Ok, loaded question! How in my face in the sex problems in Thailand?

kanela

Ok, Please be gentle!!! My husband and I will be moving to Thailand/Cambodia within the next 6 months and we would like to know just how bad the sex industry is. Is it going to be up in our face no matter where in Thailand we go? We have no interest in being around this aspect of Thailand and I am trying to get a feel for how widespread and aggressive it is. What I mean by aggressive is am I going to see it everywhere? Do they push themselves on you? Can I live without seeing it everywhere?

I do realize there are places one must stay away from if one wants to avoid these things. I am trying to find out is it everywhere? Please I can do without the insults.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In Thailand it's in your face if you live In Pattaya, Patong in Phuket, one or two very small and localised areas in Bkk, Loy Khroh Rd in Chiang Mai, and a few other places.

It's almost never aggressive despite the sensationalist reports in the press. Thailand has around 16 million tourists every year and every year a small percentage hit the headlines.

Yes, everywhere you go, it cannot be avoided. Same as kangaroos roaming the streets in Sydney.

Surely there are places one can go and not have to deal with that sort of thing?

Yeah, most countries outside Australia don't suffer from the Kangaroo plague.

• Like 1

I'll echo the above, unless you choose to live near the tourist traps you'll never know, where do you anticipate residing?

After living in northern BKK for some years I only discovered we actually have a local knocking-shop when my wife pointed it out to me (why she chose to tell me I still don't know).

We thought we would start in Chiang Mai then later to Chanthaburi.

Less than 1% (a lot less) of Chiang Mai by area is devoted to the bar-girl / gogo business. In Chanthaburi it's closer to 0%.

In Pattaya, by contrast, it's probably 70% of the central area, but often feels like 99%.

Don't worry, you'll survive.

Yes, everywhere you go, it cannot be avoided. Same as kangaroos roaming the streets in Sydney.

Surely there are places one can go and not have to deal with that sort of thing?
Kanela, I believe Cashpower is being ironic - kangaroos are not usually seen in Sydney.
they have been driven out by the koalas!!
  • Like 1

Stay away from Pattaya and Patong beach in Phuket as everywhere you go sex will be in your face. Most Thai cities have areas that offer male entertainment but you really have to go to the area and enter the establishment.

If you have taken care of yourself and you are in shape and have a strong marriage there is little to worry about. On the other hand, if you are a pain in the as- and left yourself go this may be the end of your relationship. It is a man's world in Thailand and just about any man can find a much younger and sharply Thai lady to keep them company. I would say that many men who would otherwise never cheat will end up doing so in Thailand. It is just too easy and the selection of candy in the candy store is too big.

If you can look the other way and not worry about what your husband is doing it just might set a new spark in your relationship. He will be dreaming of the lovely Thai bird when taking care of your needs.

This I am sure not what you want to hear but I think it is on target with what goes on here.

Good luck !

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Good honest assesment that mirrors my own, sex is not that much out in the open here (unless you look for it). But there will be normal Thai girls hunting for him as he is presumed rich. Its a mans world here and easy to get girls so you better be in a rock steady relation.

• Like 2