Siem Reap to Mor Chit by International Bus

Finlaco

Hi

Anyone done this trip recently? Whats the cost, duration, where to buy the ticket at source and any issues/scams when crossing into Thailand.

I'm flying from BKK to PP, but am unsure of my return date, so bus might be a better option.

I know of the 'issues' at the border when crossing into Cambodia but not in the other direction.

Thanks

just grab a taxi from sr to the border, 2-2 1/2 hours ( apx $50 for the car or $12/seat) than hop a tuk tuk to the train station, 15 minutes and train back to Bangkok 5 hour sor so

For the intenational bus just ask when ur in SR as things may change

easy to leave,no scams BUT dont arrive when the bus does as then there to many people ( good reason to go by taxi)

Theres no problem when leaving Cambodia. Get the taxi to take you as close as possible. They like to not go too close. The Thai side are doing some construction but just follow the signs. Plenty of onward transport in Aran, taxi, bus, train....................mini bus.

Before you fly to PP give the Transport Company a call on 1490 to check that the service is still running. http://home.transport.co.th/en.html . The bus was being run by Nattakarn bus company

67012_4486833298445_272453223_n.jpg

The BKK to PP bus was cancelled last June due to insufficient pax numbers and though the SR bus had good numbers I'd want to confirm that it is still running daily if I was you.

There was a problem last April May with the Cambodian Immigration charging bus pax a surcharge of 80 baht (both ways repoprtedly) but the Thai Minister made some noise about it at the time, http://www.manager.co.th/iBizchannel/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=9560000055397 so hopefully that ceased.

Pls do a trip report if you can as it is of benefit to others. I'd also love to know the current pax numbers and journey time.

I have taken the Siem Reap to Mo Chit bus twice in the last 6 months. It has always been full - so I suggest you book as soon as you are sure of the date. I have enver been shaken down on the bus for any extra funds and have found the bus to be reliable and convenient.

The only small negative is that when the bus does arrive at Mo Chit there is a huge number of taxi drivers trying to get non-metered fares into the city - which I guess is par for the course at train stations and bus depots. Just walk past them and their is a metered taxi queue 50 meters from the bus stop.

Hi Ked

Thats nice to know

In my OP, I asked 'What's the cost, duration, where to buy the ticket at source and any issues/scams when crossing into Thailand'

Do you remember the cost of the bus and where you purchased the ticket from? Do you remember the departure times etc...

I appreciate the reply

http://www.tripadvis...p_Province.html

the fare is USD 28 - I bought them directly from the bus company - it is located near the KFC on Sivatha Road which is also where the bus departs from Siem Reap at 8 AM. It is about 1 KM away from Pub Street.

It takes about 2 1/2 hours to the Cambodia/Thai border and about 1 hour for all the passengers to go throught Cambodian / Thai customs and then another 3 1/2 to 4 to Mo Chit and arrives Mo Chit around 3:30 to 4 PM.

I haven't had any issues about scams or shake-downs.

hope this helps.

http://www.tripadvis...p_Province.html

the fare is USD 28 - I bought them directly from the bus company - it is located near the KFC on Sivatha Road which is also where the bus departs from Siem Reap at 8 AM. It is about 1 KM away from Pub Street.

It takes about 2 1/2 hours to the Cambodia/Thai border and about 1 hour for all the passengers to go throught Cambodian / Thai customs and then another 3 1/2 to 4 to Mo Chit and arrives Mo Chit around 3:30 to 4 PM.

I haven't had any issues about scams or shake-downs.

hope this helps.

Thanks for linking the tripadvisor reports , some good info there for others.

Most seem to report a 8am departure and arriving at Mo Chit between 3:15pm and 4pm which accords with your times - a fairly good trip time considering the border crossing.

On the taxi front at Mo Chit, yes always use the taxi rank at the rear though I have always just walked straight out to Kampaeng Phet 2 rd and flag a taxi.

For those wishing to get around to the BTS or MRT walk a few mins to the large BMTA Bus station (just south and adjacent) where you can take numerous buses down Kampaneg Phet 2 rd (to JJ market then Phahonyothin rd) and the BTS & MRT.

• 2 weeks later...

Before you fly to PP give the Transport Company a call on 1490 to check that the service is still running. http://home.transport.co.th/en.html . The bus was being run by Nattakarn bus company

The BKK to PP bus was cancelled last June due to insufficient pax numbers and though the SR bus had good numbers I'd want to confirm that it is still running daily if I was you.

There was a problem last April May with the Cambodian Immigration charging bus pax a surcharge of 80 baht (both ways repoprtedly) but the Thai Minister made some noise about it at the time, http://www.manager.co.th/iBizchannel/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=9560000055397 so hopefully that ceased.

Pls do a trip report if you can as it is of benefit to others. I'd also love to know the current pax numbers and journey time.

Wrong - the Phnom Penh bus is running again. I've seen it numerous times recently. Check the transport company website.

Also, the Siem Reap bus runs twice daily - both departures are in the morning, spaced only one hour apart.

Edited by Tomtomtom69

Wrong - the Phnom Penh bus is running again. I've seen it numerous times recently. Check the transport company website.

Also, the Siem Reap bus runs twice daily - both departures are in the morning, spaced only one hour apart.

It is not wrong to state that the PP was cancelled last June due to low pax numbers as it was, that is a fact. And the website is not much use for most, better to call and check as was suggested at the start of the previous post.

It is good news that it is running again since Dec for the high season according to the Transport Company. It departs at 8:30am.

Interesting also that there is now two SR services, 8:30am & 9:30am departure. Again, 2nd bus is for the high season so it may not continue beyond May.

thanks for all the information - As i said in the OP, I'm flying BKK to PP

I have now decided that I will return to Thailand via Pailin (near Battambang) after 22 days of doing Cambodia

but Ankor Wat is still on my list to do and I will be back to Siem Reap soon

again thanks and lets keep the discourse civil

• 3 weeks later...