Actor Philip Seymour Hoffman dies aged 46

webfact

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very good actor but all this "greatest actor of his generation" is simply boilerplate bullshit the press & easily impressionable fanboys trot out when tragedy strikes early in the game (shades of Ledger & Phoenix et al.) He gambled with his lifestyle & lost but then again why not? Dead in your 40s @ the top of your game is not a bad way to check out.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

It said he was ONE of the greatest actors of his generation, and that was most definitely true!!!

Agreed, with Sean Penn maybe being the other.

A very good actor but all this "greatest actor of his generation" is simply boilerplate bullshit the press & easily impressionable fanboys trot out when tragedy strikes early in the game (shades of Ledger & Phoenix et al.) He gambled with his lifestyle & lost but then again why not? Dead in your 40s @ the top of your game is not a bad way to check out.

It said he was ONE of the greatest actors of his generation, and that was most definitely true!!!

Nah Brian Cox

Nah Brian Cox

I'm sure a fine actor; but I'm not that up to speed on European actors.

• 3 weeks later...

it always amuses me when a 'Famous' junkie dies and everyone rushes into various forms of online media and starts,going on about how great the person was.

This guy was an inconsiderate junkie. The morning after this binge he was due to pick his children up and take them out for the day.

If he didn't wake up,dead he would of got in his car the next morning and driven over to get kids. No doubt he still would have had some of the substances in his system. I wonder how many time this inconsiderate sod put other peoples lives at risk. What an ahole !

Seriously, it's a shame that talent like this was lost, but it happens everyday, just not always to famous people. Stop thinking of this guy as something all high and mighty, he was a clear danger to everyone and yanyone he came across. Its a pity he didn't put his family, children and friends above how own desire to get high again.

The stupidity of these drugs comes the very first time you snort, take or inject, everyone's heard of how addictive they are but some still have to try anyway, don't they.

Just Another case of Darwinism.

it always amuses me when a 'Famous' junkie dies and everyone rushes into various forms of online media and starts,going on about how great the person was.

This guy was an inconsiderate junkie. The morning after this binge he was due to pick his children up and take them out for the day.

If he didn't wake up,dead he would of got in his car the next morning and driven over to get kids. No doubt he still would have had some of the substances in his system. I wonder how many time this inconsiderate sod put other peoples lives at risk. What an ahole !

Seriously, it's a shame that talent like this was lost, but it happens everyday, just not always to famous people. Stop thinking of this guy as something all high and mighty, he was a clear danger to everyone and yanyone he came across. Its a pity he didn't put his family, children and friends above how own desire to get high again.

The stupidity of these drugs comes the very first time you snort, take or inject, everyone's heard of how addictive they are but some still have to try anyway, don't they.

Just Another case of Darwinism.

I'm glad your amused at the deaths of your human beings. These deaths happen 24/7 so you must be a very happy person. As to people commenting on how "great" a person this particular person was, 99% are commenting on his artistic ability as they obviously don't know him personally. From what I have gleaned, he was a loving father to his wife and children and he also apparently had a drug addiction. The real tragedy is the dearth of treatment options for substance addicted persons, famous or not, and that the US government has propped up and supported the biggest narco-heroin lords in the world...the Karzai brothers of Afghanistan. Edited by OMGImInPattaya