Non 'O' - proof of custody of child - ?

I will try again to get a Non 'O' from Hull when i'm back in the UK soon, I tried last year but was unaware the goal posts had moved again and a simple wedding certificate wasn't enough any more, anyway I see that you can get the visa if your visiting your child, I live in Thailand, married and we have a little boy, the requirements are:

1. 2) Visiting Thai child living in Thailand.

Evidence required

a) Birth Certificate of child showing relationship.

B) Proof of having Legal Custody of the child.

Please note that a child is regarded as an adult when attaining 20 years of age.

I have mailed the consulate in Hull about B) proof of having custody and the last said it's a Thai legal document that I have to get from a Thai lawyer here, does anyone know the name of this, have you done it etc?????

Thanks

If you are married you can still get a multiple entry non-o and you don't have to go to the UK to get it. You can get it in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof.

Hull is showing still showing that financial proof if married but the embassy website does not. There have been reports of people getting them from the other consulates with no financial proof.

If you are still married you will not be able to get a non-o based upon having a child because you would not be able to get proof of custody.

Are you aware the consulates can no longer accept mail applications. The embassy is the only place you can now do a mail in application.

You can get a multiple entry non-o in Savannakhet Laos. There are many reports on the forum about it.

Custody is only needed if you are divorced or have never been married to the child's mother.

A lawyer cannot do the document it has to obtained through a Amphoe or the courts.

I was writing about mail in applications not that they have to be approved by the embassy.

From embassy website.

The Royal Thai Embassy in London commenced its visa application by post service on the 2 January 2014. Termination of visa services by post at the Royal Thai Consulates in the United Kingdom and Ireland (namely, the Royal Thai Consulates in Birmingham, Cardiff, Hull, Liverpool, Glasgow, Gibralta and Dublin) will be effective from the 15 January 2014.
  • Like 1