Secession: Yingluck calls for equal treatment

webfact

Ms Yingluck said the government did not advocate separatism and believed that such a move would not take place.

Presumably she means the caretaker Government in which case it is only some of the caretaker ministers who have come out and publicly supported the concept of secession not the whole caretaker Government.

While she is the only one so far who has condemned the idea.

By everyone should receive equal treatment I suppose she means everyone who has called for secession.

That would be the insurgents in the south and the reds in the north.

good points.

She has forgotten completely about the south as they don't support the PTP so let the slaughter down there go on.

I get the headlines from the Bangkok Post and in the time this tea party has been going on there have been more murders in the south by the terrorists than the ones here by the red shirts.

She is a loser in the south and Bangkok. Much more time in Chiang Mai and she will be a loser in the north.

She always has been, and only acquired anything whatsoever from family graft and through nepotism/cronyism. She is inept, and has shown the world time & again- and will next time she goes to say anything.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yingluck calls for equal treatment

Ok....treat her like she treated rice farmers.........equal!

So when will we see Yingluck, ,Chalrem and Chief Bro-In-Law FM and Capo head

charged for murder while acting as heads of state, like Abihisit and Suthep?

And Tharit charged the same for BOTH clearings out of street protests. 2010 and 2014

Since the chameleon turncoat was up to his short hairs in BOTH committees.

Yes, equal TREATMENT!

She and 5 other's have been charged with murder.

From the article:

The families considered that Yingluck and other officials were responsible for the killed victims as they approved police officers to arm themselves with guns that had resulted in the killings.

Does this sound familiar Mr. Tharit?

• Like 2

So when will we see Yingluck, ,Chalrem and Chief Bro-In-Law FM and Capo head

charged for murder while acting as heads of state, like Abihisit and Suthep?

And Tharit charged the same for BOTH clearings out of street protests. 2010 and 2014

Since the chameleon turncoat was up to his short hairs in BOTH committees.

Yes, equal TREATMENT!

She and 5 other's have been charged with murder.

Good luck with that one... he must have truths we don't know...

"The court will set a date for a hearing about the charges. Since the case was not processed by the police, the lawyer of the family of the victims has to prove the accusations. "

I am sure if there are any teeth in this the PDRC would be front paging it daily and making a meal out of it...cuz it would make great headlines... but then might backfire because the existing Murder charges of their darling from a few years ago have been blatantly ignored by the accused...sounds more like it will be handled like a wrongful death suit and seeking punitive damages... though not sure about civil lawsuits here... says nothing yet about whether or not the Attorney General or any other independent Criminal Entity has joined in it... have to see

Does that mean equal treatment for the secessionists in the deep south?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That's a very good question....where does equality start and end.....

The secessionist movement in the south has of course been going for ages....nothing much ever said about it!

I don't know the answer here.

TVGerry, on 03 Mar 2014 - 16:41, said:

Equal treatment? That would mean the DSI investigating the red secessionists for sedition. That would mean you condemning them for wanting to secede. So if your own useless government can't give 'equal treatment' to these red rebels, you should shut the F up about double standards. bah.gif

Why? The group involved explained what they were about on Sunday night. Prayuth sticking his oar in and getting his army to try and get them arrested for secession is a knee jerk response to appeal to the nationalists. Still, looks like it impressed you lot.

Red Rebels ? , give it a rest.

" An investigation is needed if there is a real separatist movement. "

Of all the people who knows it exists, it is Yingluck. Yingluck herself met a large crowd openly advocating secession. She fully knows that it exists, and she fully knows where it comes from, and it comes from her own supporters. She's seen it, and everybody in the country has seen it. The legal action that is being pursued is entirely appropriate. It is time that Yingluck openly protects the constitution, and stops denying what everyone else has seen within her increasingly rabid and unconstitutional supporters.

Edited by Scamper
  • Like 1

Does that mean equal treatment for the secessionists in the deep south?

That's a very good question....where does equality start and end.....

The secessionist movement in the south has of course been going for ages....nothing much ever said about it!

I don't know the answer here.

It's the only other such movement in the kingdom as far as I'm aware.

And it's certainly one reason I would be peed off with the red shirts if I were head of the army and had faced the attacks and subsequent losses in the south...

Equal treatment? That would mean the DSI investigating the red secessionists for sedition. That would mean you condemning them for wanting to secede. So if your own useless government can't give 'equal treatment' to these red rebels, you should shut the F up about double standards. bah.gif

Why? The group involved explained what they were about on Sunday night. Prayuth sticking his oar in and getting his army to try and get them arrested for secession is a knee jerk response to appeal to the nationalists. Still, looks like it impressed you lot.

What group would that be?

Do you have a link? Thanks.

I'm sure they 'explained' themselves very well. As well as the red apologists here on TV. clap2.gif

To be fair, she did 'technically' state that the government did not support the idea of a seperate republic.

However, she said nothing about her, her brother, the Shin Clan, the UDD, a selection of PTP ministers (Churapong), Chalerm, Tarit and the red shirt movement.

Let's face it... Those are the ones that are under suspicion..... NOT the government.

totally agree! This has nothing to do with the Pheu Thai led government, only with some of Ms. Yinglucks caretaker cabinet, some Pheu Thai MPs, some red-shirts who seem to follow UDD leaders turned Pheu Thai MPs, etc., etc.

Nothing to do with the government at all rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

I think it could be treasonable to assume that there are many treasons for Thaksin to want to come home. It is also only treasonable that many people want to help him in his quest, I mean.... I wouldn't consider this untreasonable for certain members of the PTP and his sister to also want to help.

I am sure there are many many treasons why the army should be alarmed at what they would consider untreasonable acts to secure his return, especially a separation of the nation. It is beyond treason.

Many people have obviously tried to treason with these people, but they are just so untreasonable.

In the words of the late great Ian Dury.

'Treasons to be cheerful... part 3'.

Edited by PepperMe
  • Like 1

You can't be anything other than 'knee jerk' in situations like this. It is a very serious situation and nobody can afford to play down any of it.

It is is allowed time to fester, then it can literally destroy Thailand in a matter of months.

It needs to be stopped without any delay before the sentiment spreads.

It is being actively promoted probably by thousands if not tens of thousands.

Too risky..... too risky!!

rubl, on 03 Mar 2014 - 18:49, said:
fab4, on 03 Mar 2014 - 18:03, said:
TVGerry, on 03 Mar 2014 - 16:41, said:TVGerry, on 03 Mar 2014 - 16:41, said:

you should follow your own advise, my dear Fab4.

BTW calling for a separate state and having the army responding is not a knee-jerk response, but their duty. Your response seems more of a knee-jerk, or "oh bloody hell, what I say now to suggest it's the others again" wink.png

Why don't you look for sources other than this forum. You might learn something other than faux smugness.

rubl, on 03 Mar 2014 - 18:49, said:

you should follow your own advise, my dear Fab4.

BTW calling for a separate state and having the army responding is not a knee-jerk response, but their duty. Your response seems more of a knee-jerk, or "oh bloody hell, what I say now to suggest it's the others again" wink.png

Why don't you look for sources other than this forum. You might learn something other than faux smugness.

And why don't you provide other sources instead of trying to act intelligent? Stress on act. Enough of demagogy. Sources, please.

PepperMe, on 03 Mar 2014 - 18:57, said:

You can't be anything other than 'knee jerk' in situations like this. It is a very serious situation and nobody can afford to play down any of it.

It is is allowed time to fester, then it can literally destroy Thailand in a matter of months.

It needs to be stopped without any delay before the sentiment spreads.

It is being actively promoted probably by thousands if not tens of thousands.

Too risky..... too risky!!

"It is is allowed time to fester, then it can literally destroy Thailand in a matter of months."

"It is being actively promoted probably by thousands if not tens of thousands."

Didn't take you long to follow the usual suspects standards of hyperbole. Thousands, tens of thousands? BS. The reality;

Thammasat University's law lecturer Piyabut Saengkanokkul, viewed as co-leader of the so-called Assembly for the Defense of Democracy (AFDD), explained that the initials Sor Por Por in Thai alphabet may have been confused by critics of Red Shirt movement for "Sataranarat Prachatipatai Prachachon" (people's democratic republic) but, he said, they actually stand for "Samudcha Pokpong Prachatipatai" (assembly for the defense of democracy).

The Chiang Mai-based political activist group is unofficially called Sor Por Por Lanna and considered as a branch of the Bangkok- based Assembly for the Defense of Democracy, according to the law lecturer.

The AFDD consists of university academics who have supported democratic rule by way of general, nationwide polls and been opposed to the anti-government, anti-election protesters headed by former deputy premier Suthep Thaugsuban and several ex-Democrat Party legislators, who blatantly alleged that their political archrivals in northern Thailand had planned to divide the country.

http://english.cri.cn/6966/2014/03/03/2701s815597.htm

I'll leave you to your frantic posting target.

"An investigation is needed if there is a real separatist movement. I welcome the army's investment in this matter but the most important thing is to give equal justice to all parties," she said.

Perhaps she should report to the anti corruption court to answer charges, she is showing complete contempt for the law. I know she loves the north, loves to do a little shopping at Big C, Paragon and the Bangkok shops are not for her. But a little trip to Bangkok to show her red army that she still believes in law and order wouldn't hurt.

Thammasat University's law lecturer Piyabut Saengkanokkul, viewed as co-leader of the so-called Assembly for the Defense of Democracy (AFDD), explained that the initials Sor Por Por in Thai alphabet may have been confused by critics of Red Shirt movement for "Sataranarat Prachatipatai Prachachon" (people's democratic republic) but, he said, they actually stand for "Samudcha Pokpong Prachatipatai" (assembly for the defense of democracy).

The Chiang Mai-based political activist group is unofficially called Sor Por Por Lanna and considered as a branch of the Bangkok- based Assembly for the Defense of Democracy, according to the law lecturer.

The AFDD consists of university academics who have supported democratic rule by way of general, nationwide polls and been opposed to the anti-government, anti-election protesters headed by former deputy premier Suthep Thaugsuban and several ex-Democrat Party legislators, who blatantly alleged that their political archrivals in northern Thailand had planned to divide the country.

http://english.cri.cn/6966/2014/03/03/2701s815597.htm

I'll leave you to your frantic posting target.

So we needed a law lecturer to explain what the SPP Lanna stands for?

Does that mean the ChiangMai group can't explain that 'obvious' confusion themselves? Do they want to continue to go through life with the label 'buffelo'?

Or have we found someone who could hastily come with a 'more' acceptable explanation of the abbreviation?

Not that is really matters. The group made clear they want a separate state with their own type of democracy.

• Like 2

She would do well to remember that this separatist secession movement is alive and well due to her brother and his financing of the Red Shirt movement and its rabid leaders and self appointed spokespersons.

The objectionable child is all as a result of the head of the Shinwatra clan desperate angst filled and angst driven desire for revenge at any price and the ultimate position of dictator.

Sadly though it seems as if the child has gone off of the rails and turned into the unruly unpredictable unmanageable brat we now see much like its parent.

One wonders just how this child will eventually turn out?

Perhaps along the lines of that Chalerm creature and that would be no surprise, one is inclined to suspect that judging by the violent rhetoric and quoted actions that may be taken the ''godfather'' is indeed stewarding this recalcitrant social misfit of a child to a violent life.

Madam caretaker Prime Minister(?) look in your own family first before making inane comments or even better leave the Thai political scene and take your phone(s) off of the hook, Skype included

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 2

whistling.gif "Equal treatment"

Does that include having the DSI requesting bogus arrest warrants for any Red Shirt leader they feel like arresting?

Does that include having a Red Shirt leader's bank account or accounts "frozen" with no reason given?

Does that having the immigration picking some farang out of a Red Shirt protest site and threatening to have him (or her) deported simply because of his (or her) political views?

All of these items are a part of the state-supported harassment Lameduck Yingluck and her government supporters have orchestrated over the past 3 months against protestors simply trying to express their democratic free speech rights as Thais.

So yes, that same type or organized harassment would be just good "equal treatment" for Yingluck and her Pee You Thai Red Shirt friends

I'm all for that kind of equal treatment.

I'd blow a whistle in Yingluck's face just for that.

Patience is a virtue, and virtue is a grace. Give them enough rope and they will eventually hang themselves.

Although publicly she is saying she does not support any separation of Thailand by asking for equal treatment for all it sounds like privately she does support treason by the Rak Chiang Mai 51 group. Also her long silence on this matter suggests her support of it. IMO

Be careful what you post you might find yourself being the target of a defamation case making accusations like that

Playing devil's advocate: So what if Thailand were split into more compatible countries? I've thought for years that the Muslims in the far South of Thailand were living in the wrong country. Perhaps a referendum there would show that most of them think so as well?

Now it seems that a majority of Northerners think so too?

Is it really so unthinkable to think about a partition of Thailand? If Thaksin returned to power and glory in LannaLand, maybe he would finally let us long-suffering Bangkokians live in peace?

Nations have been partitioned before, it's not impossible, tho it has too often been bloody.

Maybe the Ukraine will be partitioned between the Russian East and the European West. Why not, if this could avert bloody war that is now looming. Why not ask the people involved what they want?

If democracy and voting is so important, how about voting on issues that matter in referendums, rather than for or against a would-be leader?

John Lennon's famous song reminds me that I'm one of the dreamers.

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace