no have.

BOBBYTIN

i traveled to phuket yesterday to buy some furniture,and needed lotss of electrical stuff,about 30k worth.i went to home pro,in chalong,i asked for the things i wanted,and showed the lad, very helpful.20 sockets.only had 6,6 wall lights,only had 2,plug covers,coloure,no have,only display.so,i left with nothing,went to a place on the bypass,leehin or something like that,saw some great lights,i will take 6 of those,no have,order,60 days,ok,double sockets,with facia,no have,can orde,same story in homepro tesco,and as a last resort,called at the new big place,near thalang,started with some lamps,no have,got in the car and left,what a waste of time,question,do they know what stock control is.4 hour return drive for nothing

why not just call them and ask if they have the stuff?

Does that ever work? Plus you would need to have either quite good Thai or a Thai helper/wife

sure it works! expats that been living here for a while and can't speak thai is disgrace, i understand you cant write but speak c'mon son!

and speaking about electric appliance in thai is not that hard, many words comes from english!

• Like 1

Does that ever work? Plus you would need to have either quite good Thai or a Thai helper/wife

sure it works! expats that been living here for a while and can't speak thai is disgrace, i understand you cant write but speak c'mon son!

and speaking about electric appliance in thai is not that hard, many words comes from english!

I personally can speak Thai but most expats can't so that is why I thought your comment probably wouldn't be applicable to the OP

Why need to speak Thai? Just cruise into a bar and ask one of the bargirls to do it for you when your kicking back with a bourbon

I personally can speak Thai but most expats can't so that is why I thought your comment probably wouldn't be applicable to the OP

• Like 1

I have come to accept that shopping in Thailand is not the same as in the real world.

Instead of going to the shop with a list of what you want, go with a plan of what you want to do and then modify that plan with what items are actually available.

smile.png

• Like 1

I have called for items, been told they are there, driven an hour, arrived.. " No hab." Whoops I am so sorry i knocked that display down, oh did it again my apologies, madam.

Can you imagine if just once you were told. " I"m so sorry, we do not have that item. "

or, " we do not have that item but will get it in stock later." I think I would fall down with shock.

• Like 1

In the grand scheme, I wouldn't bat an eyelid. I have a brain [strange, I know] and capable of planning ahead. I search the internet high and low and invariably find what I want with minimal fuss.

i to have a brain,but,i do like to see what i order,quality etc.i also like to shop around.but,i do not like it,when they have it on display ,they do not have it in stock,is all i am saying.i am not new here,i do speak Thai,and phoning to ask is just not an option.

Edited by BOBBYTIN

The House and Home store on Chaofa Road west 2 sets of traffic lights before Central shopping centre

heading north carries a good range of stock of things on display

We bought 7 outside matching lights and a mixer tap for the kitchen their which we could not purchase elsewhere

They only had display items in other stores with little or no stock which you could order

• Like 1

House & Home is mostly low quality stuff.

Not all, but most.

Not true, i do not buy rubbish and am happy with their products and service

You get what you pay for, if you only buy the cheapest item thats the purchasers problem

Ask the staff what they recommend, that usually works