All Bangkok's 50 election directors resign

webfact

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not unexpected at all, and apparently, the only way that they could possibly make the lady see sense.

What is now required is for her to make a public appearance announcing that the election is off, she and her caretaker government are stepping down, Suthep can therefore call off the street protests, and the business of carrying out necessary reforms can get under way.

She must also make it very clear to the Red Shirt extremists that their cause is over, and they should return to their homes; furthermore, anyone caught involved in any acts of shootings or bombing in response to the resignation of the government should be made to face the full extent of the law.

And if the caretaker govt steps down, who will govern? And do you think that there won't be further protests?

If the REDs were to take to the streets, I would then believe in claims of millions marching.

I dare say the reds may indeed come to town.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And this time it won't be with slingshots- there is much more to

'thailand than Bangkok and Surat-

And all the 'you started it' shit won't ;matter.

So Yingluck- stand firm- you step down and the reds WILL come- you cave- and the reds will come.

Stand firm.

You Khun Yingnluk are the person protecting Bangkok right now from the horror that could come if you succumb to the fascist demands/

Edited by blaze
  • Like 2

Not unexpected at all, and apparently, the only way that they could possibly make the lady see sense.

What is now required is for her to make a public appearance announcing that the election is off, she and her caretaker government are stepping down, Suthep can therefore call off the street protests, and the business of carrying out necessary reforms can get under way.

She must also make it very clear to the Red Shirt extremists that their cause is over, and they should return to their homes; furthermore, anyone caught involved in any acts of shootings or bombing in response to the resignation of the government should be made to face the full extent of the law.

And if the caretaker govt steps down, who will govern? And do you think that there won't be further protests?

If the REDs were to take to the streets, I would then believe in claims of millions marching.

It's not going to be pretty.

Its good those corrupt EC officials have resigned, they will go down in history as 50 of some of the most pathetic cowardly scum in thai politics, and thats saying a lot.

I'd like to see criminal charges brought against them.

And, hopefully we get some new officials that are neutral and are actually willing to do their jobs.

• Like 1

If the 50 election directors formally resigned than I guess the Election Commission needs to formally appoint 50 Election Directors even if (some of) those old ones would be willing to come back into their old position.

Tell you a funny story, our town hall is closed. Protestors put a sign up saying it will remain closed till Yingluk is out, I'm in the South this is common.

But it's a fake, the town hall staff did it because their Dem political masters told them they had to or they'd lose their jobs. Round the side, the door is still open, the voter registrations are processed, the elections go on. The town hall is very friendly, they're explaining its all fine, they just were told to do it, but elections are ready.

This is what Suthep is, just a fake PR action.

It was supposed to start with a 'spontaneous people's protest', but it was organized and bussed in, with sound stages books, and Suthep's money ready

Then a media PR lie to pretend it was millions, but you could count them in the photos, and TV showed live drone feeds revealing the lie

Then angry doctors join the protests, but they were just people dressed in white carrying a red-cross flag

Then angry strudents, the Students something something for reform! Turn out to be old men with black faces and Southern accents, just another fake

Government officers were supposed to hold strikes, but they didn't want to.

Schools, town halls close in support of Suthep in the South, but the teachers are angry and the town halls do business as normal, just in secret.

Then a march from the north of angry farmers demanding money... photos reveal no mob and no march

Sutheps runs out of money, the rent-a-mob go home, his guards want to go home,

Now we have a little rescue effort to save something from the NACC/EC etc.

Time to take out the trash, this party is over.

Wow, you joined a few days ago, and this is what you are posting.

Another paid Thaksin troll heard from.

• Like 2

If the 50 election directors formally resigned than I guess the Election Commission needs to formally appoint 50 Election Directors even if (some of) those old ones would be willing to come back into their old position.

Tell you a funny story, our town hall is closed. Protestors put a sign up saying it will remain closed till Yingluk is out, I'm in the South this is common.

But it's a fake, the town hall staff did it because their Dem political masters told them they had to or they'd lose their jobs. Round the side, the door is still open, the voter registrations are processed, the elections go on. The town hall is very friendly, they're explaining its all fine, they just were told to do it, but elections are ready.

It was supposed to start with a 'spontaneous people's protest', but it was organized and bussed in, with sound stages books, and Suthep's money ready

Then a media PR lie to pretend it was millions, but you could count them in the photos, and TV showed live drone feeds revealing the lie

Then angry doctors join the protests, but they were just people dressed in white carrying a red-cross flag

Then angry strudents, the Students something something for reform! Turn out to be old men with black faces and Southern accents, just another fake

Schools, town halls close in support of Suthep in the South, but the teachers are angry and the town halls do business as normal, just in secret.

Then a march from the north of angry farmers demanding money... photos reveal no mob and no march

Wow, you joined a few days ago, and this is what you are posting.

Another paid Thaksin troll heard from.

Do you know lhow much credibility your 'side' loses with a post like this?

If your little brain can not handle linformation that threatens your la la world- maybe you shouldn't be on public forums-

And you certainly shouldn't be referring to people who disagree with you (with all the intellectual applomb your post suggests you possess) as 'trolls'.

Well ok- you are maybe quite young- if so, (under 12) forgiven.

Edited by blaze
  • Like 1

It was supposed to start with a 'spontaneous people's protest', but it was organized and bussed in.

Well at least they didn't torch the town halls rolleyes.gif

On a more serious note, a similar story can be told about the Pheu Thai stronghold and the red-shirt villages were it's clear 'we will vote' and 'we will vote correctly'.

The initial protests was spontaneous. The undemocratic pushed through parliament 'blanket amnesty bill' was too much. From 2004 to 2013-08-09 as well. Why did the Yingluck government need to have it's first two years in office covered? Any activity related to the 2006 coup or the 2010 riots, or just enormous corruption, government broke and Thaksin with a new passport.

No farmers, no march? What's true though is the 'no mob'.

As for saving from NACC / EC, did I hear Thailand slide down the corrupting index again? Soon to be on top of the list I guess.

So you blame the red shirts for that as well?

Doesn't what's happening today suggest the corruption is nestled in and amongst the old thai elite fat since the 80's on prostitution, drugs, landscams

Slavery etc.

Great company.

Lets take a name check on these 50 persons and keep track of where they end up, it is only a matter of time before the Democrats are back in power and no doubt these names will reappear in various 'positions'then.

Don't worry, Tarit & the DSI will no doubt have them on one of their black-lists, shortly.

If they weren't already on one, that is. wink.png

Last time the reds announced millions on the march they could assemble 60,000 so don't hold Your breath waiting for the red army...

• Like 1

It was supposed to start with a 'spontaneous people's protest', but it was organized and bussed in.

On a more serious note, a similar story can be told about the Pheu Thai stronghold and the red-shirt villages were it's clear 'we will vote' and 'we will vote correctly'.

The initial protests was spontaneous. The undemocratic pushed through parliament 'blanket amnesty bill' was too much. From 2004 to 2013-08-09 as well. Why did the Yingluck government need to have it's first two years in office covered? Any activity related to the 2006 coup or the 2010 riots, or just enormous corruption, government broke and Thaksin with a new passport.

As for saving from NACC / EC, did I hear Thailand slide down the corrupting index again? Soon to be on top of the list I guess.

Doesn't what's happening today suggest the corruption is nestled in and amongst the old thai elite fat since the 80's on prostitution, drugs, landscams

Slavery etc.

Great company.

Were none of you people in Thailand in August- months before the amnesty bill was proposed- Do you not remember the protesters were already encamped in LUmphini?

The amnesty bill was just the excuse they needed to enlist the top Democrats in their dream to restore Thailand to its pristine pre-1932 beauty.

Do you not remember the form of gov't proposed by Sonthi and Chamlong back in '05?

This is old money rallying to enemies of some people who have conflicts with new money- and rationalizing it in terms of

thaksin- Every society has gone (usually two hundred years ago) through the same conflict-

It is not about hatred of Thaksin (among those who 'matter'- ) it is about hatred of the prospect of redistribution of political power to the provinces.

• Like 2

Its good those corrupt EC officials have resigned, they will go down in history as 50 of some of the most pathetic cowardly scum in thai politics, and thats saying a lot.

And, hopefully we get some new officials that are neutral and are actually willing to do their jobs.

'corrupt officials'? Did I miss a newsflash on this, or do I hear (false) emotions talk?

The real fix is in. All the talk about vote buying, Thaksin Dictatorship, you all bought into it.

Everyone will be bought/intimidated. End of story.

I think so. Dictatorship beckons.

Don't worry, trust us. We will have a little bit of reform, and then have elections.

Oh really.

Scary times in my opinion. (I shouldn't have said 'you all bought into it..' , but some people did. I guess the ones that only listen to what their wives tell them. For the record, my wife and I disagree severely on this matter.)

Somchai Srisuthiyakorn speaks like he is the EC and CC. I have yet to see him showing diligent in making the election a success. EC also acted like they are only PTP and DEM in Thailand. They also acted like they are only voters in BKK and southern provinces. Last Sunday only proved that people of BKK and Southern provinces wanted the 2 Feb election - only the DEM and its PDRC and the thugs. People were denied of their voting right by these thugs and EC officials.

There should be investigation into this resignations. It is not an isolated resignation but en masse.

I think that most people would call the enmass resignations a statement, or a message, to Yingluck and the shameful one in Dubai.

This goose is cooked. Stick a fork in it.

Are you trying to be cute?

The EC has a specific job description. "

You are surely smart enough to understrand that it is not the job of the EC to send "a message, to Yingluck and the shameful one in Dubai".

Their job is to facilitate elections- that's all.

They have not done so- (no surprise given statements coming from their 'bosses'.)

Just remember this pal- as easily as these dorks can play loose with the law when it suits YOUR political bias- they can also play loose against you.

You should be demanding transparency- application of law- to all agencies right now.

I guess you will have no problem when the EC decides that the immigration department should not be allowing YOU into the kingdom- because if they bend the rules once- they will bend them again.

YOu say they have no right to interfere with immigration?

Well buddy-= they have no 'right' to interfere with fiscal policy either.

You know the term 'usefuil idiots'? It's a word coined by Lenin- that was custom made for the nut cases on Thaivisa.com with their childish dreams of Santa Clause and Benevolent Dictators.

The Kulaks who supported the revolution- and then were shot by those they idolized.

Grow up. Or at least learn some history.

And Churchill invented the phrase "useless mouths" which would self apply to these ex patriated trolls on here.

Easy for them to stroll on somewhere else when the going here gets tough.

Slavery etc.

Great company.

'blame the red shirts for that as well'?

If you refer to the torching of City Halls, yes. Enough evidence and convictions to confirm the blame.

If you refer to something else you need to be a bit more clear as I have no idea what you think I blame to who.

'corrupt officials'? Did I miss a newsflash on this, or do I hear (false) emotions talk?

I don NOT for one minute think that anyone on the EC is corrupt- I think they are Thais- they were appointed to this job- which is (siunce the coup) to have elections that Thaksinistas can't win. And they are doing an excellent job of that.

The red mob WILL DEFINITELY come, book it...

The old elite are thrashing around now, desperately trying to find a way to stop the election. The one thing they fear above all else is the will of the people, freely expressed through the ballot box. Regardless of whether it happens on Sunday or at a later date the next election will see the anti democracy fascists trampled into the dust. Thailand will not be turning back to the bad old days.

• Like 2

All Bangkok's 50 election directors resign

1101-40244-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- All election directors of Bangkok’s 50 districts have resigned en masse, Somchai Srisuthiyakorn, a member of the Election Commission revealed today.

He said that he has received the report of the resignation of all election directors of Bangkok today.

He said that it was the duty of the EC to appoint others to the vacancy.

He said that he also received report that the National Municipal League of Thailand has announced to boycott the general election.

This, he said, was to signal to the EC that all local government administration would not give cooperation to the EC in holding the election.

Mr Somchai, a EC commissioner in charge of the election holdng, was scheduled to meet the caretaker Prime Minister to consult the rescheduling of the February 2 election.

He said that during the meeting he would explain to the caretaker government that even though the government insisted on the February 2 election, it could not resolve anything as the EC could not announce names of the 500 MPs and might take over six months to announce all names.

This will plunge the country into a political vacuum in which the Parliament cannot convene, and government cannot be formed.

He suggested that if all sides turned to other better alternative that is to reschedule the election, it would be a better solution to resolve the conflict and this might take not more than four months.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/bangkoks-50-election-directors-resign/

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-01-28

Oh so now we are election hijacking, how much did that cost the PRDC or Military and once more epitomises the elite of Bangkok treating the rest of the nation with the greatest of disdain. All pro government supporters watch this space as now the games are really going to begin and it augers very poorly for many people and lives lost just because 50 EC idiots did not fulfill their duty to King and country. What ensues now will not be on Yinglucks hands but rather dems, PRDC and possibly the military.

I have seen NO evidence that the EC members- or the CC members are corrupt. NONE>

What I do know is that their job descriptions were spelled out in 2007 with the urge for 'checks and balances'.

Their job is to check and balance the popular will of the Thai people- and they are performing just as expected.

The judicial coup is only days away-

These people will win the highest awards- for thwarting the popular will through whatever means available.

And yes of course they would be brought to court in any other country- but this is not 'any other country'- in this country there are laws that take precedence over those written in the books.

Edited by blaze
  • Like 1

they truly are garbage and people are wondering why we not join the bleeding hearts when some 50 - 60 year old hard faced, armed fascists calling themselves students meet with exactly the same justice they are in the business of handing out.

The clear out should not stop with Suthep. the backers need to be ruined financially and hounded out of business and the country so they never try this again.

The Reform that may happen when Suthep loses could be the reform to end all reforms in Thailand and many supposed elites will rue the day they ever thought of reform.

don't worry the elite, Amply Rich Shinawatra clan is not thinking about reform. Just voicing platitudes as 'later', 'in due time', 'when all is ready', etc., etc.

• Like 1

There should be investigation into this resignations. It is not an isolated resignation but en masse.

Well yes, but is it actually illegal.Ill timed and a dereliction of duty, I agree, but what would the investigation be able to do apart from tell us all what we already know; they agreed to do it this way.

It could be the events of this weekend brought home to them what could happen at the polling stations and they felt that they would be in danger, unable to rely on having police protection.

However it's not illegal to quit your job.

A public servant that has a genuine concientious objection to an action is entitled to resign. The EC has repeatedly warned the government of widespread violence if they persist with the election. Resigning is an ethical thing to do.

If you work in government long enough you will eventually be asked to do something wrong. "Following orders" is not an acceptable excuse. Sometimes you have to say no.

• Like 1

they truly are garbage and people are wondering why we not join the bleeding hearts when some 50 - 60 year old hard faced, armed fascists calling themselves students meet with exactly the same justice they are in the business of handing out.

The clear out should not stop with Suthep. the backers need to be ruined financially and hounded out of business and the country so they never try this again.

The Reform that may happen when Suthep loses could be the reform to end all reforms in Thailand and many supposed elites will rue the day they ever thought of reform.

Wow! I did not think that you're gloating celebration of a mans murder could get any lower, but I was wrong.

Do you intend to bring it into every thread or does even your bile and hatred have limits?

Once a fascist hater. Always a fascist hater. I'm only mid 50's but many of the people I worked with in the 70's were war vets. I know what extremists are capable of.

No apologies for hating dictators, fascists of supporters. THere is a democratic system here and even many Thai papers are saying that Yinglul should be defeate at the ballot box.

There is no popular support for Suthep and the whole world bar his fan club see this.

• Like 1

The reds have taken to the streets on several occasions since the amnesty fiasco. 10 000-15000 were their best turnouts. Millions are out of reach for red movement. Many of ex reds are campaigning to overthrow the government. Be realistic.