CMPO To Question Hotels For 'Sheltering' PCAD Leaders

Lite Beer

And if these farmers are so broke why are they not out helping on other farms and doing other work for 300 baht a day. Construction laborer or something. Plenty of work around.

So they can afford not to work and come to Bangkok and protest and then moan they cannot feed their kids.......................... HELLO..............try working instead of protesting, you get money with working...........or perhaps they are getting paid to protest ? giggle.gif

All in my opinion of course.

You are a horrible person.

Go and ask the farmers this.... you know where they are.

He is absolutely right. Suthep has 100 farmers on stage but 10 million farmers upcountry are not as stupid to fall for him.

He is threatening to shut down every bank that lends money to the government to pay farmers. If Suthep didnt do this the farmers would already have their money.

and many more millions would loose all their money. great alternativethumbsup.gif

Lord savior himself Mr Thaksin could lend the money to his little sis to really become God, but then he would never see this money returned.

So i guess the love for the poor is not as strong as love for the money.

PS. Remind me again, what happened to all the rice money?

Edited by whoisyourdaddy

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

coffee1.gif don't see the problem with warning the hotels they are now harbouring people with arrest warrants issued legally by the courts, time to decide for them are they going to continue to be complicit or face the consequences ?

Good move and people should ask why these leaders are in a plush hotel and not a modest one when the people are camped in tents, humility and modesty thai style ? whistling.gif

As you asked the question you must know the answer

so please tell us why

The convicted criminal is living in luxury overseas

We are all waiting to hear your answer

I have heard that in 2010 Dusit Thani was known for being a "red shirt" hotel. Supposedly many of the red leaders stayed there. Change of heart (color) for management, of just hedging bets for the future?

Maybe they just accept paying customers because they are a business.

• Like 1

Can you not see that wanting hotel owners to report on guests is exactly what a fascist state would do?

Under Thai law, hotels are required to provide a list of guests to authorities on a daily basis

Really! I thought that only applied to foreign guests not all guests including Thai nationals.

When the Thai wife and I travel she must register as well where ever we stay

Don't blame the government for not doing its job

lets threaten the hotels, this makes good spin

For Thai nationals as well? Show me the proof and my jaw will drop!

Yes for Thai nationals as well, of course they are required to, what do you think an ID card is for if not used to keep track of people and used to identify who is doing what and where in terms of movement amongst other things ?

Well usually ID cards are to prove your identity. Of course hotels would like to know the people staying with them are really who they say they are in case of fire etc. You can't extrapolate from that, that ID cards are needed so they can be report guests to the police.

While protesters freezing and sleep in tents on the street, Suthep and others leading is sleep in Dusit Thani Hotel and Intercontinental Hotel. Both are 5 stars, the best that money can buy.

Yup -5 centigrade in Silom last night.

Positively hyperthermic...

Next steps will be:

- "Question" all food stalls that sell their wares to these criminals;

- "Question" all public transport companies who sell them tickets;

- "Question" all TV channels that show soap operas enjoyed by PDRC "insurgents"

This pathetic government is getting more desperate by the day.

It all seemed no problem at all in 2010 when certain hotels harbored certain red shirt leaders in their luxuriously appointed rooms (just kidding) from which they could comfortably abseil if the need arose (and didn't settle their accumulated bills).

Well, the PDRC has been selling "shop spots" to street vendors on a daily basis. They walk up and down Sukhumvit walking street every day collecting the fees for shop stalls - which are built on PUBLIC roads.

So you want them to arrest al the store holders as well

What to say, hunting hotel managers, protest leaders, India business men etc.

While the real, convicted, corrupt scum bag, still are free in Dubai.

Visited almost daily by his police force officers and red shirt leaders.

It´s just insane, a farse and unbelivable!

Democracy ala amazing Thailand bah.gif

Huh?

Thais let him out of the country. If you want to blamed anything blame a crazy system that let's flight risks go to the Olympics...

Can you not see that wanting hotel owners to report on guests is exactly what a fascist state would do?

Under Thai law, hotels are required to provide a list of guests to authorities on a daily basis

Really! I thought that only applied to foreign guests not all guests including Thai nationals.

Hahaha. A man who has obviously never made the walk of shame. Of course hotels are supposed to register who stays.

That goes for just about the world over.

Dusit Thani Hotel and Intercontinental Hotel, harboring anti democratic terrorists with arrest warrants for murder.... great headline.

<sarcasm> really smart move by the executive directors of these hotels </sarcasm> if they dont get criminal charges brought against them, they at the very least should be sacked.

Actually, I would say the authorities should be the one's sacked for dereliction of duty in knowing where these people are residing, but failing to arrest them even though warrants have been issued.

lol

Derelection of police enforcement is no excuse to break the law.Can you name a country where that would be allowed?

Next steps will be:

- "Question" all food stalls that sell their wares to these criminals;

- "Question" all public transport companies who sell them tickets;

- "Question" all TV channels that show soap operas enjoyed by PDRC "insurgents"

This pathetic government is getting more desperate by the day.

It all seemed no problem at all in 2010 when certain hotels harbored certain red shirt leaders in their luxuriously appointed rooms (just kidding) from which they could comfortably abseil if the need arose (and didn't settle their accumulated bills).

Well, the PDRC has been selling "shop spots" to street vendors on a daily basis. They walk up and down Sukhumvit walking street every day collecting the fees for shop stalls - which are built on PUBLIC roads.

Really!! I have to ask for proof on this one!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I will quote Hitler here.

“It is not truth that matters, but victory.”

When the Thai wife and I travel she must register as well where ever we stay

Don't blame the government for not doing its job

lets threaten the hotels, this makes good spin

Good to see the TW got a mention again. We almost forgotten about her.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Anyone, it seems, can be arrested anytime for any reason. The proof of the legitimacy of any such actions will be answerable in the courts and "The Court of Public Opinion".

The past has shown that governments often suppress revolutionaries as well as dissenters. Whether the dissent or revolution is legitimate or treasonous rests with the political victor.

Often the rebel becomes the patriot as the present becomes history.

Dusit Thani Hotel and Intercontinental Hotel, harboring anti democratic terrorists with arrest warrants for murder.... great headline.

<sarcasm> really smart move by the executive directors of these hotels </sarcasm> if they dont get criminal charges brought against them, they at the very least should be sacked.

Why should they be sacked, seems to me they are just taking in guests which are at the moment a bit thin on the ground. Terrorists ? warrants for murder, get real, seems half the mp's have murder charges against them.... FFSake, they are in business, freedom of speach does exist here ? they can sell to who ever they want.

What have the managers done wrong ?

Infact they deserve promotion, headlines are good for business & who cares what crap the government turn out about there opponents, no one believes them.

If the media is to be believed all parties in this situation are hardly honest upstanding citizens, perhaps to save your later condemnations no hotel should serve the current ruling party as they will shortly be charged with numerous crimes,

• Like 1

Right or wrong, as the law currently exists - Charges can be brought against any parties who continue to support PCAD "financially." So I would expect that if the two hotels did not charge for lodging, food and services to PCAD leaders or offered an unreasonably high discount (ie., 70%) not normally available to any hotel membership type program, then the hotels did support PCAD financially as a matter of fact. Given no details that would point to the guilt of the two hotels, perhaps the CMPO is going to investigate hotel billings for the leaders to establish what the facts are. Suthep is certainly capable of providing room & board for his top leaders without the hotel comping rooms. But Suthep also shows a preference of threatening people for things he wants.

Ahh the Mandela of the east. I remember the demonizing of Nelson Mandela in 1963 after he had 193 acts of terrorism to his name. They called him an undemocratic terrorist. He actually did have arrest warrants for murder (not made up ones). He was charged with making explosives and participating in a violent revolution. If the people then knew what sprouted from that terrorist I wonder if they would have been so quick to judge him. So quick to demonize him. The people that harbored Nelson Mandela were demonized. They wanted those people killed.

I think the directors of the hotel may well look back in 20 years time and hold their heads high knowing they knew something then that "1 principle of democracy" lovers didn't see. Saw something that the terrorist wing of the Shin regime doesn't want you to see. They saw hope. They saw all the principles of democracy being adhered to. They saw farmers getting paid.

There is hope for Thailand when you have decent folk like these hotel's helping a just cause to make Thailand a better place free of the cancerous regime's that are more at home in Zimbabwe or North Korea or Iran.

Peaceful protesting used to be a democratic right. The transgression to a dictatorship is a slow one. So slow in fact that before you know it your supporting the dictatorship under a guise of democracy.

I pity those poor confused souls.

Did you examine Mandela's history? He did not contest the terrorist charges as being false after being found guilty. But in his encarceration he came to reallize that violent protests were not the means of change. And that is was through peaceful demonstrations and development of a political force that could take power through the electorial process. Obviously Suthep is no Mandela.

What to say, hunting hotel managers, protest leaders, India business men etc.

While the real, convicted, corrupt scum bag, still are free in Dubai.

Visited almost daily by his police force officers and red shirt leaders.

It´s just insane, a farse and unbelivable!

Democracy ala amazing Thailand bah.gif

Huh?

Thais let him out of the country. If you want to blamed anything blame a crazy system that let's flight risks go to the Olympics...

I missed something here...... what's all this Olympics flight risk stuff ?

really smart move by the executive directors of these hotels if they dont get criminal charges brought against them, they at the very least should be sacked.

Actually, I would say the authorities should be the one's sacked for dereliction of duty in knowing where these people are residing, but failing to arrest them even though warrants have been issued.

lol

Derelection of police enforcement is no excuse to break the law.Can you name a country where that would be allowed?

Do you know of many countries were after an arrest warrant has been issued the police DON'T arrest the suspect.

Even when they know where he is BUT instead inform the press of those facts!!!!!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

When the rights of the people are taken away from them

This is a Dictatorship

In the context of democracy and in light of the fact that Suthep has has attempted to take away others right to vote, and considering your statement above, its mind-boggling to think that you still support that loony.

I think the subject of your picture would make a more intelligent post - i try to skip over your posts because after reading them i feel like i ate a lemon!!

Ahh the Mandela of the east. I remember the demonizing of Nelson Mandela in 1963 after he had 193 acts of terrorism to his name. They called him an undemocratic terrorist. He actually did have arrest warrants for murder (not made up ones). He was charged with making explosives and participating in a violent revolution. If the people then knew what sprouted from that terrorist I wonder if they would have been so quick to judge him. So quick to demonize him. The people that harbored Nelson Mandela were demonized. They wanted those people killed.

I think the directors of the hotel may well look back in 20 years time and hold their heads high knowing they knew something then that "1 principle of democracy" lovers didn't see. Saw something that the terrorist wing of the Shin regime doesn't want you to see. They saw hope. They saw all the principles of democracy being adhered to. They saw farmers getting paid.

There is hope for Thailand when you have decent folk like these hotel's helping a just cause to make Thailand a better place free of the cancerous regime's that are more at home in Zimbabwe or North Korea or Iran.

Peaceful protesting used to be a democratic right. The transgression to a dictatorship is a slow one. So slow in fact that before you know it your supporting the dictatorship under a guise of democracy.

I pity those poor confused souls.

Did you examine Mandela's history? He did not contest the terrorist charges as being false after being found guilty. But in his encarceration he came to reallize that violent protests were not the means of change. And that is was through peaceful demonstrations and development of a political force that could take power through the electorial process. Obviously Suthep is no Mandela.

In Sutheps' encarceration he will no doubt come to reallize that violent protests were not the means of change as well. And that it will be through peaceful demonstrations and development of a political force that could take power through the electoral process, post political reform that will allow ALL the principles of democracy to be adhered to. Obviously Suthep is like Mandela.

Edited by djjamie

really smart move by the executive directors of these hotels if they dont get criminal charges brought against them, they at the very least should be sacked.

If the reports of the PTP government giving Thaksin money (1 million $ from what I heard) are true then I would think that could mean charges for them as well.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

...did he pay or was it gratis? big difference

Do you think YL pays for her Samsung, iPhone, Louis Vutton, etc...

The issue isn't one of harbouring a fugitive. The issue is whether the caretaker government is on a mad vendetta to threaten and terrorize everyone and anyone in the nation who fails to get in lock step with its ad hoc orders issued without a legal foundation.