Suthep declares end of Bangkok Shutdown

george

A very wise move.

The protest sites are vulnerable to violent attack.

Lumpini Park will be safer and more easily defended.

​No need for more than one protest site now the Shin reign is in its final days !

Lumpini is open on all 4 sides. Its the unsafest site of them all.

Seh Daeng was shot in the head and killed there in 2010.

Suthep fed you another lie and you ate it up.

• Like 1

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The backdrop to the protests is a longstanding struggle between a royalist establishment -- supported by the judiciary and the military -- and Yingluck's family which has strong support in the northern half of Thailand.

Ahh Finally NEWS from a non Nation source

biggrin.png

Now as this article says it really was a power struggle, so for all of you expats who bought into the "restart Thailand" Claptrap and "end corruption" malarky sold by the yellow.Dems PDRC

I'm sorry to have to tell you the truth at this late date, that as just a PR Gimmick

Sorry Kids biggrin.png

Don't get too excited. It's just a news article from AFP. Just an opinion from the reporter. This is much more complex than you indicate. (my opinion of course).

Very very well played. Suthep is simply brilliant .

1. Yingluck is charged and most certainly will be guilty

2. The idiot red shirts are blocking EC so no chance of new elections in time

3. The idiot red shirts want to defy courts, army will act on its own

4. All agency fed up with shins

5. Shins lost billions from stock losses.

Now Suthep only needs to wait for a month or so and shins are out

Yes it's brilliant to loose. And then sneak away with your head between the legs. And not holding any promises to the protestors ;)

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So now Suthep will just be ranting to his sad little band of followers in the middle of a park, cheered on by his keyboard groupies on this forum.

WOW! Such a mature post from a red keyboard warrior. Were you wearing your "I Love No Luck" wife beater and your favourite thong whilst typing that rubbish?

it sounds like he is trying to say he is in control of protests or not... really, after Yinglucks firm determination "until death" really shows he is the biggest loser... and he is going out before all his dignity is gone... on facebook... Yingluch has put out so many photos of what she had done and accomplished... I do not see any unhappy people in the photo's... and quite honestly(in my humble opinion) she hasn't done anything terrible to merit all this crap that these wannabe leaders accuse her of... they promote violence, she trys to promote peace... i hope she reclaims her spot and at least let her finish her term by rights and let the people vote the way they want to vote... and suthep and any of those people should work honestly if they want to gain the masses by normal and peaceful ways... that's how you win... not this forceful and childish way...

I must ask, do you need medical help? For gods sake, you state... "she hasn't done anything terrible to merit all this crap that these wannabe leaders accuse her of.". You obviously live in a cocoon.

As with so many things being 'indirect" in Thailand, this is not as it seems.

It is simply a re-boot by the coup-mongers. Perhaps forced by some realities they are facing with respect to diminished support.

But is in effect a continuation of their anti-democracy plan - Consolidate, maintain low level protests that can be inflamed 'on demand', and maintain the political space for their user-friendly so-called Independent agencies and judiciary to keep up the good fight on their behalf.

This is a little like the PAD saying they disbanded...baloney - they have been at the forefront of these protests since day 1.

If and when unelectable Elitists actively and visibly forego political actions outside a system of Electoral and Parliamentary Democracy, only then will I put any stock in their pronouncements.

Otherwise it is just so much hot air trying to verbalize their re-positioning in a framework they want.

I don't believe anything they say, other than their pronouncements of coup-intentionism and promotion of minority rule. All of it under the guise of self-serving and holier-than-thou reform bleatings. On those scores, one can take them literally .

Edited by Fryslan boppe
  • Like 2

Falang's are Guest's in Thailand and should not interfere in anyway with thai politic's .

Many foreigners are here as medical tourists or are long-term sick retired people, and are required to attend hospital regularly here. This becomes difficult when the roads around hospitals are blocked and shootings/bombings are occurring, as does simple acts like food shopping where f.ex we were encouraged by a govt agency to "stockpile food" at the start of the Shutdown. This all affects foreigners directly and that is why they have to take an interest in the changeable political temperature.

Also many foreigners have families, property, investments etc. here and have to take an interest in volatile and dangerous political developments in order to protect their families and their business/investments here.

However I broadly agree with you that foreigners should not engage in volatile political protests/speeches etc. unless they have citizenship and even then they should use caution to not inflame the tinderbox situation further.

wai2.gif

Edited by Yunla
  • Like 1

I think Suthep and his allies should be investigated.

Each one of his moves damaged the Thai economy. Could it be possible they bid against certain stocks so that if they lose value, they end up making a huge amount of money?

I wouldn't be surprised if he did that and made billions in the process.

Good idea. And the Shinawats could be investigated at the same time. Their family wealth has increased a whopping 450% since little Poo took office and big brother told Forbes his sister's government sent him I billion baht. Shame the farmer's haven't been paid this week despite Yingluck's vow. Still she has her priorities, clearly.

Is 450% accurate?

Of course that is not accurate!

Thaksin does not even show in the top ten, a real eye opener would be the richest man in Thailand Dhanin Chearavanont, wealth increased from under 3 billion to 14.3 billion i just two (2) years!

Source Wikipedia

Cheers

Edited by kikoman
  • Like 2

This is much more complex than you indicate. (my opinion of course).

Well that is the MO right ?? anything that disagrees or contradicts the story the DEMS/YELLOWS.PDRC puts out is trashed, and the story is put out that thai politics is so highly complex that foreign journos cannot handle the intricate complexity and cultural details in it .... so

Just believe our story biggrin.png

good to see you are still parroting that party line gabruce, even as it swirls around the drain.

it sounds like he is trying to say he is in control of protests or not... really, after Yinglucks firm determination "until death" really shows he is the biggest loser... and he is going out before all his dignity is gone... on facebook... Yingluch has put out so many photos of what she had done and accomplished... I do not see any unhappy people in the photo's... and quite honestly(in my humble opinion) she hasn't done anything terrible to merit all this crap that these wannabe leaders accuse her of... they promote violence, she trys to promote peace... i hope she reclaims her spot and at least let her finish her term by rights and let the people vote the way they want to vote... and suthep and any of those people should work honestly if they want to gain the masses by normal and peaceful ways... that's how you win... not this forceful and childish way...

Why would you expect to see unhappy faces on Facebook pictures? That doesn't mean anything. Yingluck is doing what she's good at and what she's always done, photo ops. Apart from being a symbol of her brother's connection she isn't really the issue despite the attempts to get rid of her. If she goes the PTP won't collapse although it might struggle without Thaksin.

She's introuble over the rice scheme not because she's done anything wrong but because she was heading the Rice Committee whilst the alleged corruption took place. I doubt she knew much about what was going on or had any control over it or much else in government. There have been suggestions that she's taken more of a stand recently but I don't know if that's true.

A pm is normally an experienced politician who understands how to debate and promote their party's policies and how to lead and control those MPs under them and how to deal with those in opposition. If she had started at the bottom and stood in elections, preferably ones she was likely to lose and worked her way up she may well have turned out to be a great MP or PM.

She does get a lot of abuse and some is unnecessary but the real abuse has been by her brother and the PTP She's been used as a nice face to show off whilst others do the controlling.

I've never liked Suthep but he has started something which will hopefully start a movement towards a better Thailand although I think it will take a long time.

• Like 2

I think Suthep and his allies should be investigated.

Each one of his moves damaged the Thai economy. Could it be possible they bid against certain stocks so that if they lose value, they end up making a huge amount of money?

I wouldn't be surprised if he did that and made billions in the process.

Someone has made billions out of the rice scheme, but it probably wasn't Suthep.

This has been a protesters rally cry since day one, You have been requested before to please document your statements, IE: how many actual billions, and from what part of the nation budget of Thailand did those untold billions come from" and if said statements are not B/S why has the NACC only charged Yingluck with "Negligence" and not CORRUPTION as many anti-government supporters has stated as fact again and again on this forum for the last 3-4 months.

The NACC found no link from Yingluck to corruption, if they would have she would have been charged with corruption not negligence in doing her job!

It never was more then the big lie!

Cheers

• Like 1

"royalist establishment -- supported by the judiciary and the military --"

"now lets see if the reds do the same, maybe they will want to keep going as long as the independant courts...."

Pretty clear that the courts are not independent and that the emphasis now is on a "judicial coup", which may be an improvement over a military coup, but the outcome is the same. Good Ol' Boys back in the drivers seat. Forget democracy.

• Like 1

Isn't March 3 also the date that Yingluck officially lose the caretaker status ?

I thought this week was the deadline for the farmers given the promise they would be paid. That was the reason they turned around and went home, right?

March 3rd is also suspicious as it's only 2 days away. Maybe the goal is for Suthep to step back and let the masses take over?

That was my first thought as well Jesse. After Monday there will no so-called ''leader'' of the protests to keep the masses in check and maintain some kind of order.

I'm sure we are all hoping this is the first step to things calming down a little bit, however I'm worried this might now turn into a free-for-all.

Worrying times!

Ya think there is something we don't know?? Something happened, I don't think Suthep is one to just give up. clap2.gif

I hear that the face-saving spin on the Hi-Sos' Facebooks this morning is - the sea needs to recede before the tsunami comes in .....

Personally I don't know if this is true or not, maybe it's just their wishful thinking

This was Asoke this afternoon, was hard to even call it a protest anymore.

Xr2pzzY.jpg

There's more yellow shirt cheerleaders on TV than in Asoke itself wai2.gif

Asoke is always like that during the day. It's too hot in the sun. It was actually quite crowded at 6pm. More than had been there in the last week or two.

Ya think there is something we don't know?? Something happened, I don't think Suthep is one to just give up. clap2.gif

I hear that the face-saving spin on the Hi-Sos' Facebooks this morning is - the sea needs to recede before the tsunami comes in .....

Personally I don't know if this is true or not, maybe it's just their wishful thinking

I think the demonstrations will now grow, and will be confined to one area. This is not over yet, but with increasing g threats of breakaways, it's on.y a matter of time before The Army moves in. All in my opinion of course

• Like 1

I have read numerous posts about the caretaker status ending. So a question for you experts on the Thai constitution. Can anyone tell us what is provided for in the constitution as far as what is "theoretically" supposed to happen at that point and who runs the government at that point. Does the King appoint a temporary Prime Minister, etc. until elections and at what point is it necessary to have elections? I am just too lazy to read the document and I'm looking for a quick and simple answer.

Thanks

The Senate appoints a temporary PM.

• Like 1

Isn't March 3 also the date that Yingluck officially lose the caretaker status ?

No, it is not. The constitution says she has to perform a new election before that date, but she has done her best. The little fac-dwarf has the responsibility. Jail the luni asap.

The constitution days she has to form a parliament within 30 days after the election, which was 2 February. To be valid a certain percentage, I think it's 90 or 95%, of the seats in parliament must be occupied.

There are right now not enough MP's elected to make a valid parliament, and with the 5 constituencies which are added this week end I doubt it will get the required quota.

23 people dead - including children. And for what? There are only losers - the widowed, parents to lost children, unpaid farmers, people who have lost jobs (i have retrenched a number). This really is Thailand's lost decade.