Can I get a re-entry permit at CNX Airport?

LarryBird

I'm flying out on the Korean Air flight which leaves at about midnight. I've heard you can get a re-entry permit at the airport, but have never actually done it.

Can you go any time to get it? Is it possible to do it before this flight since it leaves late at night?

Thanks in advance.

LB

I think you can only get it after you have entered departures for your flight, just on the left hand side.

I guess it should not matter what time but not sure. Take all the docs photos etc.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Whenever there is a flight there is immigration staff to stamp you out. So they can also do a re-entry permit. (May involve them calling someone over).

The risk is if you can't supply a required item, such as photos, passport copies of the right pages, money.

Whenever there is a flight there is immigration staff to stamp you out. So they can also do a re-entry permit. (May involve them calling someone over).

The risk is if you can't supply a required item, such as photos, passport copies of the right pages, money.

I do it several times a year. Money, yes. Passport photo, yes. Photocopies not required.

• Like 2

I do it several times a year. Money, yes. Passport photo, yes. Photocopies not required.

Wait, sorry if this is obvious, but just to make absolutely certain: specifically, you do this at CNX several times a year?

Wait, sorry if this is obvious, but just to make absolutely certain: specifically, you do this at CNX several times a year?

Yes. Of course if I know I'm going to need 3 or more re-entries then I get a multiple re-entry and only have to do it once - I'm on a one year visa. I have done it twice in the last few months, the last time a multiple re-entry (THB3,800) which will see me through to November and my next visit to immigration for a new visa.

I love the inconsistency :)

Immigration asks for various copies, depending on the mood of the officer and/or office. But Immigration at the air port does not require passport photocopies...

There was a 1969 romantic comedy "If it's Tuesday We Must be in Belgium"

Here we could adapt that to: "If no Photocopies are Required, We Must be at the Airport) 555!

• Like 1

I love the inconsistency smile.png

Immigration asks for various copies, depending on the mood of the officer and/or office. But Immigration at the air port does not require passport photocopies...

There was a 1969 romantic comedy "If it's Tuesday We Must be in Belgium"

Here we could adapt that to: "If no Photocopies are Required, We Must be at the Airport) 555!

They make the photocopies themselves and don't charge anything. It's quick and convenient - but you must already have your boarding card.

• Like 1

They always have Immigration staff at the airport when there are international flights leaving. If for no other reason than to check passports and collect overstay fines! So, they don't mind selling re-entry permits while they're looking thru the passports to be sure no one is on overstay.

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 2

To get your re-entry permit at the airport you will need your boarding pass. The window for requesting the permit is on the second floor, on the left, as you enter the departure hall. You must pass through security but not passport control before you can walk over to the window. You can download the form (TM8) right here on Thai Visa and have it all filled out before you go. I would bring copies of the pages in your passport relating to your stay in Thailand just in case their copy machine is out of order.

A friend of mine also did it just before his late (11:59PM?) Korean Air flight earlier this week. I'd like to think that I could get my re-entry permit at the airport but I seem to always end up getting one at immigration as I don't want to find out it's unavailable (for whatever reason) at the airport and then blow my one-year visa (or."extension" for the pendantic).

A friend of mine also did it just before his late (11:59PM?) Korean Air flight earlier this week. I'd like to think that I could get my re-entry permit at the airport but I seem to always end up getting one at immigration as I don't want to find out it's unavailable (for whatever reason) at the airport and then blow my one-year visa (or."extension" for the pendantic).

In a nutshell!!

But two posts above yours do help reduce that innate fear somewhat!!

I also asked them downstairs in the international terminal once. And they told me that when there were international flights then you can get a re-entry permit. I know it's just their word, but slowly i'm beginning to gain more and more confidence!

Don't you have to go to the immigration office and fill out a form to get the permit. I got one about 6 months ago and spent nearly 7 hours in the Chiangmai immigration office to get it. I was asked what was my purpose of leaving and what was my purpose of returning. When I finally got the interview it took 5 minutes and got the permit stamped.

• 3 months later...

Anybody gotten a re-entry permit recently at the airport? Am flying out 06 July on the morning AirAsia flight to Kuala Lumpur. Would prefer to get the re-entry permit at the airport and not deal with the immigrations office.

Anybody gotten a re-entry permit recently at the airport? Am flying out 06 July on the morning AirAsia flight to Kuala Lumpur. Would prefer to get the re-entry permit at the airport and not deal with the immigrations office.

Got one end of last week. I was requested copies of passport pages (did not have it, no problem) and photos (had it, don't know if it would be a problem if I did not).

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Talk to one of the visa services in town and see if they will do it for you.

Can't quickly find their name but the agency in Chiang Mai Land road got me a multiple re-entry stamp a few months back.

Very focused team, friendly, knew what they were doing, lots of good English, after all documents prepared they took me to the immigration office. All completed within 20 minutes.

• 3 months later...

My advice to anyone who is planning to leave the country in the near future, is to visit Chiang Mai airport well before they leave and make inquiries there, ask it is possible to obtain re-entry permits at the airport, during what times and exactly what is required.

Better safe than sorry and that`s what I would do, or as the wise man says; hear it straight from the horses mouth.

Since it inside security and you are supposed to have a boarding pass to go in, you may not be able to talk to them.

On 1 August, as I was leaving the country, I stopped and asked them when they have agents there to do re-entry visas. The answer was any time an international flight is going out, they man the booth and any one can get a re-entry visa.

Within the past month, I have gone to the international boarding area, passport and reservations for international travel in a few weeks in hand, but without a boarding pass, explaining I wanted to purchase a re-entry permit from the Immigration counter, clearly visible just beyond the security screening area. I was denied entry because I didn't have a boarding pass for that day. I explained I had a reservation for later and just wanted to buy the re-entry permit early "to be sure" and when I wasn't all burdened with carry-on luggage and stressed with details about the trip. Nope, had to have a boarding pass, for that day, in hand.

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 1