Be honest: why do you post on this forum?

HalcyonDays

I've looked at people who contribute frequently to this forum. I have examined their posting behavior. This is what I think

1. Mini Pats

I've written about these pipsqueaks before. These people are the wannabe expats who are here in Thailand on sub-standard remuneration packages that exclude school fees and accommodation. These people are the munchkins who claim to be expats and post ad-nauseam about their salaries. These clowns make me laugh. Never forget that real expats will NEVER post on a forum like this.

2. Social Posters

There are lots of lonely men out here. They live in Nakhon Nowhere. They are socially isolated and bored. These guys seem to represent a fair-sized chunk of this forum's regular contributors. On the whole, I like these guys. They're straightforward and honest. Sometimes they've got a lot to offer.

3. Gentleman who post under the influence of alcohol

This a massive category. Lots of men submit their masterpieces after one jar too many. The results are usually horrendous. Other men seek to engage in intellectual debate when really they should be taking a cold shower and getting ready for bed. I guess some men just don't know their limitations.

4. Men with an agenda

Some men post because they have an agenda. They proselytize; they preach. Their tone is overtly moralizing. Needless to say, the causes they advocate are invariably whacko, immoral and just plain wrong. Welcome to Thailand.

QUESTION: why else do people post on this forum?

Edited by HalcyonDays

Why do i post on this forum ??

Because sometimes , some of the News that you read or stories that you read, can be quite informative, or negative, blah blah blah

so, sometimes i just reply to say my Tuppence worth..

as for which category i fall into ??? no ideal, i dont sound like any of the ones you have mentioned..

I might be unique, but i doubt that..

Cheers

• Like 1

I don't think it's a troll post.

I would also like to know how someone can make thousands upon thousands of posts, and still have the time to live a normal life away from the keyboard, and be an expert on Thailand all at the same time !

It does not work out"..............how can you be an expert on anywhere, if you spend all your time on a PC ?

You never actually experience anything, you never go out !

Most of my posts are in the farming forum, answering question's.

so, like a lot of posters, networking and shearing knowledge.

Yep farming forum would be the place for shearing knowledge.....though not many sheep in Thailand I think...........sorry couldn't resist

I read the forum because I am interested in the happenings in Thailand and there is also some good information, when I legalised my marriage for example, made easy by reading the information here beforehand, to the point that when the local amphur thought they could not marry us, I advised that they could, if they requested the correct documents, which my wife took along to show them, they made a big thing of the marriage, everybody happy.

I post because it is easy to participate and some of the responses are quite comedic, although I am sure this is not always the intention!

Edited by 473geo

I post here to make others jealous of my massive intelligence, fat bank account, movie star good looks, my history in the alphabet spy networks, and HiSo half Chinese -Thai girlfriends and their wealthy families.

lol

• Like 1

I post here to make others jealous of my massive intelligence, fat bank account, movie star good looks, my history in the alphabet spy networks, and HiSo half Chinese -Thai girlfriends and their wealthy families

I put myself in SDaniel's category. Since my good looks and wit are not appreciated at home, someone has to know about me.

• Like 1

I post when i want an answer to a question ,also i am a sarcastic bastard and i like to poke fun at some posts on here ,and i have nothing much to do while the wife is cleaning in the morning and as i have a study where my computer is it keeps me out of her way ,because i get under her feet she says.tongue.png

• Like 1

i claudius, on 04 Mar 2014 - 10:10, said:

I post when i want an answer to a question ,also i am a sarcastic bastard and i like to poke fun at some posts on here ,and i have nothing much to do while the wife is cleaning in the morning and as i have a study where my computer is it keeps me out of her way ,because i get under her feet she says.tongue.png

I envy you.

You got a wife that does some cleaning?

Ahhhhh......where do you all find them?

I post here to make others jealous of my massive intelligence, fat bank account, movie star good looks, my history in the alphabet spy networks, and HiSo half Chinese -Thai girlfriends and their wealthy families.

Absolutely brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I Usually post on here to give fellow members, Information and to pass on my knowledge regarding the requested TOPIC.

I must admit that most of my Information Is rather useful and makes a lot of sense, and the other half of my Information, Is pretty much useless and a load of rubbish biggrin.png

Edited by welsh1

A sense of fairness. There are a group of people who post falsehoods about Thailand and Asian things in general. One posts and then others jump on board bashing this and that and reveling in the taste, education, culture and general superiority of things Western. Someone should tell the truth and stop myths about Thais from being perpetuated.

What are some of these 'Falsehoods' that you feel are perpetrated?

What wrongs do you need righted?

Good question. thumbsup.gif

To put the female point of view on topics which appeal to me , rather than leaving it to the male-dominated posters - a good few of whose main activities would seem to be drinking and sex. Thai-bashing isn't my favourite either, as we all need the similar comfort zones to live on this earth, we just have different ways of expressing them dependent on our ethnic background.

Interesting that the OP only mentioned men in his post.

Sorry, guys, but even back in the UK I never ;'knew my place', and there's no chance in hell that I'd migrate to the women's forum as I've nothing to add to most of the topics there. You'll just have to put up with me. .

• Like 1

My dog is a soi dog and very polite and loving and a good guard dog. She kills poisonous snakes and bites burglars and loves her weekly shower.

Mate, that's Golden.

Enjoy ... thumbsup.gif

We can't shower/de-louse the dogs at the Farm.

They then go and jump in the Fish Ponds and the chemicals kill the Prawns ... or Shrimp as you would refer tho them as.