Picallili ?

prk888

Just in case you don't find it in the farang shops....I think all these ingredients are available locally....Good luck, khrap. Jamie's piccalilli 711_1_1350293205_med.jpg No ploughman's is complete without this. Let it mellow in a dark cool cupboard for 1 month before eating. This is the best piccalilli I've ever had. Pile it onto your plate with a ploughman's or spice up ham and colcannon with a generous dollop. Nutritional Information (amount per serving) Calories

23kcal Carbs

3.5g Sugar

2.2g Fat

0.6g Saturates

0.1g Protein

0.7g

Makes 5 x 450g jars Approx time: 95 Difficulty: super easy

Ingredients
  • ½ large cauliflower, cut into small florets
  • 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
  • 2 bulbs fennel, cut into small chuks
  • 4 red chillies, seeds still in, finely sliced
  • 2 green chillies, seeds still in, finely sliced
  • 200 g fine green beans, chopped into short lengths
  • 150 g runner beans, cut into short lengths
  • 300 g shallots, cut into eighths
  • 1 red onion, roughly chopped
  • 2 handfuls fine sea salt
  • 2 tablespoons mustard oil
  • 2 heaped tablespoons mustard seeds
  • 2 tablespoons ground cumin
  • 2 tablespoons turmeric
  • 1 nutmeg, grated
  • 2 tablespoons English mustard powder
  • 4 tablespoons flour
  • 500 ml white wine vinegar
  • 2 apples, grated
  • 2 mangoes, peeled, stoned and roughly chopped
  • 6 tablespoons sugar
  • 3 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 2 tablespoons dried oregano
  • 4 bay leaves
Method Put all the vegetables in a bowl, add the salt and enough water to cover. Leave in a cool place for about 1 hour.

Heat a saucepan big enough to hold all the vegetables. Add the mustard oil to the pan, then fry the mustard seeds, cumin, turmeric and nutmeg for a moment. Lower the heat, add the mustard powder, flour and a splash of vinegar. Stir well to make a thick paste. Gradually add the remaining vinegar and 100ml water, stirring all the time to make a smooth paste. Add the apples, mangoe0s, sugar, garlic, oregano and bay leaves. Cook for 2–3 minutes.

Drain the salted vegetables and add them to the pan, stirring well to coat with the spicy paste. Cook for 10–15 minutes until the vegetables have just softened and started to release some juice. Spoon into sterilized jars (see the how to video http://www.jamieoliver.com/videos/how-to-sterilise-jars) and close the lids tightly.

I have a source who makes and sells beautiful home made Piccalli as well as other pickles, the best Pork pies in the world, S&K Puddings, Ham and bacon. You don't get better than this stuff and the prices are cheaper than the shops. PM me and I will get you a number to call

I have a source who makes and sells beautiful home made Piccalli as well as other pickles, the best Pork pies in the world, S&K Puddings, Ham and bacon. You don't get better than this stuff and the prices are cheaper than the shops. PM me and I will get you a number to call

Where is the guy ?

Cant you just share this ''guy's information if he really sells everything I assume he would like to sell more right?

As we are at it anyways, I am trying to find sweet and sour pickles, see loads of jars at Foodland and Big C but cant seem to find these ones. Found the English and French ones but they arent the ones I am want :)

I can help.

Go to Na Na delhi shop on Nong Prue Road. It's in the are between soi siam country club and soi nern plabwan. As you are heading dow,n going south, it is on your right side just past the top 10 bar..blue clour shop, it is set off the road slightly higher up with space to park outside. They have just started selling home made Picalilli, it's quiet lumpy if that's how you like it.

I can help.

Go to Na Na delhi shop on Nong Prue Road. It's in the are between soi siam country club and soi nern plabwan. As you are heading dow,n going south, it is on your right side just past the top 10 bar..blue clour shop, it is set off the road slightly higher up with space to park outside. They have just started selling home made Picalilli, it's quiet lumpy if that's how you like it.

I go there a lot, the picallili is a little strong but very tasty! and they also do nice pork pies.