UK Guardian--Blocked? Since Tuesday 26th.

pauleddy

Anyone else noted this? The Guardian site has been blocked before for mentioning coups etc.

I can't get into the site, but I can access other sites in the UK, including banks.

My isp speed tests and ping all ok. I may have deleted a cookie or two (I have Mac) but surely that would establish itself again once I accessed the site. I have not blocked cookies.

Eddy

Works fine on my corporate network in Thailand.

Any source to this: "blocked before for mentioning coups"? Or is this just a rumour? Screenshot of today's page for Thailand attached.

post-155923-0-59221300-1393465145_thumb.

Edited by Morakot

Fine on 3BB from Chiang Mai. As mentioned, True sometimes does have these blocking issues. If using True DNS try switching to Google DNS 8.8.8.8. Also if using True proxy, try disabling it. Both of these are known issues with True.

• Like 1

Fine on 3BB from Chiang Mai. As mentioned, True sometimes does have these blocking issues. If using True DNS try switching to Google DNS 8.8.8.8. Also if using True proxy, try disabling it. Both of these are known issues with True.

I'm on True DOCSIS here in Bangkok and began noticing some issues in reaching certain U.S. sites yesterday. Switched to using the Google DNSs and that seemed to help but the issue is back again this morning when I tried to reach the website of a research company in California. However, if I use VPN with a U.S. IP address no problem in reaching the sites. Using one of the True proxy servers may also help. I think something is going on with True right now/last few days in terms of reaching certain sites....speed is fine/normal...just reaching certain sites without having to use VPN, proxy, or another DNS server.

Edited by Pib

TRUE seem to regularly block certain sites or pages

What does the blocking message state or link to? Anyone?

There isn't any message for The Guardian, the page just won't load and eventually times out.

So there could be other reasons than deliberate blocking. But it loads just fine with my TOT connection.

• Like 1

I have a True wifi connection and the Guardian Newspaper site works well for me in Bangkok.

Amazing time now 7.26 I also have a True connection and the Guardian and BBC are both unobtainable not sure what is going on but this has been going on for several days and with different computers.

I have a True wifi connection and the Guardian Newspaper site works well for me in Bangkok.

Amazing time now 7.26 I also have a True connection and the Guardian and BBC are both unobtainable not sure what is going on but this has been going on for several days and with different computers.

Same here, both BBC news home and The Guardian sites unable to load plus a few other sites.