Custom desktop PCs

telstrareg

Can someone recommend a shop they have had a good experience with? I want to build a workstation for graphic design and I figure that here like most places it's cheaper to have a PC custom built rather than buying an off the shelf brand name like HP.

I live close to Phantip Plaza so if someone knows a good shop there, it would be convenient.

Goodspeed Computers in Computer Plaza next to Icon Square on the moat has built me a couple and is a solid outfit. They have two shops in Panthip but the owner at the main shop is the guy to see in the first instance - he speaks passable English and gives helpful advice on components. Reasonable prices, good service and no bickering about warranties etc.

All shops can do it. I have used at least 3-4 different shops at Pantip and 2-3 at Icon. A few shops have better service after the sale though. Try to make sure that the windows installed is a legitmate copy though, it will save you long term hassles.

GoodSpeed as someone else recommended was good. I will say though that when I had windows reinstalled at their shop they installed it on the wrong drive and they deleted 1 terabite of my animation, graphic design projects I did for the past 3 years. It was devastating. I had a bout 50% backed up.

Been years since I was involved with it. My wife was a graphic designer. She claimed the Macintosh did the best work.

10 years ago. I'm also of the same, though an Entertainment Marketing Media Designer which is just the same, just elevated. Mac is now the most expensive & weakest being accompanied by proprietary (expensive) connections and not supported in Thailand. PCs in this world is definitely the way to go for power & color space. However, for 3D, XP...for Design, Win 7 & a calibrated monitor.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Been years since I was involved with it. My wife was a graphic designer. She claimed the Macintosh did the best work.

10 years ago. I'm also of the same, though an Entertainment Marketing Media Designer which is just the same, just elevated. Mac is now the most expensive & weakest being accompanied by proprietary (expensive) connections and not supported in Thailand. PCs in this world is definitely the way to go for power & color space. However, for 3D, XP...for Design, Win 7 & a calibrated monitor.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Thanks for the upgrade on information. Was looking at the big screen Mac but decided it was as you say expensive and I am not into the graphic work myself.

I'll throw another vote towards Goodspeeds. Khun Nung, the owner, speaks enough English to be helpful, suggests good parts and pieces based upon what you tell him is your need, and puts together a very reliable machine at good prices. Be aware that he will usually opt for the more expensive option when given the choice, so double check what he intends to use. He stands behind his work, though, and when if I have a problem he has his techs deal with it while I wait. He's put together three different set-ups for me, and I've never been disappointed.

I always build my own PC's and as a webdesigner and graphic artist, I have never come close to purchasing off the shelf systems...

My current system is about 80,000 THB...

BTW... Just moved to CM... Im loving it here :)