Best way to get to Khao Yai National Park from Rangsit?

Follow the 9 up to Saraburi then take the 2 to Khao Yai. Once you're past Saraburi it's quite a lovely drive through the mountains. There should be a turn off to the right once you're around Pak Chong.

Edited by wprime

Just come back from there, had a good time. Easy to find a hotel in Pak Chong @ 1,000 baht a night. I would advise against one of the organised tours. They are expensive and don't do much more than you can do yourself for free (if you have transport). Try Chock Chai Farm fun.

Follow the 9 up to Saraburi then take the 2 to Khao Yai. Once you're past Saraburi it's quite a lovely drive through the mountains. There should be a turn off to the right once you're around Pak Chong.

If he is heading for Khao Yai national park, he should turn off to the left at Tesco/Lotus Pak Chong on his LH side as he drives towards Korat.

After turning left and going into Pak Chong, he drives past Tesco/Lotus on his RH side, when he reaches the first set of traffic lights he turns right and this will take him straight to the national park, passing many hotels etc.

He could also take the 305 from Rangsit through Nakhon Nayok and enter the park from the back way.

If he has never been this way, probably better if he sticks to the first route.

Edited by rgs2001uk

Empty

Best to advise what mode of transport you'd like, bicycle? Car? Bus? Train, as one guy mentioned? Lots of options.

If driving, one guy suggested heading east on 305 via Nakhon Nayok. Then get on 33 to Prachin Buri, and at the Circle, turn left, north, to go up to the southern entrance to Khao Yai National Park. Tell the fee taker that you're just passing through to Pak Chong, it should be free then. Nice drive! Exit the park on the north side and start resort search. Next day, or when ever, return by heading 20 km north to the Friendship Hwy, #2, left to Saraburi and back to Rangsit.

Mac

Mac

• Like 1

Hi Mac,

I was planning on taking a van or bus possibly a train. but there has been a slight plan change...I'll be heading out from Bangkok tomorrow. I hear you can rent motor bikes once you get up there i intend to do that rather than taking a tour. Also am I carzy for thinking 1,000 a night is a bit steep? Thanks again everyone for your help.

Accommodation near the park is expensive. 1000 Baht is pretty cheap for the area. Double that for a half-decent room.

I don't know about motorbike rental, but if you don't have your own transport, then you're not going to have much fun there. There's virtually no public transport available, so you simply won't be able to visit the restaurants, wineries and natural attractions.