Caretaker PM Yingluck asserts election will resolve conflicts

webfact

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All credit to her. She's faced down Suthep and his thugs well. 80% of the country voted and probably overwhelmingly in PTP's favor. Thailand has chosen. Not oligarchy but democracy. That's a huge step forward.

80%? I find that a little hard to believe. Also it is clear PTP must have won as the Dems didn't enter the election. This is hardly democracy. I don't agree with either side but claiming a victory in this election is a joke.

Nothing has been resolved, the protesters are still on the streets, leaders on both sides are calling for violence, the farmers are still getting screwed and the chances of this election resulting in a legal govt seems remote to say the least.

All this is, is a slight shuffle sideways.

Edited by allan michaud
  • Like 1

My understanding of the results so far "approx." - only 50% of those eligible to vote voted and almost 50% of those were "no votes" and only 8% of those eligible to vote that didn't couldn't for a mixture of reasons and most of those were in the south which you would assume would also have been "no votes" or they still wouldn't have voted

so this is hardly a victory for PTP

• Like 1

Caretaker PM Yingluck asserts election will resolve conflicts

Correction:.....

The election will deepen conflicts.

Now we have the red shirts and all the other loony Thaksin supporters primed and fooled into thinking that PTP is a legitimate government.

However, there are 2 reasons why they will never serve as an elected government again.

1... Very likely that results will be annulled.

2... By the time they can generate a parliament, Yingluck and most of the PTP will have been indicted and banned.

Once either of these two likely scenarios plays out. The government supporters will scream out 'unfair', and will likely spark a huge call for a red uprising that obviously will be once again crushed and add to the separatism and hatred from this clan.

They will be duly guided and funded from Dubai as to whatever 'actions' they wish to take against the administration. The outcome will probably make the insurgency in the south look like a birthday party.

She is a dreamer. Election will not resolve conflicts. People are not going to change their minds as long as the puppets of Thaksin are running the show. Election has nothing to do with it.

It's up to the courts. Let's leave it up to them.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

All credit to her. She's faced down Suthep and his thugs well. 80% of the country voted and probably overwhelmingly in PTP's favor. Thailand has chosen. Not oligarchy but democracy. That's a huge step forward.

IT was less than 50% of the country that voted and PTP have not won the election, not until it is declared by the EC and then only once those districts that could not vote yesterday have voted.

80%? I find that a little hard to believe. Also it is clear PTP must have won as the Dems didn't enter the election.

You can almost halve his inflated number:

Election Commission: voter turnout for yesterday was 45.84%

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/701591-thailand-live-monday-3-feb-2014/page-3#entry7388052

What's also clear is that even without the Democrats running, PTP didn't win in some provinces.

They lost to the candidate named "No".

Most in Prachinburi have voted “no vote”

http://61.19.244.31/centerweb/newsen/NewsDetail?NT01_NewsID=WNPOL5702030010011

I think you'll find that 80% of the voting age popular has NEVER voted in ANY election even though it is compulsory.

I'm afraid keeping the Shinewatras in business is Not democracy but Demon-ocracy...

• Like 1

If it was 75% back in 2011 (wikipedia) and this election was 45%, that's massive drop.

Naturally, considering that the largest opposition party did not participate (and a lot of voters were either intimidated or prevented from voting).

Who was intimidating or preventing people from voting in the N/NE? Participation was way down there as well.

• Like 1

If it was 75% back in 2011 (wikipedia) and this election was 45%, that's massive drop.

And even before the votes have been tallied, at lease 55% of voters have indicated, actively or passively, that they would rather have something other than PTP.

What's that word ............... oh yes, landslide.

• Like 1

PM satisfied with yesterday’s polls

11-25-2013-9-36-51-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

She is obviously a lady that is easy to satisfy

She's plainly thinking," Why didn't Pi Maeow tell me which box to put the ballet paper in?''

What do you think she is thinking? Funniest answer will get as much as a rice farmer has got from this government.

Edited by uty6543

She's plainly thinking," Why didn't Pi Maeow tell me which box to put the ballet paper in?''

What do you think she is thinking? Funniest answer will get as much as a rice farmer has got from this government.

nothing! (there isn't even a spark)

Edited by jonesthebaker

chalerm said he'd do what?

Edited by Bluespunk

What do you mean I can't pay in rice?

• Like 1

Naturally, considering that the largest opposition party did not participate (and a lot of voters were either intimidated or prevented from voting).

Who was intimidating or preventing people from voting in the N/NE? Participation was way down there as well.

Did you not read that I also mentioned that the largest opposition party did not participate . Try not to take things out of context. If only the Dems had participated. Voter turnout would almost certainly have been higher and PT might even have lost. Instead, as the results trickle, it seems like they might win by a landslide (Pathum Thani for eg)