second hand dmax/colorado

guybena01

Hi,

I am planing to buy a second hand dmax or colorado 4d 4wd between 04-08.

Any comments, insights as to which issues and costs I should be aware of?

Which one is preferred and what to look for when choosing the car? Any other comment are welcome too!

Thanks!

I am very worried about the maintanance, where I leave there are no manufacturers service centers and its a pain to get to one. An average thai garage will be able to maintain the isuzu better then a chevy, since its more common? how about replacement parts? are the isuzu's cheaper and more available or its the same parts?

Thank you all for the quick comments!

I am very worried about the maintanance, where I leave there are no manufacturers service centers and its a pain to get to one. An average thai garage will be able to maintain the isuzu better then a chevy, since its more common? how about replacement parts? are the isuzu's cheaper and more available or its the same parts?

Thank you all for the quick comments!

Ive got 400,000K on a DMAX and done the vast majority of the maintenance at Manit Center Phuket (they had a good deal on tyres once), B-Quick and for simple oil changes etc I use Shell Helix Ultra and the shell station service. Still hasnt missed a beat and only replaced what I consider consumables anyway.

both are exacty the same cars, exept the frontgril and the badges. So, it doesn't matter which one you'll get. It's the same!

See post #9.

Only 1 can be true.

For the model age (04 to 08) that the OP is looking at post #9 is not correct.

Edited by Spoonman

both are exacty the same cars, exept the frontgril and the badges. So, it doesn't matter which one you'll get. It's the same!

See post #9.

Only 1 can be true.

But post #9 says particular the same as post #4, so that post must also be incorrect then.

Ooops, that's your post.

See post #9.

Only 1 can be true.

But post #9 says particular the same as post #4, so that post must also be incorrect then.

Ooops, that's your post.

Seeing as though you seem to have an agenda to nit pick I will clarify my #4 post and say that in the 3rd quarter of 2004 the engine's fitted to both the DMAX and COLORADO changed to common rail configuration.

Are you happy now ?

Edited by Spoonman

Ooops, that's your post.

Seeing as though you seem to have an agenda to nit pick I will clarify my #4 post and say that in the 3rd quarter of 2004 the engine's fitted to both the DMAX and COLORADO changed to common rail configuration.

Are you happy now ?

No agenda on nitpicking there, but you now say something completely different as in your previous post.

May it be that you have an agenda to be always right ?

This is what you said earlier ;

the colorado 3.0 engine changed late 2004 to the commonrail. it is the better engine.

• Like 1

Ooops, that's your post.

Are you happy now ?

No agenda on nitpicking there, but you now say something completely different as in your previous post.

the colorado 3.0 engine changed late 2004 to the commonrail. it is the better engine.

are your eyes painted on or something.

"it is the better engine" is in reference to the pre 3rd quarter 2004 engine that is not common-rail.

See post #9.

Only 1 can be true.

I need to ask again than......can Chevy truck use Isuzu parts and service?...(2004-08)

Ooops, that's your post.

Are you happy now ?

"it is the better engine" is in reference to the pre 3rd quarter 2004 engine that is not common-rail.

Well I did some research after your offending remarks, and I found out that the Colorado was launched in the first quarter of 2004 WITH the common rail 4JJ1-TC engine from the first day, while the D-max that was upgraded from the 4JH1-T engine to the new engine third quarter 2004 to be in compliance with the Colorado .

So in fact ALL Colorado's are common rail, while the D-max prior to the third quarter 2004 was non common rail.

Google is your friend.

Are you happy now ?

Well I did some research after your offending remarks, and I found out that the Colorado was launched in the first quarter of 2004 WITH the common rail 4JJ1-TC engine from the first day, while the D-max that was upgraded from the 4JH1-T engine to the new engine third quarter 2004 to be in compliance with the Colorado .

So in fact ALL Colorado's are common rail, while the D-max prior to the third quarter 2004 was non common rail.

Google is your friend.

Below is a picture of the engine in my June 2004 built Colorado.

I do not need google when I owned an actual vehicle.

04052010081.jpg

if you buy my one you will not need to worry about things going wrong and spare parts ,its perfect and been well looked after ,check it out in classifieds white colour and the exact spec your looking for.....

How much?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app