racism among expats in thailand

yanyk

Don't go and get the guy upset -- he probably hasn't fully recovered from their pulling the plug on his tag-team partner the Hill guy.

Oh look! It's Lester Nygaard

Look where? but someone will maybe be along soon to agree with & like everything you say just like in the good ol' times.

Edited by JLCrab

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like an african american to explain something to me...

....if the n-word is so offensive and taboo, why do the african americans use it so gratuitously themselves?

Serious question.

I could explain it to you, but I'm not an african-american.

Seeing as you're demanding that they explain themselves, I guess we'll just have to wait until one comes along.

Well, go ahead….

Amusing post. Yes, there are many bigoted foreigners in Thailand. Read the world news section of Thai Visa and you will see them in action.

It seems that you still have your delusional interpretations of Thailand on. Thais are not fond of black people. No one in Asia is. If they were not negatively inclined the sale of whitening lotions would not have such a large market share. Dark skin is considered low end. Period. Have a look at the very large billboards all around the country and notice the heavy use of white powder and the absence of any dark complexioned people.

The common term for a thief four some is now "Nigerian". For example, I was visiting my friend last week. Before I left the hotel he asked if I had locked everything up in case a Nigerian tried to steal something. He didn't say black man, but used the term Nigerian. I don't think there is a Nigerian in Chiang Mai, let alone who was prepared to climb 10 storeys to get into my hotel room. I started hearing this term about 2 years ago.

The common term for a thief four some is now "Nigerian".

Rollox. Absolute tosh.

You must be hanging

with the lowest of the

low.Never heard this

.....ever Same as

saying the common

term for paedophile

is 'falang'.

The fact that their

beauty ideal favours

fair skin doesn't

automatically mean

they're negative

towards blacks.

They may not like

the Nigerians but I've

never seen a black

Brit or Yank treated

with anything but

respect.

Edited by YeahSiam

It can happen to almost anyone, someday, to express a xenophobic / racist opinion - it's not a "whites only" attitude. Rather often, the same who complain about racism have their own préjudices; less and less people pretend to be fair and have no préjudices. Some fight against, for others, the subject is not tabou. any more.

The common term for a thief four some is now "Nigerian".

Rollox. Absolute tosh.

You must be hanging

with the lowest of the

low.Never heard this

.....ever Same as

saying the common

term for paedophile

is 'falang'.

The fact that their

beauty ideal favours

fair skin doesn't

automatically mean

they're negative

towards blacks.

They may not like

the Nigerians but I've

never seen a black

Brit or Yank treated

with anything but

respect.

I'll be sure to inform my 'low life' friend who ranks significantly higher than you on the Thai social status scale in terms of position, education and wealth that he is the lowest of the low. The term Nigerian is quite common amongst people under the age of 30 and is slowly creeping into the vernacular of older folks.

You acknowledge that white skin is the desired status, but then make the statement that it doesn't mean someone has a negative attitude. towards blacks. Logic isn't your strong suit is it? Dark complexions are undesirable and the darker the complexion, the more likely the person will be associated with lower class status. That's a fact of life. In Thailand, social status is everything.

In respect to this thread, it has become a manipulative exercise, with people being played off against each other. My understanding is that the OP is a a self professed teacher in Pattaya. He then wonders why he is discriminated against. Two words: Pattya and teacher. It isn't the skin colour.

i grew up in black ghettos in the states and i can tell you they call themselves african americans but the blacks in thailand are the african variety sometimes referred to as niger or nigerian and these come from very poor environments not the same in character at all to american blacks and these so called african blacks have pronounced foreheads and widely spaced eyes that differ remarkably from typical american african americans

RACIST!!!!!!

and these so called blacks or nigerians have a hankering for fried foods such as fried chicken and other fatty items that are made from hydrogenated oils and they also cause skin oils that lead to excessive perspiration. now, when coming across so called nigerians of blacks say 'blood' and they will immediately become satiated upon reflecting on past crimes and you will have time to get away, bit if you even come across a so called black nigerian and cannot flee appeal to your brain and intellect for solution, while surely any attempt at brute force, con or sexual manipulation is doomed to failure, these such trais being far more advanced in blacks as well as nigerians.

i grew up in black ghettos in the states and i can tell you they call themselves african americans but the blacks in thailand are the african variety sometimes referred to as niger or nigerian and these come from very poor environments not the same in character at all to american blacks and these so called african blacks have pronounced foreheads and widely spaced eyes that differ remarkably from typical american african americans

RACIST!!!!!!

and these so called blacks or nigerians have a hankering for fried foods such as fried chicken and other fatty items that are made from hydrogenated oils and they also cause skin oils that lead to excessive perspiration. now, when coming across so called nigerians of blacks say 'blood' and they will immediately become satiated upon reflecting on past crimes and you will have time to get away, bit if you even come across a so called black nigerian and cannot flee appeal to your brain and intellect for solution, while surely any attempt at brute force, con or sexual manipulation is doomed to failure, these such trais being far more advanced in blacks as well as nigerians.

Are you for real?

I'll be sure to inform my 'low life' friend who ranks significantly higher than you on the Thai social status scale in terms of position, education and wealth that he is the lowest of the low. The term Nigerian is quite common amongst people under the age of 30 and is slowly creeping into the vernacular of older folks.

You acknowledge that white skin is the desired status, but then make the statement that it doesn't mean someone has a negative attitude. towards blacks. Logic isn't your strong suit is it? Dark complexions are undesirable and the darker the complexion, the more likely the person will be associated with lower class status. That's a fact of life. In Thailand, social status is everything.

In respect to this thread, it has become a manipulative exercise, with people being played off against each other. My understanding is that the OP is a a self professed teacher in Pattaya. He then wonders why he is discriminated against. Two words: Pattya and teacher. It isn't the skin colour.

Isn't it funny how people

like you always seem to

have a convenient

imaginary 'friend' - of

suitably high standing in

Thai society, of course -

who's always said exactly

what they claim just in

time to back up an

asinine post on a

Thaivisa thread. Pathetic

The skin tone/class status

thing in Thailand applies

among their own people

and other Asians. They

don't automatically dislike

someone because of their

skin colour you silly old man.

So much for barstool

anthropology

Edited by YeahSiam

like you always seem to

have a convenient

imaginary 'friend' - of

what they claim just in

time to back up an

asinine post on a

among their own people

and other Asians. They

someone because of their

silly old man.

So much for barstool

anthropology

LOL. He's the one who used the term. I had never heard it before. I discovered later, this is an increasingly popular term. The expression "curry man" is a term commonly used in Patong for Indians & Nepalis. The first time I heard it I laughed because it was so silly.

In respect to my friend, his higher status was in comparison to yours. I have known him for 5 years. He doesn't drink in bars so unlikely his comment was barstool anthropology.

like you always seem to

have a convenient

imaginary 'friend' - of

what they claim just in

time to back up an

asinine post on a

among their own people

and other Asians. They

someone because of their

silly old man.

So much for barstool

anthropology

thumbsup.gifclap2.gifthumbsup.gif

LOL. He's the one who used the term. I had never heard it before. I discovered later, this is an increasingly popular term. The expression "curry man" is a term commonly used in Patong for Indians & Nepalis. The first time I heard it I laughed because it was so silly.

In respect to my friend, his higher status was in comparison to yours. I have known him for 5 years. He doesn't drink in bars so unlikely his comment was barstool anthropology.

'Barstool anthropology'

describes your cocked-

up understanding of the

skin tone/status dynamic

and its application to

people who aren't even

Asian.

You've got just enough

knowledge to be

dangerous but, mercifully,

only to yourself

'Barstool anthropology'

describes your cocked-

up understanding of the

skin tone/status dynamic

and its application to

people who aren't even

Asian.

You've got just enough

knowledge to be

only to yourself

OK. What are you trying to achieve here? Is it a demonstration that you are incapable of formatting a comment and will only post 2-4 words per line before starting a new line? Is this therapy for you, providing an opportunity to lash out at people and to blame them for your predicament? Is it to provoke people?

Do you not grasp that no one cares about your perceived slights? They really don't. It has nothing to do with your skin colour either.

I speak and understand Thai after 26 years here,only hear kids say anything rudeish, but its the same stuff as western kids say.Too Tall, short arse, fatty,milkyman if your white,choclateman if you black,no real mallice.

True, although I find even that's rare. More often than not it's immature groups of teenagers or twenty somethings who are in a group, usually with at least one kathoey with them who might point out "farang" or "big nose" "fatty" as you say or some other ignorant, racist, rude or inappropriate comment you wouldn't expect people of that age group to say in public to a stranger, even if they think said stranger (in this case foreigner) can't understand what they're talking about. Younger children tend to be maturer than some of the twenty somethings here, in my experience. Like you, I am fluent in Thai and know exactly what everyone is saying.

Malice intended or not, it can be intimidating and downright frustrating, even though there is, as you say usually no ill intent directed towards you but it can make you hyper aware of your surroundings and more self-conscious as a result.

One would think in this day and age, even Thailand would be more used to the concept of diversity and different races/cultures mixing as is the global trend.

It's same in the US, minorities are generally more racist than the majority

Of course, it's their way of attaining more power. And with cultural marxism pigeonholing the white man, demoralizing him and trying to wipe him out of existence being the dominant ideology, it's no wonder. It's very easy to exploit the whole PC and racism thing by screaming "racist" everytime someone says or does anything you disagree with, which just devalues the whole term even further. It's even easier if said individual happens to be white, because cultural marxism despises white people and white men in particular.

As long as expats don't go attacking Thais & other Asians with knives and screwdrivers, it should be ok.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3519185/Auckland-teenager-bars-spate-brutal-attacks-Asian-students.html

Like that would ever happen. Expats are in the 0.001% range of the population. If there were ever a violent racist attack here in Thailand, it's 99.999% certain it will be Thais or other Asians vs. minorities (such as westerners) certainly not the other way around. One would wonder what's wrong with a western expat if he/she chose to attack Thais on racial grounds, in Thailand! That wouldn't make any sense because being surrounded by Thais, they'd literally have to attack every single person around them.

If westerners (or other non-Asians) are racist to the point of wanting to commit violence against Asians, the last place they would come to do this is in the homeland of Asian people, which is Asia.

'Barstool anthropology'

describes your cocked-

up understanding of the

skin tone/status dynamic

and its application to

people who aren't even

Asian.

You've got just enough

knowledge to be

only to yourself

OK. What are you trying to achieve here? Is it a demonstration that you are incapable of formatting a comment and will only post 2-4 words per line before starting a new line? Is this therapy for you, providing an opportunity to lash out at people and to blame them for your predicament? Is it to provoke people?

Do you not grasp that no one cares about your perceived slights? They really don't. It has nothing to do with your skin colour either.

Predicament? What

predicament? I simply

called you out on your

fabricated bullshit and

your foolish belief that

Thais include other

races in their skin tone/

social status cultural

mores.

You made a complete

ass of yourself by saying

Thai people dislike black

people because they don't

match their beauty ideal.

By your barstool logic,

that means Thais love

Caucasians because

they have pale skin. We

all know that's not the

case.

Idiocy beyond compare

Edited by YeahSiam

If you go through a tunnel in Nana there is a bar with a sign that says "No Africa Man."

Really, and where would that be exactly?

Do you mean the one that used to be between Suk soi 5 and 7?

Perhaps you should address your concerns to the owners of the establishment.

The same soi where certain gentlemen were barred from entering the premises becoz of nefarious activities.

The same soi where you would be asked on entering Foodland, what you want brutha?

I have a friend from Ghana who lives in Thailand and has also lived in several other countries. His experience is that Thais are the most racist people he has met.

Here in the provinces he apparently has no problem but down in Bangkok he says people look horrified at his presence and even wipe themselves if he accidentally brushes past them.

Why is it always a white guy saying this? I've yet to meet a black person in Thailand who's had any bad experiences. Even the black members on TV who comment from time to time have not mentioned being the target of racism by Thais. It's as if some white folks in Thailand feel a desperate need to convince everyone that Thais are racist against blacks. But reality is nothing like that.

Depends on the definition of "racism". It also depends a lot on whether the foreigner, who could be white, black, Indian, whatever actually understands Thai, misunderstands it, misinterprets the situation etc. leading to the charge of racism.

Many Thais are racist, both towards black and white people. Yes, probably more towards black people but with the very low numbers of black people in Thailand it's hard to say with any certainty, short of a survey. However, I have seen surveys made for a group of Thai professionals who worked for a multinational with other professionals who were sent for a project to Thailand from India, known in Thai as "khaek". Many of the Thais in that company initially quit when they found out they were going to work with Indians. The survey questionnaire was, from a western perspective very politically incorrect. But this is Thailand and after having filled out the survey, the respondents were very honest about their feelings responding that Indians were "stingy", "smelly", "loud" etc.

After the results were handed to the Indians they changed some of their habits to conform more with Thai culture, for example, putting on deodorant, not being as aggressive over monetary issues, being a little quieter etc. and then fewer of the Thai team felt the need to quit anymore after they gained exposure to the Indian workers.

It is also a fact in my experience, speaking fluent Thai that Thais do occasionally speak about you behind your back, just based on your physical appearance. Sometimes the comments will be positive, other times they can be interpreted to be negative. The big difference between Thailand and western countries (and many other countries) is that racism is usually subtle and rarely involves random violence, hostility or offensive language shouted at an individual or group of individuals in a loud manner. That's probably what causes so much debate on the matter here in Thailand - just because nobody tried to punch you in the face because you're white, black whatever, doesn't make Thailand a non-racist society. You have to look for the subtle clues and they are actually everywhere and they affect us all even if you're unaware of it.

No matter the number of foreign tourists and even expats that come to Thailand, Thailand is still a very race conscious society and while few people will stare at foreigners [anymore], the constant need to use terms like "farang", "dam" (which means black) or other distinguishing terms is clear evidence that Thais do not yet want to come to terms with the concept of diversity or multiple races and nationalities living amongst them and these races being equal to Thais. There's always this "us vs. them" mentality, which irrespective of how long certain individual expats have lived amongst Thais does not seem to fade away. It's not much different in most Asian countries, although a bit better in Myanmar, Malaysia and Singapore, just because those countries are more heterogeneous and less homogeneous than Thailand.

If you go through a tunnel in Nana there is a bar with a sign that says "No Africa Man."

I'll take your word for it...

There were many bars in the Lower Sukhumwit Road area which operated a 'colour bar' aimed against 'Africa Man' especially in the now demolished 'Blade Runner Alley' which could be what ev1lchris was referring to.

Following a big Immigration 'clear up' a couple of years ago that targeted mainly Africans and Arabs in the soi 3/5 area, which saw numbers of 'Africa Man' in the area greatly reduced (literally overnight), the signs mostly vanished though one or two bars in that area kept the signs up until the very end.

In fairness the Africans in the Lower Sukhumwit area didn't really do much to endear themselves to the locals. Often hogging space in bars, and pool tables over one or two beers shared between a group of 6/7 big intimidating blokes so paying punters couldn't get a look in to some bars. Also trying to extort money from 'Johns' walking in the area with their freelance girls by claiming to be their 'pimps' and demanding money from the 'John' for their girl's services, when the girl was nothing to do with them, this scam led to a few girls from well known freelance bars in the area reporting them to the police to no avail, then trying to stir trouble between Africa Man' and motorcycle taxi boys in the area (as there would have been only one winner in that battle) but the 'clear out' came before things reached a head on that front thankfully as that could have got messy.

Ten years in Thailand have never seen racism against anyone, except from Thais to anyone that isnt Thai. 2nd post in a month for the OP stating he feels racism exists, firstly from potential employees and now expats. Sometimes it isnt down to ones colour or culture that they are rejected or not particulary liked but down to the way the individual comes accross.......and sometimes it is imaginary. Would be nice OP if you post the 'highest forms of racism' you have experienced so wehave more of an idea what you are going through.

like no thai have ever called me a NIGGA, i dress well like a teacher that i'm. i have sat down with expats and they say,hey man what are u doing here (in Thailand) i reply i'm a teacher' i see they all looked each other..and one stupid one asked..'are u kidding me? what school? and i don't have a job?....i cant really count these meetings..i applied through and agency to get a teaching job, they bluntly told me that the agency will never put a black man on their radar..i told him i was in a school that don't really care about color but want to only take me if i had an agency buy they still refu

Racism aside. You are teaching in Thailand for a poor salary.

If that is all the skill you have in this world, racism would be the last thing I would be worrying about.

Why travel half way around the world to teach in Thailand? Why not teach in the USA?

Once you have experience in Thailand, you will understand what all the other posters are saying.

99% of the Thai's associate color with Africa, no matter what you tell them.

Africans do not have a good reputation in Thailand. Look at the Thai jail roster and see how many are imprisoned in Thailand.

It is unfortunate, however, Thai's will talk behind you, they are not brazen enough to talk to your face.

You knew what you were getting into when you moved to Thailand, you know the reasons you are in Thailand in the first place.

Nothing that happens should be a surprise.

Enjoy Florida, BW. Let's just hope your wife doesn't get mistaken for a black person.

Just tell her not to go out at night wearing a hoodie, and she should be OK.

Threads like these really do show that bigotry towards Thai people expressed by Thai bashers, more often than not extends to other racial and ethnic minorities as well.

Minorities? Where are we here? In Thailand a minority is anyone who is non-Asian. That includes both white and black people.

Please re-phrase. We're not in Kansas anymore, Dorothy.

Racism aside. You are teaching in Thailand for a poor salary.

If that is all the skill you have in this world, racism would be the last thing I would be worrying about.

Why travel half way around the world to teach in Thailand? Why not teach in the USA?

Once you have experience in Thailand, you will understand what all the other posters are saying.

99% of the Thai's associate color with Africa, no matter what you tell them.

Africans do not have a good reputation in Thailand. Look at the Thai jail roster and see how many are imprisoned in Thailand.

It is unfortunate, however, Thai's will talk behind you, they are not brazen enough to talk to your face.

You knew what you were getting into when you moved to Thailand, you know the reasons you are in Thailand in the first place.

Nothing that happens should be a surprise.

Enjoy Florida, BW. Let's just hope your wife doesn't get mistaken for a black person.

Just tell her not to go out at night wearing a hoodie, and she should be OK.

Threads like these really do show that bigotry towards Thai people expressed by Thai bashers, more often than not extends to other racial and ethnic minorities as well.

Hope 10 Thai's don't stomp you into the ground because you are a farang?

It is always 10 against 1 but that is not racist so don't take it personal if it ever happens to you.

We have guns in Florida.Lots of them.

To bad the Thai govt doesn't trust you with one.

That way if you are mistaken and getting the crap kicked out of you, you could put up some kind of defense.

But as such, remember why it is always 10 against 1. Not racist though. Maybe they just don't like your unwitty humor or personality.

Admit it, BW:

The thought that your wife might be mistaken for a light-skinned black woman never crossed your mind, and the thought is kind of shocking to you, isn't it?

I can understand why that might stick in your craw. That probably wouldn't go over too well down at the local country club, would it?

attachicon.gifshauntara250-1.jpg

P.S. I've never felt the need to own a gun in Thailand, and I never worry about being attacked by 10 guys here. But if that ever happened, I'm confident I could quickly defuse the situation by telling some jokes. Most Thai guys I know love laughing even more than they love beating up farangs. biggrin.png

Sounds like your Thai guy friends are a bunch of racists if they actually engage in that kind of behavior.

Rather cute African lady you got there, who is she btw?

I have a friend from Ghana who lives in Thailand and has also lived in several other countries. His experience is that Thais are the most racist people he has met.

Here in the provinces he apparently has no problem but down in Bangkok he says people look horrified at his presence and even wipe themselves if he accidentally brushes past them.

Why is it always a white guy saying this? I've yet to meet a black person in Thailand who's had any bad experiences. Even the black members on TV who comment from time to time have not mentioned being the target of racism by Thais. It's as if some white folks in Thailand feel a desperate need to convince everyone that Thais are racist against blacks. But reality is nothing like that.

Depends on the definition of "racism". It also depends a lot on whether the foreigner, who could be white, black, Indian, whatever actually understands Thai, misunderstands it, misinterprets the situation etc. leading to the charge of racism.

Many Thais are racist, both towards black and white people. Yes, probably more towards black people but with the very low numbers of black people in Thailand it's hard to say with any certainty, short of a survey. However, I have seen surveys made for a group of Thai professionals who worked for a multinational with other professionals who were sent for a project to Thailand from India, known in Thai as "khaek". Many of the Thais in that company initially quit when they found out they were going to work with Indians. The survey questionnaire was, from a western perspective very politically incorrect. But this is Thailand and after having filled out the survey, the respondents were very honest about their feelings responding that Indians were "stingy", "smelly", "loud" etc.

After the results were handed to the Indians they changed some of their habits to conform more with Thai culture, for example, putting on deodorant, not being as aggressive over monetary issues, being a little quieter etc. and then fewer of the Thai team felt the need to quit anymore after they gained exposure to the Indian workers.

It is also a fact in my experience, speaking fluent Thai that Thais do occasionally speak about you behind your back, just based on your physical appearance. Sometimes the comments will be positive, other times they can be interpreted to be negative. The big difference between Thailand and western countries (and many other countries) is that racism is usually subtle and rarely involves random violence, hostility or offensive language shouted at an individual or group of individuals in a loud manner. That's probably what causes so much debate on the matter here in Thailand - just because nobody tried to punch you in the face because you're white, black whatever, doesn't make Thailand a non-racist society. You have to look for the subtle clues and they are actually everywhere and they affect us all even if you're unaware of it.

No matter the number of foreign tourists and even expats that come to Thailand, Thailand is still a very race conscious society and while few people will stare at foreigners [anymore], the constant need to use terms like "farang", "dam" (which means black) or other distinguishing terms is clear evidence that Thais do not yet want to come to terms with the concept of diversity or multiple races and nationalities living amongst them and these races being equal to Thais. There's always this "us vs. them" mentality, which irrespective of how long certain individual expats have lived amongst Thais does not seem to fade away. It's not much different in most Asian countries, although a bit better in Myanmar, Malaysia and Singapore, just because those countries are more heterogeneous and less homogeneous than Thailand.

The survey questionnaire was, from a western perspective very politically incorrect.

For Thais going to work in India or vice versa, why should it comply to a Western persepective?

Before going to work overseas I was sent on a "cultural awareness" course.

Perhaps the fault lays with the employers rather than the Thais?

I come and go to Thailand for the past 5 years and spend at least 7 months a year each time. Until now I never had any serious problem with any Thai people. Of course once in a while they show some anger at something which irritate them but nothing serious. On the other hand I had very bad experience unfortunately with white expats. They still feel that now Thailand is their country and you are living in their country.

The main problems with white people, males in particular here in Thailand and other parts of this region is their sense of entitlement, the way they look down on newcomers, especially younger expats often from their own homelands, the way they need to win every argument on even the most trivial of issues and lack of sense of community.

Well, we all know what that's like here on TV but it's even worse on Bangkok Expats, Expats Laos, Cambodia etc. and various other Facebook groups and fora for expats. One guy makes an innocent and perfectly logical comment like: "driving in Cambodia after dark is ill-advised and dangerous".

Some middle-aged white buffoon who has lived there for 20 years comes along and says: "oh, driving at night is the best time to drive - there's no traffic and you'll be at your destination quicker, driving along the road with all the professional drivers".

First guy replies something like: "Cambodian roads are amongst the worst in Asia, they are narrow, dark and full of drunk drivers and trucks with their high beams on at night. Ill advised to drive then".

Buffoon comes along again and starts to argue semantics, trying to be right about something that is a matter of opinion and can't be scientifically validated and responds: "I beg to differ about Cambodian roads being the worst in Asia, blah blah blah".

Is it any wonder then with these attitudes there are no "white" communities in Thailand save for Russians, seemingly the only white nation whose citizens actually care for each other?

The Chinese, Cambodians, even Nigerians all have their own organisations, churches or other places of worship etc. but white people almost invariably go it alone and have no support mechanism when living abroad. Sad really.

ANd no, getting together with a few friends at the pub, even if all of them happen to be white doesn't make it a community. Most of those guys couldn't care less if you fall ill, lose all your money on a poorly researched business venture etc. Actually they'll probably be laughing about those things happening to you next time they're at the pub without you.

The survey questionnaire was, from a western perspective very politically incorrect.

For Thais going to work in India or vice versa, why should it comply to a Western persepective?

Before going to work overseas I was sent on a "cultural awareness" course.

Perhaps the fault lays with the employers rather than the Thais?

Exactly, it shouldn't.

However, let's not forget that most TV members are westerners and carry within them the same PC views of the world they brought over from the west. It is clear from some of the responses here. One guy even referred to minorities, but I don't think he was implying westerners, when of course, clearly, in Thailand westerners are a minority.

Maybe indeed the Indian employers didn't train their employees for Thai working conditions before they arrived here. But good to hear that this survey did help to improve the interactions between the Thai and Indian teams in the end. That is a good result.