Cheap Farang Restaurant?

BuffaloRescue

The Dukers 99baht boiga is now 109+ (I think) but still the best burger deal in CM cuz it comes with a big pile o' fries. Darets gh has some decent and cheap frangfood too. Eurodiner-Bamboo bar is also good.

I went to Dukes for the 1st time several months ago and was surprised that unlike many restaurants I frequent, Dukes doesn't include the 7% VAT within their prices so add 7% to your meal. Of course, there is the tip if you are so inclined to add.

Edited by vagabond48

Try 'The Hideaway' off 108, opposite 'Da Cheeso' factory. Extensive Western Menu and Thai as well; very reasonable prices, nice shop there too with fresh daily bread, cakes, buscuits etc. Always Farang's there whenever we go so obviously popular.

NB....Closed on Sundays.

Edited by trainman34014

I remember when Dukes was the expensive place in town - very high quality food

These days the prices are on-par with everyone else but the quality is still great

However i cant afford to spend 500X2 on restaurant meals every day. So looking for somewhere cheaper to have OK food

After all these decades, I still enjoy the food and comraderie at the Bierstube.

I've tried this and that but Bierstube was the first restaurant to make me feel welcome and treated like they valued my patronage. Now that I live out in the sticks I don't get there very often but no trip into Chiangmai is complete without at least one trip to Beirstube, not just for the food (which is excellent) but to see the staff who never forget an old regular.

After all these decades, I still enjoy the food and comraderie at the Bierstube.

I've tried this and that but Bierstube was the first restaurant to make me feel welcome and treated like they valued my patronage. Now that I live out in the sticks I don't get there very often but no trip into Chiangmai is complete without at least one trip to Beirstube, not just for the food (which is excellent) but to see the staff who never forget an old regular.

About IamGourmet, I eat there several times a week because the food is great and the prices are low. Steakburgers 100 baht, spaghetti and meatballs 55 baht, big beef steak dinner 300 baht, the best BBQ ribs in Chiang mai 150 baht, pork chop dinner with veg., mashed potatoes and gravy 150 baht, and much more.

Disclaimer, I have no financial interest in the business, I just eat there a lot.

Could I have the location please.

If you google Bierstube Chiangmai and then click on trip advisor there is an interactive map with it's exact location.

Edited by habfan
  • Like 1

Mikes is crap these days.

Used to be good. Now some Thais are running the franchise. No steak burgers, patties dont taste right. I dont see many people eating there any more. The fat elvis place over the road is better

If you google Bierstube Chiangmai and then click on trip advisor there is an interactive map with it's exact location.

Thank you. How about iamgourmet anyone?

Oh, that's what it's called!

Eaten there loads of times, never knew the name. Never had a bad meal there either.

• Like 2