Thai man kills monk to 'ward off his sexual advance'

webfact

Man Kills Monk To 'Ward Off His Sexual Advance'

By Khaosod English

13940964771394096537l.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A monk has been reportedly stabbed dead in Kanchanaburi province by a man who claimed he was acting in self-defence against the monk's sexual advance.

The incident took place in a motel room in Nong Bua subdistrict of the province's Mueang district on Wednesday morning.

At the scene, the police found the body of a monk in a pool of blood, with a knife clenched in his right hand. Splatters of blood were also found around the room, an evidence that a fight broke out earlier.

The monk was identified as Phra Ponsak Thongchimplee, 45, a native of Bangkok and a member of a temple in Nakhon Ratchasima province. The police said they found 9 stabbing wounds on the monk's body.

Motel staff said the monk was seen checking in at the motel room with a man, who later emerged with blood and wounds on his body, and claimed he stabbed the monk dead. The police promptly visited the hospital where the man was being treated.

At the hospital, Mr. Prinya Kaewsuk told the officers that he worked as a vendor in Nakhon Ratchasima province and has been a loyal follower of the monk. According to Mr. Prinya, Phra Ponsak hired him to be his driver on a trip to ask for donations in Pathum Thani province on 4 March.

After his donations letter were all handed out, Mr. Prinya said, Phra Ponsak instructed him to drive to Kanchanaburi province as he wished to purchase some gemstones before returning to his temple.

Mr. Prinya claimed they arrived in the province by midnight, so they rented a motel room and he quickly fell asleep on his bed due to exhaustion.

However, the man said, he was later woken by the monk who sat - naked - on his body and asked him for a sexual intercourse. When Mr. Prinya said no, the monk allegedly took out a knife and threatened to kill him if he still refused, causing him to reach for the knife and struggled with the monk. Mr. Prinya said he was cut in left wrist in the process.

The suspect claimed he eventually took the knife and stabbed the monk repeatedly out of his rage. He said he informed the motel staff afterwards and went to hospital to treat his wound.

Mr. Prinya insisted to the police that he did not intend to kill Phra Ponsak, as he was driven by rage after the monk tried to coerce him into sexual intercourse.

The police said they are skeptical of Mr. Prinya's testimony, citing contradicting evidences found in the scene. Investigation is ongoing.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1394096477

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-03-06

looks like the cop in the grey shirt near his feet is about to piss himself laughing, got to admit it is a pretty weird story, wonder if the monk was dressed as well and not naked seeing he had the knife back too, very strange indeed.

The guy on the right is pinching himself to not smile. This is credible... he'll get off. I've never seen Thai police doing any type of forensics (even finger-printing), so I can't imagine they'll turn up anything relevant here....

This story makes me feel "Holy" because it has so many holes in it!

In Thailand if you murder a monk I reckon that is a strong motivation to have some kind acceptable reason ...

In this case, because it's a monk. I reckon they will probably REALLY investigate.

Edited by Jingthing

When criminals can get released from prison by becoming monks.

When monks break their religion by acquiring material things. Bad things are bound to happen. Since my first day in thailand i have seen monks doing things bad outside of their religion. This story us just another example. I just hope this was the first time to happen and that he didnt do this to young followers also

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Gay, sadistic and corrupt monk in LOS? Is the pope a catholic? I once met a monk on a bus in Isaan who told me that he was "Jack the Ripper". I didn't entirely disbelieve him, having come across several really dodgy monks during my time in Thailand, several of whom were as bent as a five bob note (in all meanings of the term "bent").sad.pngsad.png

looks like the cop in the grey shirt near his feet is about to piss himself laughing, got to admit it is a pretty weird story, wonder if the monk was dressed as well and not naked seeing he had the knife back too, very strange indeed.

about the grey shirt can anybody make out what the letters mean on the said shirt??

"woken by the monk who sat - naked - on his body"

There is your sign...there is definitely something wrong with this picture...

Do monks have no shame...couldn't he have just sat on the bed...like a gentleman...and asked for sex...

Pervert....

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.