no more PM's changing laws when selling company's only to change them back the next day, no more family being let off and not facing trial, no more grenade attacks and intimidation. The 300 people today went there unarmed and without yellow shirt guards. My wives friends who are all professionals and are involved in the reform movement say word from yellow shirt head quarters is the Army are ready to role in the next week. Next blockade will be in much stronger numbers. This is not about blocking people voting but having a level playing field for the election.

• Like 2

For all you posters who are PTP lovers.

Law and order, the same today as is on any day, couldn't care less on the whole.

Message to the absent P.M. Where are your police?? Why are the not around when these events take place, this route and venue chosen was well known and therefore up to the police to be present.

Oh forgot it was their day off--weekend. Most of the probs here is inefficient policing, on these matters and everyday matters. Glaring example was the absents of the bib in 2010. hence the army had to be called in to end the mob.

• Like 1

There is a huge difference between 2 men fighting for 2 very different things. In the Ukraine, Klitschko is among the protesters, even at the very front of the fights with police. He is fighting for Democracy, calling for elections. Suthep on the other hand is currently in a safe house according to the latest media reports, hoping his supporters will make a power grab for him and is not afraid of causing a civil war in order to prevent elections. Two men, one a hero, one a coward.

So in the Ukraine it is right to fight an democratic elected government.

In Thailand it is wrong to fight an not so democratic elected government.

How is it not so democratic, they won the election, in fact have won all for the last 20 years.

Preventing people voting is of course very democratic.

I don't condone the violence, but this was started by Suthep, nobody else.

Pathetic knowledge of events

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That is your opinion to which you are entitled.

Interestingly the vast majority of my Thai friends and family agree with what I said. As do many on this thread by the way.

Personally I tend to listen to what my Thai family/friends think than people who can just quote "pathetic" without a counter arguement. No doubt the amnesty bill.

People on both side are crazy. This will not be the end only the beginning. Death means nothing to these people.

If the police did their job this event would not have taken place. Suthep made it well known that Protesters will illegally block voting venues to prevent people from voting while promising not to block those same venues. The police under a state of emergency were tasked to provide public safety at the polls and they did not. Suthep made it well known that he does not recognize the state of emergency that would have limited the protests at polling venues to five persons-not enough to be feared or blocking. But the police also made it known that they would not follow their responsibilities to enforce the state of emergency.

• Like 1

For all you posters who are PTP lovers.

Law and order, the same today as is on any day, couldn't care less on the whole.

Message to the absent P.M. Where are your police?? Why are the not around when these events take place, this route and venue chosen was well known and therefore up to the police to be present.

Oh forgot it was their day off--weekend. Most of the probs here is inefficient policing, on these matters and everyday matters. Glaring example was the absents of the bib in 2010. hence the army had to be called in to end the mob.

Remind me who was the PM in 2010?

All the red lovers in T.V. will now be happy - of course it was Suthep's own people who did it - just ask a red and bear in mind they never lie

Yes , this sounds a moderate and just summation of those who believe in slow and democratic change at the ballot box over the self appointment by ONE MAN as corrupt as those he accuses.

Such rhetoric shows what a sensible and thinking man you are.

Killing someone is always wrong but are we surprised it happens when this is what happens when wanting to vote?

M4np0Ab.jpg

is that a red shirt guy?

The guy with a whistle round his neck (on the right) is wearing a red shirt cap ! so it looks like it's staged

That's a communist cap and the guy with the red on his wrist, did you notice the other two colours also? Red White and Blue actually are the colours of the Thai flag and all the anti government people are wearing them. Just because they wear the flag or the colours of the flag which includes red does not make them redshirts.

Any one who choses to attempt to stop a free man's God given right to vote, places his person in danger of violence reprisal,

Why is the Army not out to protect a Thai citizens right to vote. do they represent the rich elite or all the rest of the people of this great country.

Suthep has another of his flock, dispatched, to try to provoke a coup!

DEP,

Kikoman (I love your soi sauce), the assassination was on a person on a truck, open to every person,just saying his opinion. Is it now a capital offense in Thailand to openly state your opinion? Is this the type of Democracy Yingluck supports?

I have met Caretaker YL in the past, I highly doubt this is what she wants.

So what`s it to you as a foreigner? You can not have any official say in this anyhow, unless you are one of anti Government protesters trying to gain sympathy and support from abroad?

My only interests as an ex-pat living in Thailand is that whoever gains power continues to allow me to live my life in the Kingdom without harassment and to plod on as I have always done.

About 11 people have now died in this dispute, and for what? All I want to see is a quick resolution and no more violence, and that`s all that should be concerning ex-pats at the moment without taking sides in these affairs.

Hear-hear. Well said that man.

Quite a selfish view, normally paraphrased as "I'm alright, Jack!"

Some of us have wives and children who will continue to live long after our death. Forgive me if I wish them the best life possible.

• Like 1

Killing someone is always wrong but are we surprised it happens when this is what happens when wanting to vote?

M4np0Ab.jpg

is that a red shirt guy?

Your not too smart are you

He is wearing a blue shirt and wanting to vote

Actually I'm a red supporter but that photo looks awefully staged to me...ermm.gif

• Like 2

Politics=violence always and everywhere It's the grab for the gun of the state. The idea that violence with majority approval is good, is wrong. The state are just people, with a monopoly on violence. Like explained by Tolkien in Lord of the Ring, no one is suited to wear the ring of power. It has to be thrown in mount doom.

If you refuse the will of the elites with the magical monopoly on force, they will kill you, always and everywhere. It remains a modern form of slavery. Hand over your productivity or die.

Seems more videos are surfacing on Facebook taken from surrounding condos.

The Mrs just showed me one of the police telling the reds to go away, not arresting them as they should.

Seems one of the reds who says he was part of the attack group has posted on facebook that he hopes all the injured dies.

Pathetic knowledge of events

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That is your opinion to which you are entitled.

Interestingly the vast majority of my Thai friends and family agree with what I said. As do many on this thread by the way.

Personally I tend to listen to what my Thai family/friends think than people who can just quote "pathetic" without a counter arguement. No doubt the amnesty bill.

Suppose you go with the flow, or you will be out of favour at home. Would not like to be in a position if I had to knuckle under. suppose also that your Thai family have been ecstatic over this last 3 years of control freak government and all your family have benefitted from them all being rich in the first 6 months under the P.M.

Seems more videos are surfacing on Facebook taken from surrounding condos.

The Mrs just showed me one of the police telling the reds to go away, not arresting them as they should.

Seems one of the reds who says he was part of the attack group has posted on facebook that he hopes all the injured dies.

Before or after the clash?