MOVING: What do to with stuff?

KelCastro

Hi everyone,

Question: We're moving and we have a ton of stuff that we'd like to (1st) try to sell, and then if not successful, give away. We're used to doing "garage sale/yard sale" type of things… but here in Thailand that doesn't seem to be heard of, at least not in a way I have seen before.

We have regular apartment stuff to sell, like: a laptop, motorbike, 2 computer (rolling) chairs, a good-sized white table, reclining patio chairs (need a little wash), clothes drying rack, and a bunch of misc bathroom/kitchen appliances/plasticware.

Thanks!

If you cannot sell via one of the auction houses here, then donate to the Father ray Foundation. They can either use it or spend time selling or auctioning it off. There is a place along Soi Siam Country Rd on the right going up to that might buy or allow you to place for sale.

• Like 2

Try Craigslist first, then the auction house, (Collenbourn) its the best of the two auction houses, by far. If you want to donate, that should be your last option, but probably the quickest. The auction house takes a couple weeks to sell, and for you to collect. I really dont like people coming around to my house, so I dont use Craigslist, unless its for something special. If you use Craigslist, take photos of everything you want to sell, and put the pics with your add, that will make things go smoother.

How would you sell the stuff if you were in yo ur home country? DUH

In my home country, I wouldn't be deported for "working" at a garage sale.

Here in Thailand? Who knows. One pissed off neighbor and the OP may end up moving where he didn't want to go.

• Like 1

Well, I am moving into a house and would appreciate some "stuff". I wonder if you will send me details of what furniture and kitchen appliances you have together with other knickknacks, I might like to have.

If you could take some photos of the main items plus a description of their condition, I might wish to pursue this.

You can contact me direct please at *removed*

Thank you for your time and patience.

Chris

Edited by cdnvic
removed email address as per forum rules
  • Like 1