Court Sentences Gunman To Execution

Rimmer

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be better if he rot in jail for the rest of is life than a quick execution. Either way he wont be able to kill again.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"Either way he wont be able to kill again." Really? How many guys sentanced to jail for life or even 20 years for killing someone have broken out of jail and killed again or killled guards or other inmates in jail. A lot! Excute them then not have to worry about them killing again.

• Like 1

Capital Punishment in fact does not deter crime of any sort or magnitude.

Death is instant and therefore freedom of the conscious. It may satisfy the victims families

and some "eye for an eye" mentality here on TV and in the world. It truth Capital Punishment gives the criminal closure

and in the long term never gives the families complete solace after all their loved ones are still gone.

Life without parole or pardons seems a much more sever punishment than death.

Just wondering were you got your information On the FACT that capital punishment does not deter crime ?

I look at Singapore for example that has capital punishment and has a police force and judiciary that take their work seriously and I see their crime rate last year fell to the lowest for 29 years . In FACT Singapore has one of the lowest crime rates in the world . They also use the rattan which is also another great deterrent for crime .

• Like 1

He behaved like an animal - just that justify the state doing so as well?

He did not behave like an animal rolleyes.gif . He behaved like a cold blooded murderer who knew what he was doing, a very big difference.

In any case, if an out of control dog kills a human it is put to sleep, no question.

If a cop was at the scene of this incident at the time, the shooter would have been shot on the spot.

Capital punishment is wrong and barbaric no matter the crime. It will be a great day when Thailand join the ranks of countries that abolishes the death sentence.

Doogooders like you are responsible for a lot of $#ite happening in this world. Someone who kills two people in cold blood in front of witnesses and dances away thinking that he's untouchable, needs to be taken down to set an example to the rest instead of being fed and accommodated on taxpayers' money, or otherwise been thrown in a Gulag where such criminals have to work 12 hours a day until they eventually die.

Same goes for that child rapist and murderer who already had a chance given by a judge (who must be a dogooder like you) with a mere 3years 8months jail sentence after raping and strangling another girl some years ago. So what did he do after his release? Raping 10 and killing at least 4 of those unfortunate children... What that animal deserves is not mercy, no, he deserves being ripped to pieces by the kid's parents and relatives in front of the biggest audience they will possibly be able to gather, so that other, similar crooks can see first hand what will happen to them if they lay hands on another child.

What people like you need to understand is that some humans are simply bad and that nothing, no psychiatrist, no "good Samaritan" will be able to change and rewire their brain to all of a sudden change them to the better. Some people are animals and always will be - they need to be taken down as such.

You will think very different, Mr. Examinator, after one of your beloved family members has been shot dead or was raped, I am sure of that. Take off your pink colored glasses and start to face reality; and the reality is that there is something wrong with human nature (Gary Clail) and doogooders like you will never change that, but relentless and unforgiving justice for murderers can at least assure that such monsters will have no chance to repeat their dirty deeds after being caught.

• Like 1

Capital punishment is wrong and barbaric no matter the crime. It will be a great day when Thailand join the ranks of countries that abolishes the death sentence.

Doogooders like you are responsible for a lot of $#ite happening in this world. Someone who kills two people in cold blood in front of witnesses and dances away thinking that he's untouchable, needs to be taken down to set an example to the rest instead of being fed and accommodated on taxpayers' money, or otherwise been thrown in a Gulag where such criminals have to work 12 hours a day until they eventually die.

Same goes for that child rapist and murderer who already had a chance given by a judge (who must be a dogooder like you) with a mere 3years 8months jail sentence after raping and strangling another girl some years ago. So what did he do after his release? Raping 10 and killing at least 4 of those unfortunate children... What that animal deserves is not mercy, no, he deserves being ripped to pieces by the kid's parents and relatives in front of the biggest audience they will possibly be able to gather, so that other, similar crooks can see first hand what will happen to them if they lay hands on another child.

What people like you need to understand is that some humans are simply bad and that nothing, no psychiatrist, no "good Samaritan" will be able to change and rewire their brain to all of a sudden change them to the better. Some people are animals and always will be - they need to be taken down as such.

You will think very different, Mr. Examinator, after one of your beloved family members has been shot dead or was raped, I am sure of that. Take off your pink colored glasses and start to face reality; and the reality is that there is something wrong with human nature (Gary Clail) and doogooders like you will never change that, but relentless and unforgiving justice for murderers can at least assure that such monsters will have no chance to repeat their dirty deeds after being caught.

There is no evidence to support capital punishment is a deterrent to murder/rape etc etc

Feel free to produce real info from a proper country to disavow me of my stance

It would be better if he rot in jail for the rest of is life than a quick execution. Either way he wont be able to kill again.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'll only agree if I don't have to pay for the long, drawn out wait for what is not an option; namely... death.

How you idealists want to care for them is not my concern; but do not (DO NOT) expect me to give one fig or satang for their keeping.

Do that, and I'll support your no-death clause. Do not expect me to pay taxes to support the care and maintenance of the animal that rapes and murders little kids, or murders and dances like a lunatic.

Here. I don't want this. If you don't take it, I am going to burn it down, and that is my right. When this thing killed my loved one, it became mine. I now own it. But I'll let you have it as long as you keep it away from me, because if I see it again, I am going to burn it down, and anything near it.

And if you come to me the next day, after I have cleared my tears, and ask for me to contribute to the care and maintenance for the thing that killed my loved one, I am going to burn you down.

Fair enough?

That is how I feel about it, and that is the only way I will ever agree with you idealists.

Uhm - sorry - but did anyone actually read the wonderfully written article in Pattaya Daily News? There isn't a word about "execution" there - it says "...the judgment that sentenced Mr. Yossaphon to prison for 6 months in the allegation of carrying a gun and murder". Only in the headline does it say "Court sentences gunman to execution" - what goes???

Horrible writing, yes, but did you read the whole thing? I wish I could read this story in real English somewhere else.

But look at the bottom of paragraph two:

"...also he acted in a way to ridicule the law without being fearful for his offence by walking and dancing after murdering the 2 victims therefore the court sentenced to punish him with execution."

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2014/01/28/court-sentences-gunman-to-execution/

Okay - I admit to being overwhelmed by the way the article was written... I guess we must assume that the was first sentenced to 6 months and subsequently to death by a higher court - or something.

It's very poorly written as it seems a rough translation rather than "writing," but I would hazard a guess that they were trying to say he got 6 months for the gun charge and sentenced to death for the murder.

Let's say you had a wife and kid. Some guy thinks he'll rape, torture and slice them up. It is later revealed they suffered for hours.

And you wouldn't want to see the guy die?

I personally believe that ending the Death Sentences is what encourages Barbaric acts like we saw in London with the Hacking Death of an off duty Soldier and there are many more in many Countries.

I have never been one way or the other , but in an instance like this YEAH . He Danced , give me a break !

coffee1.gif

Abolition of the death sentence is an absolutely must. None of us have the right to take another person's life, not even the State, on our behalf.

I do believe we need much more effective life sentences. As in all of life, to remove the possibility of the murderer re-commiting the offence.

Never to be released should mean that. Life in many countries is 20-25, out in 10 for good behaviour.

Life in exile on a prison island, used to be the punishment. Inescapable, rendered out of our harms way.

Real duration of life, would be a realistic deterrent.

Nevertheless, one would fail to feel sorry for this bloke. No matter what happened to him.

I have no problems agreeing with you idealists as long as you cease and desist trying to convert me into believing that I must pay for the care and maintenance of your "pet projects".

The ideologically stupid interpretations of idealists is that they feel everyone should help out and foot the bill for their crazy and unrealistic view of a perfect world.

So, we are agreed, but as I stated prior, do not come to me with your hand out, after putting away a child rapist / murderer and expect me to change my view that he should be hand fed into a chipper / shredder, or else I will burn your house down.

Were I to arrive at the scene of the crime, armed, and manage to save the victim, the assailant would indeed be dead. What would you (being unarmed) do; reason with him and leave the victim lying there?

Capital punishment is all about that one moment in time, and trying to get the jury to relive it and the horror of it. It is not about forgetting that one moment in time and turning the question of justice into an insensitive lecture on the sanctity of life whilst overlooking the ones who would mow you down if you wandered across their path.

I want 'em dead. You want them to live. Fine. I'll hand them over to you and forego my style of justice, but keep them out of my life and do not come asking for me to pay for you to do it. It's your idea, so you pay the bill.

There is no evidence to support capital punishment is a deterrent to murder/rape etc etc

Feel free to produce real info from a proper country to disavow me of my stance

And of course you have absolute proof that both corporal and capital punishment do not act as detterents ?

And please don't come up with some random statistics without publishing the guide lines for those statistics . It is easy to manipulate statistics for example if you questioned 100 people with " do you support the death penalty " a simple yes or no question . But if you questioned the same people with "if your wife and daughter were raped and murdered would you support the death penalty " I would think their answers would be different .

• Like 2

I personally believe that ending the Death Sentences is what encourages Barbaric acts like we saw in London with the Hacking Death of an off duty Soldier and there are many more in many Countries.

I have never been one way or the other , but in an instance like this YEAH . He Danced , give me a break !

coffee1.gif

Abolition of the death sentence is an absolutely must. None of us have the right to take another person's life, not even the State, on our behalf.

I do believe we need much more effective life sentences. As in all of life, to remove the possibility of the murderer re-commiting the offence.

Never to be released should mean that. Life in many countries is 20-25, out in 10 for good behaviour.

Life in exile on a prison island, used to be the punishment. Inescapable, rendered out of our harms way.

Real duration of life, would be a realistic deterrent.

Nevertheless, one would fail to feel sorry for this bloke. No matter what happened to him.

I have no problems agreeing with you idealists as long as you cease and desist trying to convert me into believing that I must pay for the care and maintenance of your "pet projects".

The ideologically stupid interpretations of idealists is that they feel everyone should help out and foot the bill for their crazy and unrealistic view of a perfect world.

So, we are agreed, but as I stated prior, do not come to me with your hand out, after putting away a child rapist / murderer and expect me to change my view that he should be hand fed into a chipper / shredder, or else I will burn your house down.

Were I to arrive at the scene of the crime, armed, and manage to save the victim, the assailant would indeed be dead. What would you (being unarmed) do; reason with him and leave the victim lying there?

Capital punishment is all about that one moment in time, and trying to get the jury to relive it and the horror of it. It is not about forgetting that one moment in time and turning the question of justice into an insensitive lecture on the sanctity of life whilst overlooking the ones who would mow you down if you wandered across their path.

I want 'em dead. You want them to live. Fine. I'll hand them over to you and forego my style of justice, but keep them out of my life and do not come asking for me to pay for you to do it. It's your idea, so you pay the bill.

Relax bra, I'm not and never have asked you personally for anything.

That is just your fantasy.

Any day you feel like pulling your trigger you go right ahead.

Live and Let Die. I say.

As for you sensibilities. They speak for themselves.

When you come out of your personal jungle and find civilisation, there will be one less trigger happy madman on the streets.

I look forward to the headline. "Passer by shoots wrong man in crazed revenge murder."

I seriously doubt you have the guts for it anyway. Your little tough guy animation is a dead give away.

Bet you would not say that if someone murdered someone in your family, if you objected to capital punishment after it happened to your family you need help.

A least when they are executed they can no longer bring grief to another family, check the Aussie stats on the murders that are commited by people that have killed or raped once then killed or raped again after so called paying their debt to society

if we locked them up for the rest of their lives you bleeding hearts would still complain of inhumane treatment, give us a break, do the crime do the time.

• Like 1

Docno, on 29 Jan 2014 - 09:09, said:
Ohio, on 28 Jan 2014 - 16:51, said:
xminator, on 28 Jan 2014 - 16:32, said:

coffee1.gif

You really believe that religious extremists would be deterred by capital punishment? You mean the same guys who are happy to blow themselves up in a crowd so that they can spend eternity with a gaggle of virgins? The fact of the matter is that people were still committing heinous and barbaric crimes when capital punishment was on the books. More of them, in fact, if you look at the sweep of history. Capital punishment has very little if any deterrent effect (especially in the kinds of cases like the one you mentioned). The function it primarily fulfills is a psychological one: it brings some balance and redress to a terrible situation. The person killed (etc) someone, so we all feel better if he is killed in return. "He deserves it", we say. An eye for an eye, we think. But we feel squeamish about the primitive nature of the 'eye for an eye' argument so we construct the deterrence argument. That also makes us feel better... we're not seeking 'revenge' in order to restore the feeling of justice, we're trying to improve society. But that's self-delusion not borne out by the facts...

A lot of good points there Docno, good logical arguement.........................thumbsup.gif

For all you do good-ers on here who want this guy given three meals a day for life.......

Sit back and watch the video again and imagine you were watching your daughters brains being removed in cold blood.........what would your feelings and punishment be ?

Be honest. thumbsup.gif

Relax bra, I'm not and never have asked you personally for anything.

That is just your fantasy.

Any day you feel like pulling your trigger you go right ahead.

Live and Let Die. I say.

As for you sensibilities. They speak for themselves.

When you come out of your personal jungle and find civilisation, there will be one less trigger happy madman on the streets.

I look forward to the headline. "Passer by shoots wrong man in crazed revenge murder."

I seriously doubt you have the guts for it anyway. Your little tough guy animation is a dead give away.

I support your right to your view ... without the lippy BS; yet I emphatically disagree.

Doh!

Next!...

Edited by cup-O-coffee

For all you do good-ers on here who want this guy given three meals a day for life.......

Sit back and watch the video again and imagine you were watching your daughters brains being removed in cold blood.........what would your feelings and punishment be ?

Be honest. thumbsup.gif

Yes, that's exactly the point. If the victim were a family member, most of us would naturally crave revenge. We would want to do violence to the perpetrator. But most modern societies function on the premise that revenge, while a natural impulse, is not healthy for a community. That's why they set out laws, establish police forces and courts, etc. That's why they criminalise vigilantism and mob justice and strictly define when a citizen can use deadly force. The justice system should not be a vehicle for vengeance, as much as we might crave vengeance in these situations.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So that criminals are not scared of the sentence because they can just serve in jail and pay even if the crime they committed were heinous crime?

Why is it a great day when abolished? It seems you are happy when that happens? I smell something in you...

• Like 2