Thai policeman shot dead in protest clashes in Bangkok

webfact

well its being reported in Australia that the thai police shot dead two protesters so going by the ptp laws we will now see yl, chalerm and tarit up on murder charges. I am waiting for all our reds to come in and say it is different to 2010, they seemed to think that the dems were responsible(even though the reds were shooting, throwing grenades and setting fires) for everything so we can only return the compliment, the ptp are guilty especially seeing they have already set the rules to be followed, yingluck is officially a murderer and so is chalerm and tarit

Edited by seajae
  • Like 2

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I look forward to the murder charges being bought against Poo and Chalerm, of course they'll be. In Dubai soon , in exile for good, unless the protestors get a chance to hang them upside down from lamposts, which would be rather fitting.

• Like 1

Excuse me, but are the above posts actually made by expats living in and out of Thailand?

I have been here for over 20 years and was on the front line on the night of May 17 1992 when Thai security troops under the Suchinda government opened fire at protesters gathering at Sanam Luang.

I am so proud (then and now) to see the heart of the Thai people out on the streets farmers and all.

Expats....do your homework. Do just a little research and you will find a history of a man (Thaksin) who has been a hugely corrupt and an unscrupulous and greedy parasitic megalomaniac who will NEVER be able to steal enough money from this great country.

He is a convicted criminal who has siphoned billions upon billions of baht from the Thai people and now under his own sister has completely ruined the best quality and best producing rice industry in the world!

It is gone with Cambodia winning last years Best Jasmine rice in the world award and India and Vietnam's rice harvests both out producing Thailand.

They have ruined the country and totally divided the Thai people.

For God's sake! These poor rice farmers are the very people the Shinawatra's convinced to vote for them.

Yingluck doesn't even have the integrity or consideration to even show up to appease these poor farmers and Chalerm is running scared and half mad as he knows that if the Shinawatra Regime crashes his career and life is over and that includes his alleged murdering son.

The alleged murdering son comment is simply information taken from public domain (Google it!) and should not be omitted.

Wikipedia: Chalerm Yubamrung: In 2001 Duangchalerm was arraigned for the murder of a police officer. After deserting from the Army and fleeing to Malaysia, he returned and handed himself in. He was released from jail on bail terms in 2003, and finally acquitted as the court considered the evidence insufficient and the witnesses accounts contradictory.[

Notation: In Thailand the word contradictory is often a synonym for purchasable.

Yes, it does seem that you have to organize a band of corrupt thugs to become Prime Minister in Thailand but plundering the nations funds, ruining the country while turning Thai citizen against Thai citizen and then spitting on our King is just NOT in the cards folks.......it ain't gunna happen!

Yes, Suthep has his own allegations of a corrupt history......but which one of you would walk in his shoes today....for even a minute!

The man is and will go down historically as a super hero and servant to our King and the people of Siam......want to bet?

Stand up Khun Thai! Stand up every Thai farmer that gave their rice harvest and received nothing in return!

Fight this insanely evil piece of dung and through every generation of his family out with him as they have disgraced our King, our country and the very souls of our people.

Yes, I'm white but I'm no expat!

This is my home, my King and my brothers and sisters.

Fight on and drive the snake out of the land!

Now let's turn this over again to the usual ignorant barking dogs so they can shoot their uneducated and sorry asses off!

you failed to mention that the policeman was being held by the alleged killers brothers as he allegedly executed him and he was promoterd in the police force to a shooting instructor, OIT

Three weeks ago we were in Bangkok staying right beside the Lumpini protest site. We had no issue at all.

Funny thing; the girl in the hotel said the protests were peaceful and the concierge at The Centara Central World actually said....and he was being serious!...."We Thais are peaceful people. We talk and we don't fight"!

I asked him was this before or after the (then) 15 killed and over 700 injured? "Ah, you have been to Thailand before?". Yes I have you lying fraud.

I asked the receptionist the same question and she of course just smiled.

Reality hasn't hit home fully yet..

I can understand the hotel girl & the concierge saying that - after all, their hotels are pretty empty, no point in scaring customers, moreover the hotels are not being targeted yet.

Even the Tourism Authority of Thailand can truthfully say that more tourists have died from falling off balconies than from being shot by rioters.

Nevertheless, I am avoiding all protest sites from now on - I've seen a few, my curiosity is satiated, and now the guards seem less friendly than previously.

Excuse me, but are the above posts actually made by expats living in and out of Thailand?

I have been here for over 20 years and was on the front line on the night of May 17 1992 when Thai security troops under the Suchinda government opened fire at protesters gathering at Sanam Luang.

I am so proud (then and now) to see the heart of the Thai people out on the streets farmers and all.

Expats....do your homework. Do just a little research and you will find a history of a man (Thaksin) who has been a hugely corrupt and an unscrupulous and greedy parasitic megalomaniac who will NEVER be able to steal enough money from this great country.

He is a convicted criminal who has siphoned billions upon billions of baht from the Thai people and now under his own sister has completely ruined the best quality and best producing rice industry in the world!

It is gone with Cambodia winning last years Best Jasmine rice in the world award and India and Vietnam's rice harvests both out producing Thailand.

For God's sake! These poor rice farmers are the very people the Shinawatra's convinced to vote for them.

Yingluck doesn't even have the integrity or consideration to even show up to appease these poor farmers and Chalerm is running scared and half mad as he knows that if the Shinawatra Regime crashes his career and life is over and that includes his alleged murdering son.

The alleged murdering son comment is simply information taken from public domain (Google it!) and should not be omitted.

Wikipedia: Chalerm Yubamrung: In 2001 Duangchalerm was arraigned for the murder of a police officer. After deserting from the Army and fleeing to Malaysia, he returned and handed himself in. He was released from jail on bail terms in 2003, and finally acquitted as the court considered the evidence insufficient and the witnesses accounts contradictory.[

Notation: In Thailand the word contradictory is often a synonym for purchasable.

Yes, it does seem that you have to organize a band of corrupt thugs to become Prime Minister in Thailand but plundering the nations funds, ruining the country while turning Thai citizen against Thai citizen and then spitting on our King is just NOT in the cards folks.......it ain't gunna happen!

Yes, Suthep has his own allegations of a corrupt history......but which one of you would walk in his shoes today....for even a minute!

The man is and will go down historically as a super hero and servant to our King and the people of Siam......want to bet?

Stand up Khun Thai! Stand up every Thai farmer that gave their rice harvest and received nothing in return!

Fight this insanely evil piece of dung and through every generation of his family out with him as they have disgraced our King, our country and the very souls of our people.

Now let's turn this over again to the usual ignorant barking dogs so they can shoot their uneducated and sorry asses off!

Nicely put, but hopefully you do realise that many millions of Thai people disagree with you.

• Like 2

Suthep is to blame for this , he is a raving idiot, It is obvious that the firing is coming from the protesters, if the Police were doing the shooting Why is one dead and at least 4 or more wounded, Thai news stated 29 some were injured at noon, did not say which sides.

It is time for the rule of law to be enforced, let the army do what they may!.

Why do you bother to post other than to stir the pot. This is full of contradictions. So of the 29 injured lets assume some were protesters then how were they injured?

They were hurt by DISOBEYING the LAW. If the army were to come in do you realize how many people would be killed????????

Wake up for crying outloud, PTP disobeying the law since 2010...and really ever since square face bought his way in to power. This is in no way comparable to a city under absolute siege in 2010. But some are brainwashed by their Isaan bird enough to think so...or to kiss it up, for whatever in law benefits they think they'll reap.

Well, 3 people have been killed now, one policeman and two protesters on BBC it said the police went in to take over the rally site armed with shields and batons and were met by live gun fire ,one policeman dead, 4 wounded.So the fascist started the gun fire.

You are the one that needs to wake up, someone needs to buy you a calendar, Sonny it is 2014, not 2010 you are talking about the wrong battle. those Pattaya LB have fed you the wrong line!

cheers

And before Tharit, Chalerm and their supporters here say that the police wasn't armed.

What a stupid statement. Police are allowed to be armed to defend the rights of the common man not the criminal protesters.

Wait for the news buddy. I have just heard that Tharit said that the police only used rubber bullets

Maybe only rubber bullets were fired.....but these cops are SO guys.....they have M16 weapons.....no rubber bullets from these!

Chalerm and Yingluck are to be blamed for this.

Didn't the Royalist yellow shirts have a fair crack of the whip to mould Thailand's history the past 100 years?

Sending their children to learn in the west, did they not learn anything from the history lessons?

Relegating the poor to a substandard education.

The yellow shirts have never wanted a population of citizens capable of critical thinking.

They don't want educated well informed voters.
They want workers.
The Red shirts are the result!
  • Like 1

And before Tharit, Chalerm and their supporters here say that the police wasn't armed.

What a stupid statement. Police are allowed to be armed to defend the rights of the common man not the criminal protesters.

Who's hold on, if you would care to troll through years of reports a question emerges, and that is how many policemen carry officially issued weapons and how many carry privately purchased weapons of their choice. May not seem like a big issue except when it comes to weapons control.

Nicely put, but hopefully you do realise that many millions of Thai people disagree with you.

At this point....less and less everyday!

Is it funny that the rice farmers got paid 500 baht to vote for <deleted> and then lost hundreds of thousands of baht after giving their entire rice crops to Yingluck (her government and her Rice Association!).

Hopefully you do realize that there never has been a democracy here pal.

All we little folk ask is NOT to steal too much from us!

Edited by The Boz

And who said the protesters don't have weapons. More lies.

Please calm down.

This is just an isolated incident.

I am sure it is just an accidental discharge.

Not the fault of the protesters.

I won't happen again.

Suthep's protesters came in peace and with no weapons.

Every violence, every human rights offense, etc., is just a "maipenlai" in Thailand, we all know, and we all "Must Respect" this sick culture! Or be "punished"!

The pressure cooker has been on the stove a long time now, seems they have turned on the gas and fired it up,was to be expected. No one wants to step back an inch so the only way is forward with swords drawn. Maybe this will be the storm that clears the air, make every one stop and think,but i doubt it, it is more likely the harbinger of the hurricane.

Pookiki: I am guessing that you have been here less than 5 years if at all as you seem not to have much vested here.

As for your comment about democracy....it would be real helpful if you understood and realized that there has never been any democracy here pal.

All we little folk ask is NOT to steal too much from us!

What do you want the Thais to do....let Yingluck and Thaksin back in the government?

The money's all gone maybe she and he could ship the rest of the rice to whichever country she is going to hide after the charges of fraud and plundering are waged against her.

Is that your scenario for peace?

Yes! Let's give her another chance.

Unfortunately that is about the understanding of those that allegedly voted for her.

You just joined the crowd....the dwindling crowd.

Picture of used ammunition used by the protesters to shoot at police.

The picture was taken by people living near the protest site.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

But funny that the police had the guns to use it.....And there were reports that the police used them.

But of course that could be confused with rubber bullets....

Uhm... On this picture (already posted before) of "material" seized at the protest site... you can see similar ammunition...

But, of course, the yellow farangs will come up with all sorts of stories to convince the world that it is "Thaksin himself who shot the police in order to get his money back" (or similar irrational comment smile.png )

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1392707204.335841.jpg

Sent from my iPhone...

Unfortunately the caretaker government have been caught telling lies on numerous occasions as have some senior policemen. That's not to suggest the protesters are always telling the truth either.

The weapons seized could be genuine or planted - none of us know, do we, You choose to believe the PTP version, that's up to you. But don't try and portray anything they say as "fact" without some sort of independent confirmation.

All we know is that both sides can be very economical with the truth and PTP leaders always keep referring to the "mysterious third hand".

Chalerm and Yingluck are to be blamed for this.

Wrong!!!! suthep and his band of thugs are responsible for this. If they had not done what they are doing this would not have happened.

Suthep and his "band of thugs" include people from all across the socio/economic strata of Thailand. They are reacting to the massive rape of Thailand by PTP as dictated by ShinCorp. Always remember, the one and only purpose of the Yingluck govt. is/was to get Thaksin back. Nothing more, nothing less.

I suppose suthep when he was in he was a lilly white clean dude????? He is just as greedy as the rest of them only he killed 90 people 3 -4 years ago and refuses to go to court. What would the court do if that was you?

I notice you read red rhetoric. Total deaths in 2010 was 92, which included general public, after red rabble fired M79's into Silom station, and Army shot by reds on Rajdamnoen, to name a couple of examples from the many.

Many millions also agree. Thaksin is a past master at manipulating the media and fighting a mis-information propaganda war. Once the majority find out or accept that the Thaksin regime continually lies and spreads false information, then it's easy for them to switch sides. I wish some of you right wing farangs could actually understand the bigger picture.

"The arrests don't affect us. The will of the people is still strong. The government is trapped. It has no way forward."

Yes, the will of .00064 % of the people. C'mon, get the riot gear on and get these mobsters off the streets. Of course give them a 24 hour heads up to clear their children and elderly (that they are using as shields) off the sites.

BTW What happened to the purple water cannons that were being used in the beginning? I thought that was a good idea along the line of ink bombs in banknote heists.

Yes they should.

Then identify and arrest.

Did you see the abhisit interview on CNN at the time when the police had just used the purple water cannon?

He alluded darkly to the bewildered unknowing interviewer that the police were now using chemicals, whoah, like maybe he was meaning chemical weapons all the while really knowing that purple dye was being used.

• Like 1

this will end in a coup,i saw heavy movment by army tanks,apc.s and humvees on saturday coming back to Petchabun,some going north,some south.

Not all coups are bad coups. You have toplace them in context. The majority of Good Thais know that the army is on their side. They also understand that the police are not.

• Like 1

@kikoman

You said

Well, 3 people have been killed now, one policeman and two protesters on BBC it said the police went in to take over the rally site armed with shields and batons and were met by live gun fire ,one policeman dead, 4 wounded.So the fascist started the gun fire.

You are the one that needs to wake up, someone needs to buy you a calendar, Sonny it is 2014, not 2010 you are talking about the wrong battle. those Pattaya LB have fed you the wrong line!

cheers

Me

I've just read the BBC website and it says no such thing. Where did you get that BBC line from?

Edited by Bluespunk

Bottom line is NO Deaths would have occurred had there never been a protest !

Blame whomever you want doesn't take away the fact that deaths HAVE occurred due to this protest. Yingluck is still the caretaker PM no amount of protesting is going to shift her!! So get used to it

• Like 2

I wouldn't place a cent on your bid

Instead, I believe, the "real problem" in Thailand, are the two sides, both of them indoctrinated in their own way, each side backing up their own criminals/crimes, only weighing off each other's crimes and to accuse each other "You are the bigger criminal".

So what's the point, really? What difference does it make, who gets the run on screwing their own country?

Fact is, somewhere down the line, something went completely wrong, and the wrong is only built up and up and up - because of what I just said!.

The more I follow all these puppet and muppet shows, the more sick the whole country shines. Your cold-heartedness, your blindness, your brainless and unwillingness to get to work, instead but, keep accusing each other, break out in violence, etc., will achieve ONLY MORE hate for each other, than you're already filled up with. And if you look closely in the mirror, it's already overflowing!

And Thailand is a country with a "Buddha" shrine every 10 meters along the roads, in every house?

Dispickable - all I can say!

Get your act together, Thailand. Stop running into your temples for praying to Buddha, Buddha ONLY helps people through their own hands.

If you keep growing your hate inside - but smile outside and are violent and kill, are a sick minded person ... NOTHING you will achieve, but more misery, and more of it, still!

Go home, all of you. Watch a few videos of the Dalai Lama, to calm down and learn what he talks about "compassion" - then go, and meet and work things out. TRANSPARENT TO YOUR FOLK!

Turn yourself into "HUMAN", so you can respect humanity!

Edited by NHT