Arrest in Kwanchai shooting

Lite Beer

Arrest in Kwanchai shooting
The Sunday Nation

UDON THANNI: -- One of two suspected gunmen who shot at red-shirt hard-liner Kwanchai Praipana (Sarakham) in his Udon Thani home last month has reportedly confessed to being paid Bt8,000 to carry out the attack.

Police are hunting six accomplices.

Pol Lt-General Anuchai Lekbamrung, chief of Police Region 4, yesterday went to Udon Thani's Seni Ronnayut Camp where Narathiwat-based territorial defence volunteer Madeumang Masae, 39, was held and joined interrogation of the suspect.

At about 11am and amid tight security, police brought Madeumang to Kwanchai's home for a crime re-enactment.

Madeumang reportedly confessed to be being one of two gunmen who had seriously wounded Kwanchai when they fired at his home from the back of a pickup truck on January 21.

He later appeared at the provincial court and was transferred to a provincial prison.

Anuchai said that Madeumang confessed to be hired by a senior person whom he respected.

He said police were still weighing up possible motives, including the possibility it was politically motivated.

Anuchai said Madeumang had a rifle when arrested.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-09

• Like 1

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8000 Baht, pay peanuts you get monkeys. Ask your wives/gfs what your local hit man works for.

I know life is sometimes cheap here but 8k!!! Barely enough for expenses unless this was a 'labour of love'.

Talking a policeman a while ago he let on that it was possible to hire a hitman for 5k. This is in Kanchanaburi.

• Like 1

8000 Baht, pay peanuts you get monkeys. Ask your wives/gfs what your local hit man works for.

I know life is sometimes cheap here but 8k!!! Barely enough for expenses unless this was a 'labour of love'.

Talking a policeman a while ago he let on that it was possible to hire a hitman for 5k. This is in Kanchanaburi.

It was 5K back in the early nineties in Bangkok. Looks like inflation has not affected the hit man business a great deal.

• Like 1

Well in the sticks of Ranong, Somchai wants 5 or 6 times that for shooting a little guy. 1 guy I know demanded 120k to kill Dale Henry. He didn't get the job. The guy that did it worked for 60k and an eternal life sentence down in Nakhon Sri Thammerat prison.

Shooting someone like Kwanchai for 8k, I hope that was on top of transport costs.

Edited by Mosha
  • Like 1

It was 5K back in the early nineties in Bangkok. Looks like inflation has not affected the hit man business a great deal.

Let's take the news article at face value, and do some quick calculations.

This guy claims he was paid 8k. He was"one of two gunmen", so sub-total for 2 gunmen = 16k.

"Police are hunting six accomplices". Say 3k per accomplice, so total for another 5 accomplices = 15k.

Hence total for the whole group = 16 + 15 = 31,000 Baht

Still a bargain in my books ....

Two articles on this in the other newspaper and there are discrepancies between them not to say with this story.

In one article the suspect admits his part and the story goes on to describe the shooting and how Kwanchai was hit many times whereas the second article says he was hit twice which was the original report.

In both articles there are claims of a ' respected elder ' but Udon police would not elaborate but it was suggested the motive may be a business dispute but above they say it may be political.

I suppose Chalerm is the only one who will know the complete truth.

It could be asked when will the BIB learn they are better to say nothing until completely sure of the facts but we know the answer to that ?

The police know the full story, but because it does not point the finger of suspicion to the government opponents, they will not disclose it.

Strange how the police can catch all people committing offenses against red shirt terrorists, yet can never find the attackers of now around 45 incidents against protesters.. hmmmmmmm.

It took the protest guards to do that and one turned out to be a cop.... hmmmmmmm.

You mean the cop that was on duty monitoring the situation, that was almost beaten to death by the protesters even though he hadn't done anything.

• Like 2

Two articles on this in the other newspaper and there are discrepancies between them not to say with this story.

In one article the suspect admits his part and the story goes on to describe the shooting and how Kwanchai was hit many times whereas the second article says he was hit twice which was the original report.

In both articles there are claims of a ' respected elder ' but Udon police would not elaborate but it was suggested the motive may be a business dispute but above they say it may be political.

It could be asked when will the BIB learn they are better to say nothing until completely sure of the facts but we know the answer to that ?

How come you did not mention the other (discrepancies) in the articles that he was hired by 3 Army Sgt's to do the hit and the other shooter was an Army Sgt, and the driver and look out were the other 2 Sargent's that paid him to do the killing!

But I noticed you not only left that part out, but stated only "Chalerm,' knows the complete story.

Another cherry picked misrepresentation of the published articles!

Peace

Edited by kikoman
  • Like 1

Forgot to include he was Mr. Matuemang 39, from Narathiwat , that was part of his statements to the police and that he did a re-enactment of the shooting from the back of a pickup truck covered by a blue trap and the other two Sargent's gave him and the other Sgt, the OK to shoot.

They had cased the victim movements to decide the best time to shoot him!

Cheers

Are those hitmen listed in the yellow pages, or have they prices advertised on FB ?

Forgot to include he was Mr. Matuemang 39, from Narathiwat , that was part of his statements to the police and that he did a re-enactment of the shooting from the back of a pickup truck covered by a blue trap and the other two Sargent's gave him and the other Sgt, the OK to shoot.They had cased the victim movements to decide the best time to shoot him!Cheers

So it was all a big trap involving 2 policemen.

That's more conceivable.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Are those hitmen listed in the yellow pages, or have they prices advertised on FB ?

Ask enough people and I am sure you will find someone.

Just over two years ago we had a burglary at our house. To cut a very long story short the main suspect enjoyed some police protection. Another 'good' policeman offered to put us in touch with a couple of guys who could take care of him.

Prices started at 2k bht for a couple of broken legs.

Seemed like a bargain but I should add we didn't take them up on their deal.

The police know the full story, but because it does not point the finger of suspicion to the government opponents, they will not disclose it.

Strange how the police can catch all people committing offenses against red shirt terrorists, yet can never find the attackers of now around 45 incidents against protesters.. hmmmmmmm.

It took the protest guards to do that and one turned out to be a cop.... hmmmmmmm.

You mean the cop that was on duty monitoring the situation, that was almost beaten to death by the protesters even though he hadn't done anything.

Another lie from Rich Teacher:

almost beaten to death by the protesters even though he hadn't done anything.

Done anything except shooting two people, one in the abdomen and one in the leg.

• Like 2

Easy !!! The police. 8000 seems really low. Must be a Thai price. Years ago

in Samui I met a local mafia guy, who told me for 10,000 baht he would kill

anybody I wanted. After that meeting, and realizing how cheap life was here,

I was a lot more careful about who I pissed off........

"Anuchai said that Madeumang confessed to be hired by a senior person whom he respected."

What the hell is this supposed to imply ? The police or the military are involved ? Give the rumors

of the very successful police interrogation ( torture) techniques , I would think they would

have the name of the " senior person" in very short order. So they most likely do in fact

have the name, so then the question becomes why are they not saying who it is ??

Edited by EyesWideOpen

Forgot to include he was Mr. Matuemang 39, from Narathiwat , that was part of his statements to the police and that he did a re-enactment of the shooting from the back of a pickup truck covered by a blue trap and the other two Sargent's gave him and the other Sgt, the OK to shoot.They had cased the victim movements to decide the best time to shoot him!Cheers

That's more conceivable.

Wrong!! Not policeman, active duty Army Sargent's serving in the south! Came all the way up from the deep south to do a hit in the North, a contract shooting!

Cheers

• Like 1

That's more conceivable.

Wrong!! Not policeman, active duty Army Sargent's serving in the south! Came all the way up from the deep south to do a hit in the North, a contract shooting!

Cheers

I was quoting from your original post. Are you changing your story?

Army? Where is the evidence of this?

• Like 1