China cancels Thailand rice deal amid probe

webfact

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rice scheme burns out. Tablet maker bankrupt. First time car buyers not getting their rebates. That's 0/3 for the Shin populist promises! Well done!

The spin meister is back ...surely not even you could blame YL for this. Blame here is squarely with Suthep. No other explanation warrants consideration.

I think you sir are just trolling and it is your statement that warrants no consideration .
  • Like 1

Rice scheme burns out. Tablet maker bankrupt. First time car buyers not getting their rebates. That's 0/3 for the Shin populist promises! Well done!

The spin meister is back ...surely not even you could blame YL for this. Blame here is squarely with Suthep. No other explanation warrants consideration.

Why is it Suthep's fault?

Please explain?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Exactly. Blame the cop for investigating a burglary, blame the home owner for discovering the burglary. Heck, blame HomePro for selling the burglary tools. But whatever you do, don't blame the burglar....

Blame the expats and tourists for not eating enough rice and not taking 2 kilo's home from their holidays.

Please explain?

Because some expats have a limited social circle and/or a Mrs. who is........

The blame lies firmly at the door of Thaksin, Yingluck and Pheu Thai for their stupidly flawed and corrupt populist policies that are falling down now around their ears . . . no other explanation warrants consideration.

EDIT: By the way, is this the cancellation of the Rice Deal with China that China had previously denied even existed? If so, this Govt is piling lie on top of lie at the moment, I'll await the announcement next from China stating that they have no clue what "Thailand" is talking about and to stop putting words in their mouths.

The government should be blamed for all the screw ups. The played the game and failed. The PM is a puppet of her brother and not capable of handling the duties as prime minister. She is a wrong person to do the job. We have already seen many things that she did not do right.

The PM has to deal with some tough legal issues. This might be a beginning of the end. It is interesting to watch how the story develops It is much better than watching a movie. But sorry for the people who have been affected by the corruption. I hope peaceful solution to be achieved.

• Like 1

So how do you explain some farmers not being paid for the last 8 months? Or my father in law waiting since October? Or the guy who rents my wifes paddy waiting over 4 months?

The election was only called 2 months ago.

• Like 2

Sure... Maybe blame the Chinese for YL probe and PT mess...

Darn Chinese don't wanna buy controversial rotten rice... Maybe cos of Suthep whistling.gif

Or was it just a little white lie?

" China lacks confidence to do business with us after the National Anti-Corruption Commission started investigations into the transparency of rice deals between Thailand and China," Thai Commerce Minister Niwatthamrong Bunsongphaisan said, announcing the cancellation. "

In other words, it was the naughty NACC's fault. As it was the naughty EC's fault. As it was the naughty PDRC's fault. As it was the naughty banks' fault. As it was the naughty bank unions' fault ...

• Like 1

Please explain?

Suthep is heading the NACC now, didn't you know? He made a little space in his agenda, between roasting babies on a spit and doing Elvis impersonations at weddings.

• Like 2

It seems strange given that China...which is the worlds largest producer of rice (25%) would prefer to buy rice from Thailand over other countries that it is friendlier with....unless of course there was something in it for them. wink.pngwink.pngwink.png

It seems strange given that China...which is the worlds largest producer of rice (25%) would prefer to buy rice from Thailand over other countries that it is friendlier with....unless of course there was something in it for them. wink.pngwink.pngwink.png

there was nothing in it for the Chinese! there was no G2G rice deal, the only ones claiming so was PTP.

• Like 1

The 2 things are completely separate, one the rice pledging ( I don't support, never have), two, the commercial transaction to sell rice to China. Any sane person would support that...it gets the farmers paid and reduces the mountain, albeit at a loss. That transaction has been derailed by Suthep . Tragic for everyone, especially the farmers. I'm not surprised the Chinese got cold feet...but there is no reason why the sale should not proceed. In fact, it's in everyone's best interests that it does so ( apart from a few obsessions who see something corrupt in a straightforward, transparent transaction). Mystifying

Hoping to sell 700 million tons this year?, how much rice stock

has Thailand got.

They better think up an alternative use for the rice,as none seems

to be getting sold, and the farmers keep growing more.

Thailand cancels the contract for kids tablets, while China cancels

the rice contract,(if there ever was one)

regards Worgeordie

And if the courts want to consider it differently ..?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Gets better by the day...... One thing is for sure, there is no way in the world that a contract

between China and the current government would withstand any form of investigation.... :-)

When two countries with such a high level of corruption form a contract, you can be sure

that lots of pockets have to be filled first.

• Like 2

has Thailand got.

regards Worgeordie

From what has been written there was an MOU between Thailand and China. I haven't read where a contract was signed. It appears that at present, China doesn't want to pursue this issue further. That could change at any time.

The 2 things are completely separate, one the rice pledging ( I don't support, never have), two, the commercial transaction to sell rice to China. Any sane person would support that...it gets the farmers paid and reduces the mountain, albeit at a loss. That transaction has been derailed by Suthep . Tragic for everyone, especially the farmers. I'm not surprised the Chinese got cold feet...but there is no reason why the sale should not proceed. In fact, it's in everyone's best interests that it does so ( apart from a few obsessions who see something corrupt in a straightforward, transparent transaction). Mystifying

You do understand that such a contract would never have existed? Really?

has Thailand got.

regards Worgeordie

From what has been written there was an MOU between Thailand and China. I haven't read where a contract was signed. It appears that at present, China doesn't want to pursue this issue further. That could change at any time.

There was NEVER one.... trade doesn't work in that way.

So even the big brother China shows his pride, at least for their own sake....

not such a surprise

Soon Suthep won t be needed to pull PT out, their voters will do it for him

You mean,... the rice farmers... the rest of Pheu Thai voters who are not affiliated with rice business couldn't care less.... clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Oh they will when the price goes UP, they are moaning now about the Cost of living clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif